Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Eating 3100kcal for 3 months and have only gained 1lb

Am I overtraining?

I reached a peak of 172 but even though I've been eating pretty hard I've lost a couple pounds back down to 169.

Lifts have ALL increased, and I notice small visual improvements, however there have been one or two workouts where after I've felt like chit for the entire day after (lethargic, low appetite)

That being said I'm 5'9, 169lb, around 15%, used to be a fat fukk but metabolism was never a huge problem (I must have been eating at least 5-6k every day of junk)

What you guys think?

Edit - to clarify I'm aware of the stigma against overtraining. I'm not talking muscular overtraining, more CNS
    but who was lift

unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think that I became aroused at the idea of being able to eat 3100 calories a day, while my lifts were going up, and I was hoping to gain weight.

Congrats on the cut.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not gaining weight?

Answer is simple...

mateusaraujo17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Lintford View Post
    Am I overtraining?

I reached a peak of 172 but even though I've been eating pretty hard I've lost a couple pounds back down to 169.

Lifts have ALL increased, and I notice small visual improvements, however there have been one or two workouts where after I've felt like chit for the entire day after (lethargic, low appetite)

That being said I'm 5'9, 169lb, around 15%, used to be a fat fukk but metabolism was never a huge problem (I must have been eating at least 5-6k every day of junk)

What you guys think?

Edit - to clarify I'm aware of the stigma against overtraining. I'm not talking muscular overtraining, more CNS
    Your body arrived in the limit of gain muscular mass.

Eat more proteinas and low carbs , if you gain fat , your body arrived in the limit...

Pineappletrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im not a explert here is just my theory.

Asuming your not a super cut bodybuilder with no body fat, my first theory would be, wile you are gaining muscle, you are also sheading fat, so the weight gain might not be very high since your also sheading weight as you are gaining it in muscle.

Another would be, what exactly are you doing in the gym, and also what exactly are you eating, to be honest its not so mutch about how many calories you take in, but what type of calories and fats and protein. Only time i think its important to count would be in maybe a fat loss diet. But othervise just use comon sense, eat healthy and often and normal size portions.

Now i can sometimes have a hard time eating after a workout, but i get my shake down and make sure to get food into me when i get home, right sorts of food ofc since that will help you get your energy back.

So the most likley is your maybe not eating or training right, now like i said im no expert but from the information you gave thats what i concluded

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mateusaraujo17 View Post

Eat more proteinas and low carbs , if you gain fat , your body arrived in the limit...

Wat.

Originally Posted by Pineappletrain View Post
    Im not a explert here is just my theory.

Asuming your not a super cut bodybuilder with no body fat, my first theory would be, wile you are gaining muscle, you are also sheading fat, so the weight gain might not be very high since your also sheading weight as you are gaining it in muscle.

Another would be, what exactly are you doing in the gym, and also what exactly are you eating, to be honest its not so mutch about how many calories you take in, but what type of calories and fats and protein. Only time i think its important to count would be in maybe a fat loss diet. But othervise just use comon sense, eat healthy and often and normal size portions.

Now i can sometimes have a hard time eating after a workout, but i get my shake down and make sure to get food into me when i get home, right sorts of food ofc since that will help you get your energy back.

So the most likley is your maybe not eating or training right, now like i said im no expert but from the information you gave thats what i concluded

Double wat.
    Delirious Mutant.

Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by necon76 View Post
    Wat.

Double wat.
    This

Thanks for the advice but at 170 I am not at my limit, and kcals do count. My macros tho are around 160-200 Pro, 350-400 Carbs and 70-100 fats. Track them on MFP

Oh yeah using PHAT
    but who was lift

LJocci has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LJocci has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LJocci has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LJocci has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LJocci has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LJocci has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LJocci has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LJocci has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by mateusaraujo17 View Post

Plateau?

Saskwatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Saskwatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Saskwatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Saskwatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Saskwatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Saskwatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Saskwatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Saskwatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Saskwatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Saskwatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Saskwatch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You would get the best advice if you posted your diet and routine. In absence of that though, I would guess you are not over training but that you need to eat more. Up your daily cals by 200 and monitor for two weeks then adjust accordingly.
    Bert

^^Former 300+ lb crew^^ ^^Carolina Panthers Fan Crew^^ ^^Thin Blue Smoke Crew^^

R2D2 was the most vulgar character ever created, they had to beep out every single word he ever said.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. - Frank Sinatra

Jorge18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorge18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorge18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorge18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorge18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorge18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorge18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorge18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorge18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorge18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorge18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The answer seems pretty simple...you gotta eat more.

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jorge18 View Post
    The answer seems pretty simple...you gotta eat more.
    This. Reevaluate your TDEE and count your macros more accurately. Use a good scale.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)