CJ792 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Supplement advice

Hi, i just started training and losing weight, and so far ive lost about 5-6 pounds in a couple weeks. At the moment im 225lbs and about 6'2". I have been working out (moderate intensity) 3 times a week and running 3 times a week on different days. Today i went to a local supplement store near my house and got something called Ripped Freak, im sure many of you know its a diet/energy supplement. I was only planning on buying that but one of the clerks there told me that if im going to take that i should also take a protein/multivitamin supplement. So i got one of each. I want to start taking the ripped freak supplement but i want to do so in a healthy way and prevent my body actually storing extra body fat due to lack of vitamins. I'm pretty new to this so any help would be appreciated. It tells me to take 1-2 capsules of the ripped freak daily, 2 scoops of the multivitamin powder and also 2 scoops of the whey iso burst. My only concern is that taking all of this at once is actually going to give me side effects such as reduced weight loss. Any advice on what supplements to buy/ how much to take or when to take it for a supplement newbie?

So i have the ripped freak which has :
    400mg of the fat burning metabolism amplifier
    200mg uncoupling protein
    166.6 hormone sensitive lipae fat mobilization amplifier

and i also have a multivitamin supplement which has(per 2 scoops):
    only 8gs of the whey protein concentrate
    1.4gs of soy fibre
    2.5g of inulin
    2.5g of fructooligosaccharides
    2mg of borage oil
    525mg of safflower oil
    1.5g of sunflower oil
    950 mcg of lutein
    950 mcg lycopene
    50mcg astaxanthin
    50mcg zeaxanthin
    1g l-arginine
    10mg decaffeneited green tea extract (50:1)
    10mg inositol
    25mg dl-alpha lipoic acid
    11mg saw palmetto
    10mg policosanol
    1511 mcg RAE/ 5000 IU of vitamin A
    300mg of vitamin
    20mcg/800 iu of vitamin D
    20 mg at/30 iu vitamin E
    25mg of vitamin b1
    25 mg of vitamin b2
    25mg of niacinamide
    25mg of vitamin b6
    400 mcg of folic acid
    25mcg vitamin b12
    300mcg of biotin
    25mg of pantothenic acid
    100mg of magnesium oxide
    15mg of zinc oxide
    70 mcg of selenium
    2mg of copper
    2mg of manganese
    120mcg of chromium
    75 mcg molybdenum
    558mg of calcium
    14.5mg of phosphorous
    1.83g of plant sterol esters;
    per 2 scoops

then i have the whey iso burst protein formula which has:

19.5g of protein per 1 scoops or 39 per two

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Have you figured out your caloric needs to suit your goals before investing in a supplement? If not please read the stickies in the Nutrition section before supplementing with anything other than a multivitamin a fish oil supplement and creatine if you are weight training.

Team MuscleTech Rep/EMT-B BlueRev's Avatar
    BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You need diet and nutrition, Then think about supps.

A. Diet/nutrition
    B. Sleep
    C. Lift
    D. Supplements
    Kick.com/beetoxic
    Give me a Follow for some REP

Can vitamin supplements help with diet and nutrition? I have been eating a LOT healthier but it seems like im not getting enough carbs/protein. I dont have much money or access to all the food i need because im in college and dont have much extra money as a student.

I have been eating healthier and keeping to a strict diet of only natural and healthy foods. Ive been eating lots of veggies, fruits, chicken, water/milk and maybe a cheat snack once in a while. Like i said ive already lost 5-6 pounds in about a week and a half, but i feel extremely tired when i go to work out almost like im not getting my proper vitamins etc. Thats why i started taking a vitamin supplement to keep myself healthy. My biggest concern is taking the vitamin supplement and the protein shake which would lead to taking too much protein and actually getting fatter from it instead of building mucle and losing fat.

morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Supplements are almost always more expensive than whole foods...at least the ones that are worthwhile.

Carbs? Rice is dirt cheap, you can get a really cheap rice maker. Oats are always a solid option. Toss them in all of your food or just use it for oatmeal.
    Protein: Chicken is fairly cheap, and if you have a meal plan I'm sure there's some form of chicken every night. Load up.

Originally Posted by morningstaru View Post
    Supplements are almost always more expensive than whole foods...at least the ones that are worthwhile.

Carbs? Rice is dirt cheap, you can get a really cheap rice maker. Oats are always a solid option. Toss them in all of your food or just use it for oatmeal.
    Protein: Chicken is fairly cheap, and if you have a meal plan I'm sure there's some form of chicken every night. Load up.
    So i should find a half way point between too many carbs and not enough carbs? My number one thing right now is burning the fat that i already have, then ill start putting on mass. Will too many carbs affect that?