snsdyoona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snsdyoona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snsdyoona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Some home exercises

Been wondering, what muscles does reverse crunches train? Also, is it useful?

Skullcrushers are proclaimed as a great tricep exercise, but I can't seem to do it properly. Will I achieve the same results by doing dips?

Poseidon99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Poseidon99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Poseidon99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Poseidon99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Poseidon99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Poseidon99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Poseidon99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Poseidon99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Poseidon99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Poseidon99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Poseidon99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lie on your stomach and try to lift your legs into the air without losing the contraction in your lower back. Also flex your glutes and hamstrings hard. Retract your shoulder blades and lift your chest off the ground. Try to hold this. Work on getting your legs higher. If u have ever seen oldboy the purple hat dude gets his legs vertical. **** is insane for building your foundation n gives u beast posture.
    ~Fap onto a piece of paper and write "You touched my jizz!!"... stuff said paper into glass bottle and throw it in the ocean so someone finds it on the beach in anotha country crew~

~Shave my butt n pull my boxer briefs into my buttcrack (manthong) then go on chatroulette and show my nice butt, creepy guys think I am a hot chick with dat ass... then I pull out my balls crew~

snsdyoona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snsdyoona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snsdyoona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Poseidon99 View Post
    lie on your stomach and try to lift your legs into the air without losing the contraction in your lower back. Also flex your glutes and hamstrings hard. Retract your shoulder blades and lift your chest off the ground. Try to hold this. Work on getting your legs higher. If u have ever seen oldboy the purple hat dude gets his legs vertical. **** is insane for building your foundation n gives u beast posture.
    Oh okay. What muscle does it train? Lower back??

any answer for the triceps question would be greatly appreciated!

AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Skullcrushers are proclaimed as a great tricep exercise, but I can't seem to do it properly. Will I achieve the same results by doing dips
    Do weighted dips for higher intensity. Then dips using just bodyweight for higher reps.

Of course, there are other effective tricep weight training exercises. They're not up there with skullcrushers in my book (but great to follow skullcrushers with), but french curls when performed properly are a good exercise that I think is easier to master.

What is it you're finding yourself struggling on with skullcrushers exactly when it comes to the lifts?
    Last edited by AdamTrue85UK; 02-02-2013 at 03:40 AM.
    ~224 days in ~ (12/05/13)

orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Dips are an effective compound exercise for either tris or chest. For triceps, keep your body more straight up and down. For chest, lean forward more.

You can start up a progression scheme using increasing weights (you can get a dip belt or just hold the dumbbell between your legs).

Check this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ail+mighty+dip
    Last edited by orangegoblin; 02-02-2013 at 05:39 AM.

Originally Posted by AdamTrue85UK View Post
    Do weighted dips for higher intensity. Then dips using just bodyweight for higher reps.

Of course, there are other effective tricep weight training exercises. They're not up there with skullcrushers in my book (but great to follow skullcrushers with), but french curls when performed properly are a good exercise that I think is easier to master.

What is it you're finding yourself struggling on with skullcrushers exactly when it comes to the lifts?

What is meant by higher intensity? P.S im kinda a newbie

Skull crushers seem to hurt my wrist pretty bad. Also, the motion is pretty foreign to me coz im not sure if my elbows are locked and doing it right.

Thanks all for your kind help! Repped all.... (i think)
    The article was pretty useful!

AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by snsdyoona View Post
    What is meant by higher intensity? P.S im kinda a newbie
    Simply put, hitting your muscles as hard as possible to failure and past in a short period of time with a short period of rest time inbetween sets.

Skull crushers seem to hurt my wrist pretty bad. Also, the motion is pretty foreign to me coz im not sure if my elbows are locked and doing it right.
    When it comes to wrist and elbow pain, get an EZ bar. If you are and it hurts still, use dumbbells with neutral/hammer grip. Still hurts, sorry brah but don't do skullcrushers. They are simply not for everybody and it's quite common for people to find they are not getting along with them and like I said there are plenty of other tricep exercises that performed properly are easier to master but still give great results. The main thing I'd suggest with skullcrushers is aim for higher reps rather than higher weight. The best results from skullcrushers, I find, come more from higher reps at a lower weight rather than trying to constantly up the weight. Skullcrushers are for isolation, trying to progress too much up in weight can compromise form which is more important in this type of exercise. Alternatively, dips are a compound exercise, so ideal for adding higher weight to, providing shoulders are in good health.
    Last edited by AdamTrue85UK; 02-02-2013 at 05:06 AM.

Originally Posted by AdamTrue85UK View Post
    Simply put, hitting your muscles as hard as possible to failure and past in a short period of time with a short period of rest time inbetween sets.

When it comes to wrist and elbow pain, get an EZ bar. If you are and it hurts still, use dumbbells with neutral/hammer grip. Still hurts, sorry brah but don't do skullcrushers. They are simply not for everybody and it's quite common for people to find they are not getting along with them and like I said there are plenty of other tricep exercises that performed properly are easier to master but still give great results. The main thing I'd suggest with skullcrushers is aim for higher reps rather than higher weight. The best results from skullcrushers, I find, come more from higher reps at a lower weight rather than trying to constantly up the weight. Skullcrushers are for isolation, trying to progress too much up in weight can compromise form which is more important in this type of exercise. Alternatively, dips are a compound exercise, so ideal for adding higher weight to, providing shoulders are in good health.
    For skull crushers, whats the recommended weight for beginners? For dips, am i supposed to lean forward instead of going down vertically? It gets pretty hard when i lean forward. :l

For skull crushers, whats the recommended weight for beginners?
    Just look for a weight where you can blow out a good 10-12 extensions to start with. Again, think more about proper form and extensions, rather than worrying whether the weight is too low to begin with.
    For dips, am i supposed to lean forward instead of going down vertically? It gets pretty hard when i lean forward. :l
    Keep your body vertical if you want to really target triceps. Leaning forward still works triceps and shoulders but transfers a good deal of the stress on your chest.
    Last edited by AdamTrue85UK; 02-02-2013 at 06:25 AM.

SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Been wondering, what muscles does reverse crunches train? Also, is it useful?

Skullcrushers are proclaimed as a great tricep exercise, but I can't seem to do it properly. Will I achieve the same results by doing dips?
    Lower Back, Yes

both are lateral head dominant triceps exercises yet they hit the other heads if done correctly skull crusher uses some back when lowered to the back of the head -preferable to recruit shoulder extension function for triceps aka long head- in same way as pullovers.
    Dips uses some chest and shoulders as well although some people have trouble hitting depth during dips without clavicles pain.
    Just choose the most comfortable of them and stick to it.
    MUST READ about back development : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151735043

MUST READ about shoulders development : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151861353

Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100)
    lower back... suppose to stabilize n stuff
    watch them titties DANCE:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb7rClSNwqQ

82 yrs old, buffer than buff, reek of wisdom, sexual prowness second to none