nullbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nullbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nullbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nullbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nullbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nullbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nullbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hungry = Caloric deficit?

Okay guys. I get about 3000 cals a day and i still feel hungry before i go to bed. Does this mean i am in caloric deficit?

MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No, it means you're hungry.

At the Nutrition Section BroFoods's Avatar
    BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No, but you will definitely feel hungry while cutting.

nullbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nullbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nullbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nullbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nullbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nullbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nullbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What about when bulking?

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nullbee View Post
    What about when bulking?
    It means nothing

nojennyno will become famous soon enough. (+50) nojennyno will become famous soon enough. (+50) nojennyno will become famous soon enough. (+50) nojennyno will become famous soon enough. (+50) nojennyno will become famous soon enough. (+50) nojennyno will become famous soon enough. (+50) nojennyno will become famous soon enough. (+50) nojennyno will become famous soon enough. (+50) nojennyno will become famous soon enough. (+50) nojennyno will become famous soon enough. (+50) nojennyno will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hunger is not a caloric deficit, it's your brain's reaction to certain chemicals you put into your body. I don't know the exact science behind it - only what my trainer tells me - but fast sugar can trigger glucose/insulin levels to drop, therefore making you hungry. Nothing to do with how much food you put into your body.

For example, my training partner ate 3000 calories worth of nutella pancakes at breakfast out of anger; he usually consumes 2200cal a day. Three hours later, he felt hungry again, not because he was low on calories but because his brain felt the sugar level drop.

So long story short don't listen to your brain.
    Always on the go, no regrets.
    Currently jetsetting off to a different country every week.

My adventures in heels:
    http://nojennyno.blogspot.com

Well I don`t eat any foods that are that high in GI. I keep my blood sugar level steady as far as i am concerned. I guess it is my metabolism. I guess it just is ridiculously fast.

befit46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) befit46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) befit46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) befit46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) befit46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) befit46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) befit46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) befit46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) befit46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) befit46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) befit46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nojennyno that makes a lot of sense, I have noticed this after eating higher carb meals vs. high protein meals.

dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by nojennyno View Post
    Hunger is not a caloric deficit, it's your brain's reaction to certain chemicals you put into your body. I don't know the exact science behind it - only what my trainer tells me - but fast sugar can trigger glucose/insulin levels to drop, therefore making you hungry. Nothing to do with how much food you put into your body.

For example, my training partner ate 3000 calories worth of nutella pancakes at breakfast out of anger; he usually consumes 2200cal a day. Three hours later, he felt hungry again, not because he was low on calories but because his brain felt the sugar level drop.

So long story short don't listen to your brain.
    You don't know the science, you just blindly follow somebody else's lead and advocate not listening to your own brain... Hmmm.

You also state that your hunger levels have NOTHING to do with how much food you put in your body... I'm no scientist, but I have had enough food in my time to come to the conclusion that what you said might be a smidge wrong.

And your training partner ate Nutella pancakes "out of anger"? Is he a teddy bear?
    04-09 usmc
    07-08 Operation Iraqi Freedom
    MWSB 372

For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat 4.

nojennyno will become famous soon enough. (+50) nojennyno will become famous soon enough. (+50) nojennyno will become famous soon enough. (+50) nojennyno will become famous soon enough. (+50) nojennyno will become famous soon enough. (+50) nojennyno will become famous soon enough. (+50) nojennyno will become famous soon enough. (+50) nojennyno will become famous soon enough. (+50) nojennyno will become famous soon enough. (+50) nojennyno will become famous soon enough. (+50) nojennyno will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dimmupelto View Post
    You don't know the science, you just blindly follow somebody else's lead and advocate not listening to your own brain... Hmmm.

You also state that your hunger levels have NOTHING to do with how much food you put in your body... I'm no scientist, but I have had enough food in my time to come to the conclusion that what you said might be a smidge wrong.

And your training partner ate Nutella pancakes "out of anger"? Is he a teddy bear?
    Well if you're no scientist then you have 0 argument against my case. However, you're welcome to argue your completely unsupported idea with my trainer who is a retired pro MMA fighter and spent years in college to get an actual fitness/nutritional degree.

No offense taken; not from idiots.

My adventures in heels:

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Insulin is an appetite supressive hormone. However, in some people, a sharp rise in glucose causes an insulin overreaction, once it has dispersed, it can leave blood sugar on the low side which is the trigger to appetite. Also, just from personal experience, strongly flavoured foods (usually sweet / salty) have a much more profound affect on appetite than actual calorie content.

Originally Posted by befit46 View Post
    Nojennyno that makes a lot of sense, I have noticed this after eating higher carb meals vs. high protein meals.
    Yeah, higher carbs could possibly be related to your glucose/insulin levels. Although complex carbs have less effect, I believe.

My adventures in heels:

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    ... don't listen to your brain.
    Apparently, some posters here are better at this than others.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well if you're no scientist then you have 0 argument against my case. However, you're welcome to argue your completely unsupported idea with my trainer who is a retired pro MMA fighter and spent years in college to get an actual fitness/nutritional degree.

No offense taken; not from idiots.
    Wait, so since I'm not a scientist my ideas aren't valid, but you and your trainer aren't scientists as well and yours ARE valid? There's way too much derpage in your posts.
    04-09 usmc
    MWSB 372

Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Be careful of what you think is hunger. Sometimes when you're just really thirsty, you experience the same sensation as you do when you're hungry. This often leads to overeating. If you feel hungry, drink some water. If you're stomach is rumbling, then your body does actually need food.

Originally Posted by dimmupelto View Post
    Wait, so since I'm not a scientist my ideas aren't valid, but you and your trainer aren't scientists as well and yours ARE valid? There's way too much derpage in your posts.
    Where in my post did I ever say anything about validation? All I did was offer you the chance to argue with someone who actually has an education.

But seeing that you use the word 'derpage' in your arguments past the age of 15 and your inability to form a grammatically correct sentence...

My adventures in heels:

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Where in my post did I ever say anything about validation? All I did was offer you the chance to argue with someone who actually has an education.

But seeing that you use the word 'derpage' in your arguments past the age of 15 and your inability to form a grammatically correct sentence...
    I wouldn't call a fitness trainer an education

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    I wouldn't call a fitness trainer an education
    Ah she's just trying to exert her mental superiority through insults. Obvious troll.

And come on now, he's not JUST a fitness trainer... He's a "retired pro mma fighter" and spent YEARS learning how to a fitness/nutrition trainer. So... Legit and all
    04-09 usmc
    MWSB 372

CFormish is on a distinguished road. (+10) CFormish is on a distinguished road. (+10) CFormish is on a distinguished road. (+10) CFormish is on a distinguished road. (+10) CFormish is on a distinguished road. (+10) CFormish is on a distinguished road. (+10) CFormish is on a distinguished road. (+10) CFormish is on a distinguished road. (+10) CFormish is on a distinguished road. (+10) CFormish is on a distinguished road. (+10) CFormish is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I tend to experience hunger when I have an unusually larger meal than normal. For the most part I keep my daily caloric intake roughly the same, and try to keep portions the same each for each respective meal of the day. For example I try to stay close in macros and portions everyday. But occasionally when I am invited to a party or go out to dinner and I eat a lot more than usual, while I feel very full at the moment for eating more than usual I often feel unusually more hungry the next morning.

Does anyone else experience this? I am not a scientist by any means so I can't formally explain it. One idea I have is just that my digestive system just goes into high gear trying to digest more food than normal and the result is I'm more hungry later? Like I said sorry I can't explain it better, just wondering if anyone else can.