coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50)

For Everyone Needing MOTIVATION --> GTFIH!

I've seen so many different threads on here especially by you younger guys (teenage to mid 20's) needing motivation, down in the dumps etc. First, I was your age at one point. I was no different than you and nothing made me too special back then besides my discipline. I don't have the best genetics, I didn't play sports and I've worked my ass off naturally for everything I have so don't get discouraged by anything because this takes time and patience. With that said: ENJOY YOURSELVES! You guys are in your prime and should be enjoying every second of this and having fun! Don't let it stress you out! Lifting should be a fun time whether it's with your friends or time on your own when you can focus. Don't be afraid to go to the gym either! There's always going to be someone bigger than you, so who cares? Everyone had to start somewhere and if anyone is giving you a hard time for whatever reason just ignore them! No one can keep acting like a jerk forever especially if they're ignored. That negativity requires energy. And did I mention how much more organized, responsible, on time and mature this all will make you? Yes it will. Your friends drink and smoke? Have some willpower. Your girlfriend is lazy and hates when you lift? Oh well. Deal with it or tell her to find someone else lazy. Just be confident, believe in yourself and then no matter what anyone says or thinks you'll be true to yourself and nothing will be able to stop you. Earn your confidence and results in the gym because no one can take that away from you!

Last edited by coachpalmz; 01-29-2013 at 04:22 PM.

BDPfit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BDPfit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BDPfit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BDPfit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BDPfit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BDPfit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BDPfit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BDPfit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BDPfit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BDPfit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BDPfit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good post. The number one best thing I did for myself was make friends with people that share similar lifting/health interests. We keep each each other on track and make the lifting experience that much more enjoyable (woke our asses up for a heavy leg day at 7 am this morning, not very typical of college kids).

We also thrive off each others enthusiasm. If you lift alone, even the most motivated person occasionally has periods where they just "aren't feeling it". But if you have a dedicated partner or two, the moment you realize - 1.) they will be making gains while you bum off 2.) you're letting them down by not being there - you'll get your ass in the gym in no time
    Country Must Be Country-Wide CREW

MFC

shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Having a lifting group helps tremendously. When I was in college my buddy and I would work out in the mornings. When I wasn't feeling it he'd drag me to the gym and vice versa. Healthy competition between us kept both of us striving to lift more. I had a more developed chest and he would squat way more than me. Now I work out with my roommate who weights 90 pounds less than me but still is able to push me to strive for more (when I need it). Good post OP and BDPfit!