cazador83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The basic supplements

Ok so I'm a newb to all this.. and yes, I know diet is the #1 most important thing, but hear me out. Every article I seem to read has the "top 5 basic supplements," and every single article has different ones! (Well, most include protein and creatine, but that's about it.)

From various articles (most on bodybuilding.com) I've learned that everyone needs:

whey protein
    creatine
    multi-vitamin
    fish oil
    zma
    nitric oxide
    bcaa
    glutamine

Would this be overkill? Or is it totally normal to use all of these together? For added info, I'm mostly skinny, but have some belly fat I need to get rid of. I'm just trying to figure out what is needed once the diet is nailed down! Thanks for any insight!

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Food
    a good work out routine
    creatine
    a multi
    fish oil
    protein
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

cory2731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cory2731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cory2731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cory2731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cory2731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cory2731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cory2731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cory2731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cory2731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cory2731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cory2731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    needed...none. if you have your heart set on getting some supps id go with multi, fish oil, and whey. the rest you can add as you gain experience and knowledge

ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mtpaquette View Post
    Food
    a good work out routine
    creatine
    a multi
    fish oil
    protein
    I agree with mtpaquette. Once you get the nutrition and routine down as well as these basics, then I'd look into others like PREs and such. If you start off taking everything at once you will have no way of knowing how or even if the various supps will benefit you. Keep it simple and add in the others gradually to know what works for you.
    Paternus Deus, Humana Fraternitas

COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz
    Food
    a good work out routine
    creatine
    a multi
    fish oil
    protein
    You got that right!

julian17marth is on a distinguished road. (+10) julian17marth is on a distinguished road. (+10) julian17marth is on a distinguished road. (+10) julian17marth is on a distinguished road. (+10) julian17marth is on a distinguished road. (+10) julian17marth is on a distinguished road. (+10) julian17marth is on a distinguished road. (+10) julian17marth is on a distinguished road. (+10) julian17marth is on a distinguished road. (+10) julian17marth is on a distinguished road. (+10) julian17marth is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by cazador83 View Post
    Ok so I'm a newb to all this.. and yes, I know diet is the #1 most important thing, but hear me out. Every article I seem to read has the "top 5 basic supplements," and every single article has different ones! (Well, most include protein and creatine, but that's about it.)

From various articles (most on bodybuilding.com) I've learned that everyone needs:

whey protein
    creatine
    multi-vitamin
    fish oil
    zma
    nitric oxide
    bcaa
    glutamine

Would this be overkill? Or is it totally normal to use all of these together? For added info, I'm mostly skinny, but have some belly fat I need to get rid of. I'm just trying to figure out what is needed once the diet is nailed down! Thanks for any insight!
    Ya I wouldnt get all of them at once just slowly add them, and supplements arent a magic pill or anything they just aid in what your trying to accomplish, the rest takes hard work lots of time and staying dedicated

My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    whey, creatine, multi, fish oil, and beta alanine would be my top 5.
    Team Beyond Fitness - http://********.com/beyondfitnessofficial
    For coaching, send me a personal message!

MrM4Genomyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrM4Genomyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrM4Genomyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrM4Genomyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrM4Genomyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrM4Genomyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrM4Genomyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrM4Genomyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrM4Genomyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrM4Genomyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrM4Genomyx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Give recording calories a shot. Pick a goal if I understood correctly you are mostly skinny with belly fat.

I would suggest to do what most call "clean bulk" it's really eating a lot of food but all healthy (in lamens terms). Putting muscle on your frame will increase your daily calorie expenditure which may indirectly help the belly fat (you can lose it later and the calories burned from the extra muscle will assist with that).

Getting rid of fat or gaining muscle is your decision. I made a suggestion but it comes down to what's important to you. Pick your goals.

Stick with a quality protein to learn the ropes. Get as far as you can that way. Once you figure how your body works and make decent gains then look more into supplements.

cazador83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys. Awesome advice here.

All weights were lifted gallagnm's Avatar
    gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Food
    a good work out routine
    creatine
    a multi
    fish oil
    protein
    another vote for this.
    Personal Journal (ISSA-SSC, AFAA-CGFI, SPT)
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175995851