xxSingh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

need help/total noob

Hello Guys, let me start by saying that I really want to get fit. i have attached my pics, please advise me if its good idea for me to try and cut down the fat and aim for 10% bf or will that make me too skinny. or should I bulk up instead and then start cutting??
    i am consuming 1600-1700 calories and workout 4 days split and 5 kms run once or twice a week, since the past 5 weeks. Please advise if this is the right thing coz i dont want to end up doing more harm than good to myself
    Weight: 196 lbs (lost 9 pounds)
    height: 185 cm
    Attached Images

Hkhan93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hkhan93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hkhan93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hkhan93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hkhan93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hkhan93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hkhan93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hkhan93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hkhan93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hkhan93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hkhan93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by xxSingh View Post
    Hello Guys, let me start by saying that I really want to get fit. i have attached my pics, please advise me if its good idea for me to try and cut down the fat and aim for 10% bf or will that make me too skinny. or should I bulk up instead and then start cutting??
    i am consuming 1600-1700 calories and workout 4 days split and 5 kms run once or twice a week, since the past 5 weeks. Please advise if this is the right thing coz i dont want to end up doing more harm than good to myself
    Weight: 196 lbs (lost 9 pounds)
    height: 185 cm
    Just find your BMR subtract 500 from it. You get your daily caloric intake. Simple. Now you have this you have to lift routinely to prevent muscle loss. I would recommend walks 3 times a week and HIT at least twice a week. There you go you will lose weight quick. Also consume your protein atleast 1 gram of protein per body-aim for this.

Originally Posted by Hkhan93 View Post
    Just find your BMR subtract 500 from it. You get your daily caloric intake. Simple. Now you have this you have to lift routinely to prevent muscle loss. I would recommend walks 3 times a week and HIT at least twice a week. There you go you will lose weight quick. Also consume your protein atleast 1 gram of protein per body-aim for this.
    so if I get to 10% from where I am right now(see pics), wont I be too skinny. Last thing i want is to look like death after all the effort and discipline.

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do NOT eat under your BMR. Use the stickied threads to find your maintenance cals and compose a diet. When you figure your maintenance/tdee consume 10-20% less cls to lose weight. Cardio will increase your defecit.

Originally Posted by MetilHed View Post
    Do NOT eat under your BMR. Use the stickied threads to find your maintenance cals and compose a diet. When you figure your maintenance/tdee consume 10-20% less cls to lose weight. Cardio will increase your defecit.
    Bro, can you please look at my photos and tell if it would be a good idea to cut down to 10% bf or should i bulk up first instead. thanks

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1. Get rid of your misconceptions
    2. Calculate your calories and macros
    3. Eat about 20% less calories than you burn each day while still meeting minimum protein and fat. Get the remainder of cals from carbs.
    4. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh everything that you eat.
    5. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal. Here's how to count properly.
    6. Lift heavy weights to preserve muscle mass, on a program like Starting Strength. Why not your own routine? Read this.
    7. If nothing happens after 3 weeks, reexamine calculations, and eat less.

-Credit to dmacdonal9 for the list.

koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nice panties, OP. (Esp view from the back: reminds me of a girl panties haha)

Originally Posted by koatliki View Post
    Nice panties, OP. (Esp view from the back: reminds me of a girl panties haha)
    Thanks mate. now can you please help me with bodybuilding ****. tell me how to get physique like yourself

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you want to lose some weight before bulking 5-10lbs, that's fine, but I think losing anymore might leave you looking twiggy. I would cut slowly, so you don't lose all your muscle mass. I would also eat more. I'm a girl and I lose weight on 1700 calories a day. I think 2000 would be better for you. Once your ready to bulk, I would do a slow, long bulk, so you don't put on more fat than muscle.

So I am 88 kilo now. I have dropped 5 kilo in 6 weeks. I was consuming 1600-1700 cals and working out 4 days split and running 5 kms once a week. By reading this thread and seeking advise from experienced guys i found out that i need to consume atleast 2000 cals and stop the 5 km running. I do HIIT now for 15 mins after workout 3 days a week. But my weight has gone up. Should i drop the cals again or do i need to start the running again. Shouldnt i be still losing about a pound a week? Does HIIT have a real advantage over running?
    Thanks