Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Strength & Flexibility

I need a program or group of workouts ( i can put them together myself if you just throw them out there) that has a direct focus on strength and flexiblity.

I train for Muay Thai/JKD/BJJ and would like to increase my functional power while maintaining (and hopefully expanding) my flexibility. Currently my workout is

Wake up
    Take 2 Applied Neutriceuticals Drive capsules
    3 Orange Triad + 2 Orange Oximega Fish oil
    Half a scoop of Assault

>Then a 2-3 mile run to the gym followed by

3x5 Squats
    3x5 Military Press
    3x 30 seconds of jump/box squats
    1x5 Deadlifts

Then in the evening:
    1.15 hours of Muay Thai or JKD
    followed by
    1.15 Hours of Muay Thai Sparring / BJJ rolling

I would like to increase the explosiveness of my leg movements as well.

Any general tips?
    Thanks
    “No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
    -Socrates

Follow my animal rage log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136829743

DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How often do you practice?

IMO, Greyskull with the reduced frequency of the higher stress lower body lifts is your best bet. You can add in plyometrics and box jumps if you want.

And just stretch often. There's no special flexibility secret other than doing full ROM lifts and stretching. Stretch after workouts (before could hurt your strength for that workout) and before bed, and any other time if you want. And after your Muay Thai stuff too.

Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DetMatthews View Post
    How often do you practice?

IMO, Greyskull with the reduced frequency of the higher stress lower body lifts is your best bet. You can add in plyometrics and box jumps if you want.

And just stretch often. There's no special flexibility secret other than doing full ROM lifts and stretching. Stretch after workouts (before could hurt your strength for that workout) and before bed, and any other time if you want. And after your Muay Thai stuff too.
    Practice 5 days a week, and alright thanks i'll check out greyskull
    “No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
    -Socrates

DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dude you must be a machine. Either that or your practices must be really easy lol. Don't lift more than 3x a week (may even consider 2x a week given your workload).

If you can handle it, keep it up, but in your situation I'd be trying to reduce my workouts so that I could have more energy for practices. Like cycling to the gym instead of running, lifting hard twice a week, and definitely sitting on my ass all weekend if nothing else.

Originally Posted by DetMatthews View Post
    Dude you must be a machine. Either that or your practices must be really easy lol. Don't lift more than 3x a week (may even consider 2x a week given your workload).

If you can handle it, keep it up, but in your situation I'd be trying to reduce my workouts so that I could have more energy for practices. Like cycling to the gym instead of running, lifting hard twice a week, and definitely sitting on my ass all weekend if nothing else.
    Haha i have been considering cutting down on my lifting in order ot have energy for sparring and whatnot. I will probably go down to 2-3x a week, don't want to end up overtraining
    -Socrates

bump
    -Socrates