rhegium is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Pro Maxima Bench

Anyone have experience with this company? Found a commercial FID for 350 used, similar to the PL-610 model. Has a 1,000 pound weight capacity. Excellent condition, Z805 model. It has a 13 pad which I need because of bad shoulders.

I just can't find any reviews on this. Any advice or experience appreciated.

If not, I can go Ethos at DSG with a 13 inch pad for 260 out of the store. Thanks!

swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The pro maxima stuff that I've seen in the past was heavy duty and well built. Not sure about this specific bench, but I would bet that it's probably better than the Ethos bench.
    STAND TALL AND SHAKE THE HEAVENS!!

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." - 1 Corinthians 6:19

▪█─-─█▪ Equipment Crew #71 ▪█─-─█▪
    []---[] York Barbell Club #32 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #66 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #6 ||---||

rhegium is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by swimmer32 View Post
    The pro maxima stuff that I've seen in the past was heavy duty and well built. Not sure about this specific bench, but I would bet that it's probably better than the Ethos bench.
    The ethos seems very well built when I have tried it at the store. It does not have decline or foot roller pads. My days of heavy bench are probably over with the shoulder issues. Going to use this primarily with dumbbells. Is decline that important?

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rhegium View Post
    The ethos seems very well built when I have tried it at the store. It does not have decline or foot roller pads. My days of heavy bench are probably over with the shoulder issues. Going to use this primarily with dumbbells. Is decline that important?
    Decline might be useful for abs. I never liked dumbbell decline benchpress. You could do a separate decline bench. I personally don't like the benches that do all three flat incline AND decline because the bottom pad is often super wide.

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    decline isn't something you need to pay extra for unless you plan to do decline work.

I've seen some Pro-Maxima gear in person and it's all really heavy duty but not my favorite design.

Unless your market is really dry, i think $350 is a bit steep for a used commercial FID. unless the thing is pristine, i'd try to talk him down to somewhere like 200, where i'd definitely take it over the Ethos bench.
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60