MissRouge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking New girl here - isn't quite sure where to begin!

Hi,

I'm 21, 9.7 stone and just under 5ft8.

I'm looking to lose some fat but most of all I want to gain muscle. I don't currently work out, the most I do is walking each day but even then it's not much. My diet is mostly vegetarian food but I do eat meat/fish sometimes.

A couple of years ago I was 8.5 stone and able to keep that weight. Sometimes I miss being that slim but looking back I don't think I ate enough. So now I'm looking to put on muscle and look like a strong woman. My weaknesses are indian food and alcohol, I guess I will have to basically stop these now.

I can't afford to join the gym right now but I'm looking for a good weekly work-out for a beginner. I'm hoping to start kickboxing/muay thai soon as well as pole dancing but I'm in the middle of moving area/house, so I can't really join any clubs at the moment unfortunately.

Thanks all.
    x

DuckGal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi MissRogue!

I'm new here as well! Good to meet you! Doing the 100k challenge myself. I'm really seeing results with changing my diet and exercising.

It's terrible how our bodies get older and it's harder to maintain weight. I don't know that you have to stop the things you love altogether, but keep them in moderation. I love Indian food as well! There is some Indian food out there that is good for you. Dahl is really good, and there are ways to fix it to fit into whichever diet you choose. It might be best to step back on these things until your metabolism can handle burning them off. I'm cutting carbs because it's a major weakness for me. Am I always going to be as low carb as I am now? Probably not, but I need my body to be able to handle the carbs better.

You know, gyms aren't for everyone. I was a member for years and could never get into going all the time. For me classes would be a much better fit. Unfortunately, I can't afford those either. Right now I'm doing 10 minute trainer, but I think it's a bit advanced for the beginner (ie me). Several of my friends swear by both Zumba and hot yoga. There are a lot of fitness plans on this site and I'm sure you can find something to fit into your schedule. There are also lots of videos out there you can buy. Try to find something you enjoy doing, because that will keep you coming back to it day after day. Good luck!

dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=My weaknesses are indian food and alcohol, I guess I will have to basically stop these now. [/QUOTE]

Hi and welcome I just want to say you can still enjoy Indian food! I have one a week I get chicken tikka and spinach bhaji then add my own cottage cheese it's so tasty and low calorie/high protein! Just an idea for you.

Alcohol? Yes you would be strongly advised to give that one up lol. I can go to the pub and order a cuppa easy they are used to me doing that now! I do have two drinks and then go into soft drinks weekends but its good to have a blow out every now and then like i did last friday! Good luck!
    Sometimes I feel like giving up....

Then I remember I have a lot of mother****ers to prove wrong!

ninarose will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninarose will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninarose will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninarose will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninarose will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninarose will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninarose will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninarose will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninarose will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninarose will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninarose will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi!
    There is so much information on this site and alot of people that know what they are doing and can help
    I agree with DuckGal that you have do something you like so that you stick with it. I have tried pole dancing. A group of us did it for fun and wow its not easy haha. I also like hot yoga and Zumba. Alot of places sometimes let you try classes. Try different ones and see what you like before committing. And if you cant afford a gym keep walking and work up to running.
    I also have a mostly vegitarian diet and actually is why i came to this site to start. A guy i worked with uses this site and recommended some protien products.
    Good luck with everything!!