jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000)

Did I do good? - Powerblock Dumbbells

Just bought the Powerblock Sport 9.0 dumbbells off of Craigslist. They adjustable 5lbs to 90lbs and so far I absolutely love them better than my Ironmasters(the ironmasters are just too slow to change in/out in my opinion),

I paid $350 with the large column stand. I had to drive 2 hours but other than that think I got a great deal.

Retail on the Powerblock website its was looking at over $850 with shipping, but no idea what they go for used. So my question is, did I make a smart purchase?
    ---------------------------------------
    "Fast is not fast enough, strong is not strong enough."
    ----------------------------------------

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tree fiddy!?! Was the seller about eight stories tall and a crustacean from the Paleozoic era?

Originally Posted by jamesovercome View Post
    Just bought the Powerblock Sport 9.0 dumbbells off of Craigslist. They adjustable 5lbs to 90lbs and so far I absolutely love them better than my Ironmasters(the ironmasters are just too slow to change in/out in my opinion),

I paid $350 with the large column stand. I had to drive 2 hours but other than that think I got a great deal.

Retail on the Powerblock website its was looking at over $850 with shipping, but no idea what they go for used. So my question is, did I make a smart purchase?
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Same experience here. For most dumbbell exercises I prefer Powerblocks as they are true adjustable dumbbells. I upgraded my Powerblock Elite dbs to 130 lbs. I like using Ironmaster dumbbells for presses.

I think you did good, especially considering that PBs don't come with a stand.

maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I had a set of the Spot 9.0's with out any upgrades that I bought new for 348 and sold them 8 months later for $240 in Canada so I'd say you did pretty good.

irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had a set that I bought for 150 and then sold for 350. No stand though, I think you did well.

iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think that you got a really good deal for a fantastic product. If I didn't have pro style dumbells I would of gone for those without a doubt.

Considering that kit over here is £550-650 new at that weight you got a fantastic deal. And that price is without the stand!!!

jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks guys, i've been waiting to get my hands on some Powerblock 90lb dumbbells for awhile now. Looks like i'll be selling my old Ironmasters and 5-50lb Powerblock Dumbbells now.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Did I do good, daddy?

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks guys, i've been waiting to get my hands on some Powerblock 90lb dumbbells for awhile now. Looks like i'll be selling my old Ironmasters and 5-50lb Powerblock Dumbbells now.
    Having more than one is nice. You might think hard about whether or not you actually want to sell the others. I just bought the 50lb urethane PowerBlocks and I already had the 120lb Ironmasters.

In my opinion the U-50s are better for 5-50 lbs even compared to the U-90s because you make normal 5 pound jumps without messing with the adder weights. The time to change weight is not that different than the time spent walking over to the 5-50 dumbbell rack, returning the weights and picking up heavier dumbbells.

Some of the Powerblock 50s, like the U-50s, also have adder weights. They aren't necessary for normal 5 lb jumps but you can use them to microload with 2.5 lb increments. That's a huge bonus, in my opinion.

I have the 120 lb Ironmasters for heavier weights. They were more affordable for me than the urethane U-90s or the XXL Powerblocks. I bought both of my sets from Craigslist.

Last edited by morebarbell; 02-02-2013 at 07:58 AM.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by morebarbell View Post
    I have the 120 lb Ironmasters for heavier weights. They were more affordable for me than the urethane U-90s or the XXL Powerblocks. I bought both of my sets from Craigslist.

Didn't know and never tried to put Ironmaster dumbbells on the rack like that. Will try now.

Originally Posted by Jetigen View Post
    Didn't know and never tried to put Ironmaster dumbbells on the rack like that. Will try now.
    That photo is actually from the CL sale. I have the stand rotated the other direction at home. ...I borrowed the PB photo from the CL sale also.

I do wish the top of the stand was a little bigger since the dumbbells are a tight fit even in the correct orientation. Since I have two sets of dumbbells now, I might buy a table for both dumbbells and tuck the stand underneath it so that the plates are easily accessible.

I might not have to sell any of my other dumbbells; there are advantages to having 3 pairs of adjustable ones.

The older ironmaster dumbbells are an absolute pain to change in/out HOWEVER I can buy the upgrade kit on their website in the discontinued section for $200 bucks and that will give me 120lb dumbbells(which I will never need BUT I may need 100lbs). I can do the dumbbell pullovers with ironmasters, not so much with Powerblocks.

morebarbell: the 5 pound jump without pissing with the adder weights is pretty nice, almost makes me wish they had the 5-50lb dumbbells and then a special version that was 50lb to 100lb in 5 pound jumps haha(which I thought about buying another pair of 90's and just leaving the adder weights out :-) )

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what are those dumbbells on the floor by the ironmaster stand? looks like ironmaster plates but a spinlock???
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

I might not have to sell any of my other dumbbells; there are advantages to having 3 pairs of adjustable ones.

The older ironmaster dumbbells are an absolute pain to change in/out HOWEVER I can buy the upgrade kit on their website in the discontinued section for $200 bucks and that will give me 120lb dumbbells(which I will never need BUT I may need 100lbs). I can do the dumbbell pullovers with ironmasters, not so much with Powerblocks.

morebarbell: the 5 pound jump without pissing with the adder weights is pretty nice, almost makes me wish they had the 5-50lb dumbbells and then a special version that was 50lb to 100lb in 5 pound jumps haha(which I thought about buying another pair of 90's and just leaving the adder weights out :-) )
    I thought the same thing about the 50-100. They sold a "Heavy Handle" for one of their 5-50 dumbbells. I think it was the Sport 5 but I don't remember. It weighed 20 lbs, boosting the total weight to 60 lbs. I'm not sure if they could increase the weight of the handle any further... maybe if it was solid steel--that would be cool! Switching the handles between two sets is a good idea. It might also be cheaper than the club sets which have two sets of handles.

Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    what are those dumbbells on the floor by the ironmaster stand? looks like ironmaster plates but a spinlock???
    They are spinlock handles. The stuff was in a storage unit and he stored the plates on handles so that they were easy to move (easier than moving two 120 lb dumbbells). I'm not sure if he used the plates on the standard bars. I got a bunch of standard weights and bars as well as the Ironmaster dumbbells, super bench, pullup attachment, dip attachment and crunch attachment. I flipped the extras but the Ironmaster plates fit the standard bars. I did use the Ironmaster plates with spinlock handles for light stuff. It cut down on the time changing plates. It's much better having two sets of dumbbells. Before I had the Ironmasters, I used two sets of spinlocks to minimize the time spent changing plates. That actually worked fine and is probably all that I needed but its more enjoyable to use the U-50s and IM 120s.

I also have a few York roundhead and globe dumbbells. I probably won't be buying any more dumbbells unless I move to a bigger place and fall into a really good deal on a full rack of the Yorks... or Ivankos.

I thinking true happiness for me is having 2 sets of Powerblocks -90's and one set of Ironmaster for everything over 90lbs; that might be good enough :-)