NerosTail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Assisted power tower for basement?

Hello world.

I need a power tower for dips,vertical knee raises, polyps pullups, etc. It needs to fit in my basement, which has a ceiling of about 88" - 90" tall.

I also need it to have some sort of assistance because I'm too fat to do them on my own, and I'm not getting any younger.

I saw a Weider that had a folding seat that you could sit/kneel on and attach resistance bands to assist with pullups/dips. The problem is it was 82" tall if I remember correctly. So I would need something a little shorter to fit in my basement.

Does such a unit exist? Or is there a company that could make one for me on the cheap?

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    The big question is do you want just a pull-up station or are you going to want a full basement gym?

As for assistance doing pull-ups these will help:

http://www.ironwoodyfitness.com/equi...package-2.html
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    The big question is do you want just a pull-up station or are you going to want a full basement gym?

As for assistance doing pull-ups these will help:

http://www.ironwoodyfitness.com/equi...package-2.html
    I use bands like these for assisted pullups / chins all the time. You really only would need a "light" band and at most an "average" band. The black thick bands which I think are referred to as heavy bands (I've always referred to them as thicks) are really overkill. At about 56" stretched they put out about 110 lbs of force. Unless you are really heavy you shouldn't need this one.

A lot of companies make these bands though and some are cheaper than other. Just make sure they are layered latex or rubber. This layering prevents them from snapping like those cheap tubing bands you can buy at your local sporting goods store.

Keep your eye on craigslist for a power tower / assisted power tower. I see them all the time go from 70-200 depending if it's assisted or not.

NerosTail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How do those bands work? Do they connect to your waist somehow and then connect to the pull up bar or something?

I need whole power tower. I actually have one, but it's too tall to fit in my basement. It only leaves a few inches between the pull up bar and the ceiling. So I need a shorter one.

I hadn't seen those bands yet though. I'll have to look around for some. Thanks!

LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NerosTail View Post
    How do those bands work? Do they connect to your waist somehow and then connect to the pull up bar or something?

I need whole power tower. I actually have one, but it's too tall to fit in my basement. It only leaves a few inches between the pull up bar and the ceiling. So I need a shorter one.

I hadn't seen those bands yet though. I'll have to look around for some. Thanks!
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/4ljicLmStyg

End of the video is an example of band assisted pullups. I would just get a doorway pullup bar and then a dip stand. Same functionality but requires less space and height. Just a quick google I found a pair of dip handles that attach to door mounted pullup bars for 40 bucks. The door mounted pullup bar goes for like 20 dollars tops. That's a lot cheaper and space efficient than most used power towers.

In terms of finding a power tower that's short enough, I think it's pretty hit or miss on the used market. Just have to google common towers and try to find models that fit your height restriction.

Worst case scenario you could also do knee raises while hanging from a pullup bar, you would get a stronger grip out of it as well.