CaptGus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Leg excercises for arthritic knees

The wife unit (41 yrs) is very athletic and lifts regularly but her knees and hips hurt bad enough to keep her from doing any of the normal extension exercises for legs and glutes. Squats and leg extensions are out. Does anyone have suggestions or link to info. for resistance training that could help? Maybe some isometric exercises? TIA

TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hello I'll share my experience.I had a total hip replacement anterior muscle sparring approach.Night after my surgery i was walking with a walker. 2 days after a cane. Week after no assistance devices. I trained normal up to the surgery. I feel that helped in recovery.,30 days after i was given the green light to train again. I went light the 1st month. Now im back at it full bore. Now on the knees. I get euflexia Shots every 6 months. This helps alot. I also use a sleeve over my bad knee.Some will say avoid the leg extensions. I do them but i don't go down to 90 degree angle on my legs. I go to about 75 degrees. Also my leg extension machine the lower lever is offset out some from the top pads where your knee pits rest, Hopefully this will help. But were all different. This is just my experience.
    2012 was a year of on and off training due to miss-hap's. I had broken ribs,pulled something under my shoulder blade. Then had a total hip replacement. Got soft around the edges. Now time for a comeback. 1st year in. So far things are going great!!
    April 11th 2014 double bypass surgery. So another set back grrrrrr.

If The Bar Ain't Bending... You're Just Pretending.

There is no pill or shake. That can replace hard work.

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I had surgery on my left knee last march-it was an arthritis clean out surgery. I do all the leg exercises I did before except just not so deep - only to parallel on squats, thrusts, press etc. I work hamstrings separately on their own day to make up for this lack of depth. She needs to develop her leg muscles so that the muscles offload the joint. Btw I leg pressed 500 lbs x 8 tonite.
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501

CaptGus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Appreciate the replies. The reduced range of motion mod sounds promising. Any other exercise ideas?

orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I squat with arthritic knees (injury-caused osteo) but, like DM, only make parallel. I do Romanian DLs for hams and standing calf raises with barbell against the squat stand.