ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Is anyone on this site a "stay at home dad" like me?

I quit my job to take care of my child at home while my wife works as a nurse. I really like it. I work out in my cold detached uninsulated garage in northern Illinois when she goes to sleep for 2 hrs in the afternoon. When I get enough posts I will post pics of my home gym which I bought a lot of the commercial stuff from craigslist. I don't even turn on a heater because I haven't insulated yet and it would be a waste. Thank god for nike cold weather compression and layering. Below 20 degrees sucks! So I was just wondering if their are other guys like me that stay at home with their kids for the time being and maybe even get looked down upon for not having a job.

HeatherHeather has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Brr

I'm not a stay at home dad, but instead a working single mom of twins (divorced..) First, staying home and raising kids is harder than working (IMHO) and I hope no one gives you a hard time because that would be lame. The reason I responded is your gym situation sounds miserable. You really have to be motivated to exercise in -20 degree weather. Good luck!

Originally Posted by ahoskinson44 View Post
    I quit my job to take care of my child at home while my wife works as a nurse. I really like it. I work out in my cold detached uninsulated garage in northern Illinois when she goes to sleep for 2 hrs in the afternoon. When I get enough posts I will post pics of my home gym which I bought a lot of the commercial stuff from craigslist. I don't even turn on a heater because I haven't insulated yet and it would be a waste. Thank god for nike cold weather compression and layering. Below 20 degrees sucks! So I was just wondering if their are other guys like me that stay at home with their kids for the time being and maybe even get looked down upon for not having a job.
    HeatherHeather AKA Heather

ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HeatherHeather View Post
    I'm not a stay at home dad, but instead a working single mom of twins (divorced..) First, staying home and raising kids is harder than working (IMHO) and I hope no one gives you a hard time because that would be lame. The reason I responded is your gym situation sounds miserable. You really have to be motivated to exercise in -20 degree weather. Good luck!
    Thanks for the reply. My in laws don't like the fact that I don't have a job but it is none of their business and they are lame. Its like 15 degrees out today, thankfully I have the day off.

billyd82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Been there also.

I was a stay at home Dad also, twice in fact. And I agree with Heather, it is harder than working a "real" job. Don't let anyone tell you it's not cool that you don't have a job to go to. You're doing the most important job there is, taking care of your child. And my family also looked down at me when I did it, mainly because of the typical male stereotype, that we are the providers. You're cool in my book. Looking forward to seeing your workout room. I work out in my basement and it works fine for me. Take care.
    The seeker of physical improvement will improve to the degree he applies himself!

Originally Posted by billyd82 View Post
    I was a stay at home Dad also, twice in fact. And I agree with Heather, it is harder than working a "real" job. Don't let anyone tell you it's not cool that you don't have a job to go to. You're doing the most important job there is, taking care of your child. And my family also looked down at me when I did it, mainly because of the typical male stereotype, that we are the providers. You're cool in my book. Looking forward to seeing your workout room. I work out in my basement and it works fine for me. Take care.
    Thanks for the good words, makes me feel better. That is exactly it "the male stereotype" that comes up. I posted my garage gym pics under the home gym area recently.