hendu4672 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Calrie cycling - Gaining Muscle and Losing Fat (I know, impossible)

I'm a begginer/intermediate lifter that needs to loose some belly fat. Let me know your thoughts on this idea. I've read a few things in calorie cycling but most of it is pretty vague.

Can you sufficiently feed your muscles on lifting days but cut back on off days? Example - eating high calories (3000+) on lifting days but then do a serious cutback (1500 or less)on non-lifting days? The theory being to have an overall calorie deficit while still feeding the muscles.

I'm starting a new diet/lifting routine/supplement cycle next week and I'm wondering if it's worth a try.

jakefurfaro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jakefurfaro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jakefurfaro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jakefurfaro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jakefurfaro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jakefurfaro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jakefurfaro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jakefurfaro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jakefurfaro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jakefurfaro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jakefurfaro is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sounds like you will be spinning your wheels to me. Being a beginner/intermediate at a higher body fat (15%ish^) create a 20% calorie deficit, hit your macros, and lift HEAVY and you will see positive changes.

Don't wheel spin.
    "If you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, THEN you'll be successful"