Karateka184 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Incline, decline, and regular bench press

I was wondering if it was a good idea to do regular bench press, incline press and decline bench press all on the same day and if It is a good idea should I do them in that order? Or do you guys think its too much on a chest day to do all of them and I should just put decline on a separate day?

AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Karateka184 View Post
    I was wondering if it was a good idea to do regular bench press, incline press and decline bench press all on the same day and if It is a good idea should I do them in that order? Or do you guys think its too much on a chest day to do all of them and I should just put decline on a separate day?
    I got my incline/decline bench just over a month ago and so far have always done flat first and incline second on the same day. Made some real gains since doing this. As for decline. I've come across a lot of differing opinions just when it comes to the exercise alone and whether it's worth it. There's a common enough opinion I've come across that while there are distinct upper and lower chest muscle fibers lower chest not so much. And to be fair I've found that when decline benching I can feel I'm exercising much of the same muscles I was exercising before when flat benching. But I still often do decline after flat/incline because it's good for fresh neural stimulation.

Of course I'm sure you can split em mixed with different exercises and still get solid results, everybody is different. But since I don't I'd leave that kind of advice to someone with experience who does. If you do em same day, make sure you've got a spotter and keep it basic to begin with. Start with heavy flat, lower for incline and light on decline.
    ~224 days in ~ (12/05/13)

SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It depends how you want to work your chest. Some people do Incline(as it's hardest), then flat, then a few sets decline - All on the same day.

Some people do Incline and flat on the same day, then when they do chest next they do decline bench.

I personally, do Incline and flat on the same day, and then the next time do decline.

Personal preference really. What ever works for you.

Speaking on bench makes me want to workout right now!!! haha.

SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Depend on how advanced you are, 6'2 173 i'd say stick to a beginner program a simple compound exercise like flat bench will deliver you the pec growth you need for now as long as u stick to it
    note that at earlier stages of training different variations will not have any significant effect.

now back to your question it is fine to do them all in one day just again wont be useful for u.
    MUST READ about back development : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151735043

MUST READ about shoulders development : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151861353

Registered User miamibodybuilder's Avatar
    miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    well you can definitely do them all in one workout but i wouldnt do declines every single week. i like doing declines every other week just because the lower portion of my chest grows easier and faster than my upper. therefore, i focus more on inclines and flats. i do incline with db's, hammer strength and incline flyes, and then i'll do barbell presses, hammer strength flat, and cable crossovers. but like i said i do focus more on inclines and every other week i'll hit the decline barbell presses.
    NGA Natural bodybuilder
    AAEFX Board Rep
    Team Natural Freak