Location: Crawley, West Sussex, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    RhysGM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

DTP for Beginnners

Does anyone have any opinions on DTP especially for beginners. Should I give it a go or just stick to my full body workout 3 times a week?

www . bodybuilding . com /fun/kris-gethin-dtp-4-weeks-to-maximum-muscle.html

Give Kris four weeks, and he'll give you more muscle. You will get bigger. You will get stronger.
    DTP is a pyramid trainer. You lift four days per week with cardio days between each weight session. You'll only be doing one or two exercises for each muscle group or body part, but you might hit 500 reps across multiple sets.
    You'll be anabolic, but you'll also rev your metabolism. DTP will shock your body, and you will grow.
    Drink some concrete, because it's time to harden the f#ck up.

iBeastMode207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeastMode207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeastMode207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeastMode207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeastMode207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeastMode207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeastMode207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeastMode207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeastMode207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeastMode207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeastMode207 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RhysGM View Post
    Does anyone have any opinions on DTP especially for beginners. Should I give it a go or just stick to my full body workout 3 times a week?

If you are trying to build muscle does 500 reps sound like a good idea?
    I've failed over and over and over again in my life, and that is why i succeed.

ice cream & iron crew #5

JasonDB's 5x5 novice program: AN FAQ for newcomers-
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148036063&p=1042365543&viewfull=1#post1042365543

Location: Crawley, West Sussex, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    RhysGM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by iBeastMode207 View Post
    If you are trying to build muscle does 500 reps sound like a good idea?
    No but, after I read the whole article and watched his videos he seems to think it will. Just wondered if anyone has first hand experience of it.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz

It's probably the last thing I'd ever recommend for a beginner. Ridiculous rep ranges and inappropriate volume and frequency. And unfortunately, the majority of "programs" listed in that section of this site are the same way; lots of flash, buzzwords, and promises, but training schemes that no one IRL who knows anything would ever use.

Look here instead; no "4-week" foolishness. Just a solid, basic program built around mostly compound lifts with a trackable progression scheme built right in:
    *Routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Listen to Ironwill, get the basics right.

Ultra high reps can be done for specific reasons - but is easily something you can completely forget about at this stage. If you try to high reps as the only means of training for muscle, you are going to be dissapointed.

This program sounds like a silly gimmick and phrases such as "DTP will shock your body" only confirm this. This is the kind of weasel speak that is used to confuse and excite novices. They do not aim to educate you - but to sell you magazines and supplements. Keeping you ignorant is part and parcel of this.

iBeastMode207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeastMode207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeastMode207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeastMode207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeastMode207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeastMode207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeastMode207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeastMode207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeastMode207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeastMode207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeastMode207 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No but, after I read the whole article and watched his videos he seems to think it will. Just wondered if anyone has first hand experience of it.
    I did his 12 week program, at the end of it he starts using DTP. Sets of 50,40,30,20,10,10,20,30,40,50 I was basically doing bench press with air for the last set. It does nothing but make your muscles tired, not grow.
    I've failed over and over and over again in my life, and that is why i succeed.

ice cream & iron crew #5

JasonDB's 5x5 novice program: AN FAQ for newcomers-
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148036063&p=1042365543&viewfull=1#post1042365543