danjames123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Miami Pro 6/10/13

Im going to be doing my first competition this year, im in reasonable shape around 10%bf so no-where near stage ready.

Im thinking about doing my training split something along the lines of:
    Jan-April: Cut
    April-July: Lean bulk
    August-Oct: Contest Prep

Has anyone got any thoughts or reccomendations they would like to add?
    I could also do with some nutrition advice or somewhere i could get some.

Thanks in advance.

AESTHETIC BEASTMODE Keyboardsmasher's Avatar
    Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Epic cut from 416
    Get shredded or die tryin.. face down ass up.

Originally Posted by Keyboardsmasher View Post
    Epic cut from 416
    Sorry dude i don't get that.

gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sorry, contest nooby here, but can you tell me the name of the competition?

tominmk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tominmk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tominmk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tominmk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tominmk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tominmk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tominmk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tominmk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi mate,

I'm also thinking about this! Which category are you thinking off? If you're going for the fitness over bodybuilding style I wouldn't really go for much of a bulk as such. Could go against you in the judging! What are your stats at the minute?
    Time to shred!
    Gaspari SuperDrive
    USP Modern BCAA
    Animal Uni-Vite
    Gold Standard

Originally Posted by tominmk View Post
    Hi mate,

I'm also thinking about this! Which category are you thinking off? If you're going for the fitness over bodybuilding style I wouldn't really go for much of a bulk as such. Could go against you in the judging! What are your stats at the minute?
    Going for fitness model over 75kg. Im not going to bulk that much as im big enough now but when i start cutting on monday i know that im not going to be as big so just going to try and pack on few extra kg.

stats:
    height 5'6
    weight 86?
    around 10-13% but not going to measure untill monday.

if you do enter would we be able to compare diet and training as im new to comps?

Reza21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reza21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reza21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reza21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reza21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reza21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reza21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reza21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reza21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reza21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reza21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by danjames123 View Post
    Going for fitness model over 75kg. Im not going to bulk that much as im big enough now but when i start cutting on monday i know that im not going to be as big so just going to try and pack on few extra kg.

stats:
    height 5'6
    weight 86?
    around 10-13% but not going to measure untill monday.

if you do enter would we be able to compare diet and training as im new to comps?
    hi bro, i'm in the same category...starting 7 month cut at the end of the month...gonna killll me

Originally Posted by Reza21 View Post
    hi bro, i'm in the same category...starting 7 month cut at the end of the month...gonna killll me
    your doing a 7 month cut? how much excess weight are you holding?

MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im going to be doing my first competition this year, im in reasonable shape around 10%bf so no-where near stage ready.

Thanks in advance.
    Hey dude, I'm thinkin bout the same thing. It'll be my first comp too. Not sure of the specifics & whether I should do fitness vs bodybuilding but I'm gonna let my progress dictate where I land.

I'm doin:

Clean bulk - Oct thru April/May (only another 5ish pounds to go so I may start cutting sooner).
    Cut - April/May thru August
    Contest Prep - August thru Oct (roughly 12 to 15 weeks depending on how the cut goes).

You look like you're naturally pretty lean (I am too), have you tried a cut before to see how your body reacts? It may be helpful to guide your plan.

Reza21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reza21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reza21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reza21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reza21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reza21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reza21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reza21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reza21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reza21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reza21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    no idea, wanna get to around 190 where i'll hopefully be 10%....doing a very slow cut so i don't lose too much muscle

edit - failed quote of peace

That's the arm I fap with Critter5592's Avatar
    Critter5592 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Critter5592 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Critter5592 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Critter5592 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Critter5592 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Critter5592 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Critter5592 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Critter5592 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Critter5592 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Critter5592 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Critter5592 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    no idea, wanna get to around 190 where i'll hopefully be 10%....doing a very slow cut so i don't lose too much muscle

edit - failed quote of peace
    7 months would definitely be ideal for you, lose a 1-2 lb a week which would end up being right around the 30 lbs you want.

Originally Posted by MDGCT View Post
    Hey dude, I'm thinkin bout the same thing. It'll be my first comp too. Not sure of the specifics & whether I should do fitness vs bodybuilding but I'm gonna let my progress dictate where I land.

I'm doin:

Clean bulk - Oct thru April/May (only another 5ish pounds to go so I may start cutting sooner).
    Cut - April/May thru August
    Contest Prep - August thru Oct (roughly 12 to 15 weeks depending on how the cut goes).

You look like you're naturally pretty lean (I am too), have you tried a cut before to see how your body reacts? It may be helpful to guide your plan.
    Thanks bro, Nah never done a cut before but I'm getting a nutritionist to do me a 12 week cutting food plan. Bulk I'll be ok with.

Have you done any comps before?

Thanks in advance.
    have you paid?/ I paid through paypal and got confirmation from paypal, but nothing from miami pro?

have you paid?/ I paid through paypal and got confirmation from paypal, but nothing from miami pro?
    Yeah man ive had a confirmation email through from them, might want to check your spam box, thats where mine ended up

samgilbert90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samgilbert90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samgilbert90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samgilbert90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samgilbert90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks in advance.
    Hi mate,

I'm going to register for Miami Pro in Oct too, in the fitness model under 75 kg category. My time planning is exactly what you mentioned doing, I've been cutting since January and the plan is the start a 12 week bulk from 22 April-15 July to focus on parts I feel I need to bring up, and then cut again from 15 July until the show which will be 11 weeks. Feeling pretty excited about it tbh, it'll be my first time on stage so looking forward to the challenge and having a goal to work towards!

How's your preparation going mate?