Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by purdey View Post
    We all know you hate arnold, is it because you're 5'6? I negged you coz you spew nonsense
    I do not "hate" Arnold. I have repeatedly stated that he was a great bodybuilder and a great representer for the sport. I have said 2 things about him. 1) he was not a better bodybuilder than Sergio. Being a poster boy for the powers to be does help quite a bit. 2) 1980 Olympia was a joke and Arnold should not have won.....pure and simple. Way too many reasons for this.
    I find it humorous that if anybody says anything negative in nature about Arnold people get all pissy. Like it is a sin. Give me a break. Arnold had weak legs.....true. Legs were not very looked upon at shows back then....true. Chest and biceps were great bodyparts on him....true. His delts lagged in comparison to his chest.....true. The man had flaws.
    I really have no idea why being 5'6" means anything? I mean, is that supposed to upset me? lol. Looks like you are 2" taller than me.....is that funny too?

sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by sexnews View Post
    Arnold is smoked in that comparison. Sorry.

Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by trulyhuge1 View Post
    Way too many reasons for this.
    Actually, from what i recall, theres just one. Someone that was at the contest told you that the 80 O was a joke. You ignore every pic and video and just stick to what someone told you. Hope my memory isn't failing me, but that is what i remember from the latest 80 olympia thread.

Independently of what arnold would look today, i would bet big bucks saying we have already seen better, even excluding coleman. His waist would be a big issue if he ever got to a modern dominant competitive weight. Ronnie was far more genetically superior waistwise and we all know what happened when he pushed the boundaries of human development.

Originally Posted by Unbiasedfan View Post
    Actually, from what i recall, theres just one. Someone that was at the contest told you that the 80 O was a joke. You ignore every pic and video and just stick to what someone told you. Hope my memory isn't failing me, but that is what i remember from the latest 80 olympia thread.

Independently of what arnold would look today, i would bet big bucks saying we have already seen better, even excluding coleman. His waist would be a big issue if he ever got to a modern dominant competitive weight. Ronnie was far more genetically superior waistwise and we all know what happened when he pushed the boundaries of human development.
    That is one of MANY things that I base my strong opinion on. There are numerous. To name a few....
    1) judging panel were some of Arnold's friends. Very convenient!
    2) entered the show late and should not have even been allowed to compete. But, since he was Arnold.....they let him in.
    3) He was very stringy......legs were poor. I could see Dickerson winning that show.....amongst others.

Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That is one of MANY things that I base my strong opinion on. There are numerous. To name a few....
    1) judging panel were some of Arnold's friends. Very convenient!
    2) entered the show late and should not have even been allowed to compete. But, since he was Arnold.....they let him in.
    3) He was very stringy......legs were poor. I could see Dickerson winning that show.....amongst others.
    Was tempted to argue but i will control myself because one, i wouldn't say anything that you haven't heard, and two it would be offtopic.

Was tempted to argue but i will control myself because one, i wouldn't say anything that you haven't heard, and two it would be offtopic.
    You can say whatever......really. Just like you and your positive opinion on Arnold's legacy, I share the polar opposite due to what I feel are factors that were in his favor. I am not and have never dismissed the fact that he was awesome for his day.....never have.

You can say whatever......really. Just like you and your positive opinion on Arnold's legacy, I share the polar opposite due to what I feel are factors that were in his favor. I am not and have never dismissed the fact that he was awesome for his day.....never have.
    You don't share the polar opposite of me. From what i see you share the polar opposite of an arnold youtube fanboy who thinks he had a better physique than coleman. When it comes to arnold i am in no way an extremist. I can very much appreciate what he has done for the spread of fitness culture, i can very much appreciate the fact that he stood true to himself by being involved in bodybuilding for his entire life, but in no way does that affect my assessment of his physique. Nothing, from his personality and charisma to his success to his movies roles count when im looking at arnold from a bodybuilding standpoint. In no way do i feel he had the godly physique many claim.

4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Arnold was the Zyzz of his time.

trollface.flv
    Jesus wasn't a pacifist

You don't share the polar opposite of me. From what i see you share the polar opposite of an arnold youtube fanboy who thinks he had a better physique than coleman. When it comes to arnold i am in no way an extremist. I can very much appreciate what he has done for the spread of fitness culture, i can very much appreciate the fact that he stood true to himself by being involved in bodybuilding for his entire life, but in no way does that affect my assessment of his physique. Nothing, from his personality and charisma to his success to his movies roles count when im looking at arnold from a bodybuilding standpoint. In no way do i feel he had the godly physique many claim.
    I respect that.

jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Unbiasedfan, well written post. Anyone who thinks Arnie would have been successful in the 90s and beyond with the drugs of that time is completely lost. He lacked too many things, and he did have weak leg genetics. That statemnt means , Arnie could do whatever he wanted, he could still not have Gunter or Dillett legs. Arnie was great for his time, he was a poster boy for Weider, he had the face, the arms, the height and because of Arnie, bb exploded and more kids took it up as a hobby, The genetic pool exploded, the popularity became more mainstream. Where are all the black guys back then in the 60s and 70s?? BB was in its infancy, perhaps a 100 times smaller than the industry we have today. Arnie genetics are not near as good as many of you think. Had Arnie come on the scene today, he wouldnt feature at all. this is common sense and logic.

just a comparison, Arnie at 19 was already a big man, but he is only a European germanic genetic elite, but to show how worthless it is to compare him to mutants that appeared later on would jsut be an embarrasment on your part. Dillett at 19 years old, already had 21 inch calves, 21 arms at a waist under 30. And we all know how Dillett fared against the competition of his era. Much more superior speicimens appeared as the competition and popularity in bb increased.
    Last edited by jld010; 02-02-2013 at 12:12 PM.

JaxVilleNick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaxVilleNick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaxVilleNick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaxVilleNick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaxVilleNick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaxVilleNick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaxVilleNick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaxVilleNick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaxVilleNick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaxVilleNick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaxVilleNick has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    although i wouldn't say arnold has the greatest physique of all time, he had the best physique of his day. his proportions may not have been as insane as sergio but his size and conditioning beat him out when it counted most. also in his 1980 win he wasn't competing at his best and the field still lagged behind him, he was still the biggest man on stage and his condition was at his all time best.

Originally Posted by jld010 View Post
    Unbiasedfan, well written post. Anyone who thinks Arnie would have been successful in the 90s and beyond with the drugs of that time is completely lost. He lacked too many things, and he did have weak leg genetics. That statemnt means , Arnie could do whatever he wanted, he could still not have Gunter or Dillett legs. Arnie was great for his time, he was a poster boy for Weider, he had the face, the arms, the height and because of Arnie, bb exploded and more kids took it up as a hobby, The genetic pool exploded, the popularity became more mainstream. Where are all the black guys back then in the 60s and 70s?? BB was in its infancy, perhaps a 100 times smaller than the industry we have today. Arnie genetics are not near as good as many of you think. Had Arnie come on the scene today, he wouldnt feature at all. this is common sense and logic.

just a comparison, Arnie at 19 was already a big man, but he is only a European germanic genetic elite, but to show how worthless it is to compare him to mutants that appeared later on would jsut be an embarrasment on your part. Dillett at 19 years old, already had 21 inch calves, 21 arms at a waist under 30. And we all know how Dillett fared against the competition of his era. Much more superior speicimens appeared as the competition and popularity in bb increased.
    This should be framed. 100% agree with this. I respect Arnold........I am just not blinded or "awed" by him.

Originally Posted by Riflemancho View Post
    Something like Ronnie Coleman.
    That is quite a stretch

Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    and he did have weak leg genetics.
    What's with you and the fixation of genetics? How do you possibly guess what his genetics were and if he honestly gave it his all when it came to leg training?

From the outside it might appear that i'm being a dick to certain people, but grrr genetics, Dillet, inhuman, oh my god man 350inch calves...you do it all the time.
    People these days have more reps than brain cells

jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000) jld010 is just really nice. (+1000)
    This should be framed. 100% agree with this. I respect Arnold........I am just not blinded or "awed" by him.
    Im shocked that this has dragged, some kids on this thread have embarrassed themselves. If they cant process the fact that bb was a circus sideshow back then, look, i love Arnie, but this has nothign to do with all that. PPl on this thread need to apply themselves and stop spewing moronic garbage. Arnie jsut does come from strong enough stock to compete with the guys that filtered through to the top in the later eras.
    Last edited by jld010; 02-02-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Originally Posted by Groggery View Post
    What's with you and the fixation of genetics? How do you possibly guess what his genetics were and if he honestly gave it his all when it came to leg training?

From the outside it might appear that i'm being a dick to certain people, but grrr genetics, Dillet, inhuman, oh my god man 350inch calves...you do it all the time.
    Genetics are huge in bodybuilding. Arnold hit his legs HARD......and they lagged.

Originally Posted by Groggery View Post

because bb is all gentics, this is why u get guys at 27 years old already looking like gODS, AND OTHERS DO NOT. We not all born equal, respect nature. Arnies competitos always pointed out his legs as a big flaw and Arnie worked hard on his legs.

Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    because bb is all gentics
    Can i get 20 inch arms from curling a beer can? Nope? Better go home then, genetics not good enough. That is all.

masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Genetics are huge in bodybuilding. Arnold hit his legs HARD......and they lagged.
    You have to understand that the emphasis on quads/hams wasn't as important for judging criteria when Arnold was competing. The majority of bodybuilders in the 70's were top heavy, in fact they pretty much all were. There really wasn't anyone with a freaky set of legs until Tom Platz who pretty much redefined leg training.

Who knows what Arnold's quads/hams would have looked like had he focused on them as much as he did calves. I'm sure everyone who follows BBing knows how hard Arnold worked to bring his calves up.

While his legs were definitely behind his upper body, saying that Arnold had poor leg genetics is a bit of a stretch. He had solid insertions and good separation.

Instagram - @dan_evan1

If you're going to compare him to someone to see if he'd still be up there in the lineups, how about NOT choosing the previous Mr. O winners ya lumps...

Arnold claimed his quads responded the least to training, they were his hardest bodypart to develop. Do you think arnold was the kind of guy to half ass a bodypart so it doesn't get to big? cmon.

Originally Posted by masthead716 View Post
    You have to understand that the emphasis on quads/hams wasn't as important for judging criteria when Arnold was competing. The majority of bodybuilders in the 70's were top heavy, in fact they pretty much all were. There really wasn't anyone with a freaky set of legs until Tom Platz who pretty much redefined leg training.

Who knows what Arnold's quads/hams would have looked like had he focused on them as much as he did calves. I'm sure everyone who follows BBing knows how hard Arnold worked to bring his calves up.

While his legs were definitely behind his upper body, saying that Arnold had poor leg genetics is a bit of a stretch. He had solid insertions and good separation.

We have said over and over how legs didn't matter back then. Arnold did, however kill his legs. Just was a lagging bodypart. Chest and Biceps grew like weeds!

Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100)
    he would look like i am now
    watch them titties DANCE:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb7rClSNwqQ

82 yrs old, buffer than buff, reek of wisdom, sexual prowness second to none

RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SammyJr View Post
    lol, his waist wouldn't have stayed the same size. it was already bigger than average. honestly that pic looks like cedric lol
    You just made me look at Cedric from another angle, makes me notice how Cedric is actually fkn ''sickening''

flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What makes you think that? If so, why did they all have relatively small legs in comparison to their upper body, besides Platz? Did they all have crappy genetics back then in professional bodybuilding?

I'm not saying Arnold would be world's number 1 nowadays, but I highly doubt he trained his lower body as hard and frequently as he did his upper body. Same for all the other guys minus Platz.
    Sports Therapy- & Prevention Major - University of Potsdam
    Exercise Biology Major - University of California, Davis

Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach
    Nutritional Consultant

Originally Posted by flahexer View Post
    What makes you think that? If so, why did they all have relatively small legs in comparison to their upper body, besides Platz? Did they all have crappy genetics back then in professional bodybuilding?

I'm not saying Arnold would be world's number 1 nowadays, but I highly doubt he trained his lower body as hard and frequently as he did his upper body. Same for all the other guys minus Platz.
    Again, arnold said his quads were his hardest part to develop. He wouldn't say this if he didn't put at least as much effort on his quads as he did for everything else. If he didn't train them just as hard how would he know they were his hardest part to develop?

You expect me to believe that come leg day arnold would just relax and take it easy? that makes 0 sense, especially considering his apparent competitive personality.

MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by flahexer View Post

In his encyclopedia he says he trained his legs 3 times a week.
    The workouts he did look similar to what you would see today.
    I Discovered A Meal Between Breakfast And Brunch

flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You expect me to believe that come leg day arnold would just relax and take it easy? that makes 0 sense, especially considering his apparent competitive personality.
    No, I just don't believe that he trained them 3x per week, as he wrote in his books.

I could be wrong, but again: It's noticeable that they all had relatively weak legs back then. Seems to me like most of them didn't take the leg thing too seriously, most likely because the judges weren't very focused on them.
    Sports Therapy- & Prevention Major - University of Potsdam
    Exercise Biology Major - University of California, Davis

Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach
    Nutritional Consultant

lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Stupid arguments going on. If Arnys legs were weak so were all the competitions (excluding platz). They all had similar leg development apart from Oliva whose quads were only slightly better. That was the standard of the day. There is no telling what what he would looked like today. One thing we can safely assume is he would have been a big ****er and his height may have gone against him. As for waist, stomache, size potential, placings etc, thats up to the imagination. May aswell argue what Ronnie, Phil, Dorian or Jay would have looked like if they competed in the 70s. Apart from the fact that they had had great genetics so would have been big theres nothing else to say.