AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Weighted Dips 3-5 rep range ? will rep :)

First of all, Dips are my favorite chest/triceps exercise, love them ! However , I can't do them for high reps, if I do so my triceps get very fatigued. I am wondering if I'll get the same benefits by doing multiple sets (5-8) of 3-5 reps, main goal being hypertrophy. If I were to do 3 sets of 8 reps with a lighter weight , the total volume would be the same , wouldn't it ? I am currently working with BW+75 , so 3 sets of 6 sets would be close to 24 reps. The weight is around 80% of my max. I also read Chad Waterbury's article mentioning something similar ?

Thanks, will rep every answer

brandoncpt will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandoncpt will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandoncpt will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandoncpt will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandoncpt will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandoncpt will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandoncpt will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandoncpt will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandoncpt will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandoncpt will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandoncpt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lots of programs are built around 5 sets of 5 reps, so I would think you would see some results with that.

JamesMontana will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesMontana will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesMontana will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesMontana will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesMontana will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesMontana will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesMontana will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesMontana will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesMontana will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesMontana will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesMontana will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What do you mean when you say your tricep gets fatigued at high reps?
    If you mean you're trying to chest dip but your tri's are giving out first, you need to lean forward more and flare out the elbows. Tri dips are elbows tucked, upright torso.

Anways, yes, you will still see muscle growth, but it most likely won't be optimal. 3 sets of 8 and 8 sets of 3 do not equate to the same thing- they're both catered for different goals (size v strength).

SixFootSniper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SixFootSniper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SixFootSniper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SixFootSniper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SixFootSniper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SixFootSniper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by JamesMontana View Post
    If you mean you're trying to chest dip but your tri's are giving out first, you need to lean forward more and flare out the elbows. Tri dips are elbows tucked, upright torso.

Anways, yes, you will still see muscle growth, but it most likely won't be optimal. 3 sets of 8 and 8 sets of 3 do not equate to the same thing- they're both catered for different goals (size v strength).
    ^this

athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    work on the un-weighted dips first. once you get comfortable doing around 25-30 dips per set, move on to weighted. i saw great gains doing that.
    -Speed Kills, Strength Punishes-

Go hard for those that can go no more.- G Diesel

The future will soon be a thing of the past- George Carlin

I'm not into working out. My philosophy is no pain, no pain.- George Carlin

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.- Arnold

Working to weigh under 200 lbs.

SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JamesMontana View Post

It is fine just keep progressing.
    MUST READ about back development : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151735043

MUST READ about shoulders development : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151861353

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by AliLeo94 View Post
    First of all, Dips are my favorite chest/triceps exercise, love them ! However , I can't do them for high reps, if I do so my triceps get very fatigued. I am wondering if I'll get the same benefits by doing multiple sets (5-8) of 3-5 reps, main goal being hypertrophy. If I were to do 3 sets of 8 reps with a lighter weight , the total volume would be the same , wouldn't it ? I am currently working with BW+75 , so 3 sets of 6 sets would be close to 24 reps. The weight is around 80% of my max. I also read Chad Waterbury's article mentioning something similar ?

Thanks, will rep every answer
    Over the long haul, the results with either scenario will likely be about the same. As long as you're seeing progression, you'll get stronger, and ultimately, bigger.

As far as Dips go, use a scheme that's friendly to your shoulders. If you injure yourself from an inappropriate set/rep plan, your gainz will come to a screeching halt.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

mmazz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmazz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmazz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmazz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmazz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmazz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmazz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmazz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmazz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmazz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmazz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That rep range is fine as long as your progressively overloading. Like the poster said above, cater to your shoulders, but make sure you increase the weight or slowly try to increase the reps over the nextfew weeks

BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by athomas88 View Post
    work on the un-weighted dips first. once you get comfortable doing around 25-30 dips per set, move on to weighted. i saw great gains doing that.
    This. Maybe instead of trying to avoid tricep fatigue, you should embrace the opportunity to make them work.

Also, if you are going to continue reading Chad Waterbury articles, PM me because I have some nice swampland in Florida for sale.