GorillaBAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) GorillaBAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) GorillaBAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) GorillaBAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) GorillaBAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) GorillaBAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) GorillaBAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) GorillaBAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) GorillaBAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) GorillaBAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) GorillaBAM is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question about candy

Hello, I'm new here. My friend and I had discussion about whether or not candy isn't the best way to fill your calories. I said okay you can have 20g every now and then if you like and my friend said you could even eat 500g if you'd like in one day! Then he ate one 400g bag of candy + drank coke. Can this be true? He's lean and pretty muscular in my opinion, so could I also eat like one bag ( 400g ) of candy if it fits my macros? It would be like around 1100 kcals but since I'm bulking I'm currently taking in 4100 kcal anyway, so could I just eat that much candy per day without it affecting my body any bad? I have now gained with 4100 kcals 2 lbs during 2-3 months so I think I'm doing well with it.

BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    micros are important as well, which candy is void of..

Not to mention an acute excess of sugar can be harmful to your health... 400g of candy is excessive for one sitting.
    The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.

GorillaBAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) GorillaBAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) GorillaBAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) GorillaBAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) GorillaBAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) GorillaBAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) GorillaBAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) GorillaBAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) GorillaBAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) GorillaBAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) GorillaBAM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was just wondering would it affect me any how, if I were to get veggies and fruits on that day and eating 1100 kcals of pure sugary candy instead of getting those same carbs from my regular rice?

Originally Posted by BeingPaid View Post
    micros are important as well, which candy is void of..

Not to mention an excess of acute sugar can be harmful to your health... 400g of candy is excessive for one sitting.
    What happens if you consume great amount of sugar?

BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GorillaBAM View Post
    Temporary hypoglycemia, also known as a 'sugar crash'

You don't remember being a kid on Haloween, eating too much candy, then getting sick?
    The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was just wondering would it affect me any how, if I were to get veggies and fruits on that day and eating 1100 kcals of pure sugary candy instead of getting those same carbs from my regular rice?
    You'd probably get a slight headache and have energy them crash/or crave more sugar

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Your dentist can probably make his next Benz payment on time.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Your dentist can probably make his next Benz payment on time.
    I liked this one
    So, there is nothing wrong and it won't affect me in any different if eating 1100 kcals from candy or brown rice? Except for maybe slightly feeling sick afterwards if I were to get my veggies and fruits in for the day.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If only common sense was common.

Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I liked this one
    So, there is nothing wrong and it won't affect me in any different if eating 1100 kcals from candy or brown rice? Except for maybe slightly feeling sick afterwards if I were to get my veggies and fruits in for the day.
    If you want to do it then do it, but don't pretend that doing it on a regular basis will be an optimal choice.

Originally Posted by Makween View Post
    If you want to do it then do it, but don't pretend that doing it on a regular basis will be an optimal choice.
    Of course not! I was just about to try it As it is pretty easy way getting in 1100 kcals at least in my opinion.

Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Of course not! I was just about to try it As it is pretty easy way getting in 1100 kcals at least in my opinion.
    Doing so from time to time is fine, but I wouldn't make a habit of doing so regularly. Plenty of people on here (myself included) like to fit in a 500ml tub of ice cream every so often, which is pretty similar calorie-wise. Regular small servings are fine.

Originally Posted by Makween View Post
    Doing so from time to time is fine, but I wouldn't make a habit of doing so regularly. Plenty of people on here (myself included) like to fit in a 500ml tub of ice cream every so often, which is pretty similar calorie-wise. Regular small servings are fine.
    I'd say 400g of ice cream and 400g of candy are different.. by candy I think gummy bears, jelly beans, etc (basically sugars, corn syrup and artificial colors/flavors).

I like wonderpugs post

If only common sense was common.

Originally Posted by BeingPaid View Post
    I'd say 400g of ice cream and 400g of candy are different.. by candy I think gummy bears, jelly beans, etc (basically sugars, corn syrup and artificial colors/flavors).
    I only said that 500ml of ice cream is similar in calories to the 1,100 he suggested. Obviously they're different.