Gemini235 is a complete loser! (-2000) Gemini235 is a complete loser! (-2000) Gemini235 is a complete loser! (-2000) Gemini235 is a complete loser! (-2000) Gemini235 is a complete loser! (-2000) Gemini235 is a complete loser! (-2000) Gemini235 is a complete loser! (-2000) Gemini235 is a complete loser! (-2000) Gemini235 is a complete loser! (-2000) Gemini235 is a complete loser! (-2000) Gemini235 is a complete loser! (-2000)

Want to try out heavy lifting/dead lifts.

I had recently heard (contrary to my previous belief) that lifting heavy weights and dead lifts etc would help with over all full body weight loss and toning. I don't want by any means to bulk, and I know that won't happen unless I'm running a calorie surplus (I'm cutting) but I have no idea where to start.

I've been watching some youtube videos on proper dead lift form but any kind of advice here that could help me along would be appreciated. I am totally new to this! I usually just do cardio, push ups, squats, light weights, etc.

Please let me know if you have some helpful tips for heavy lifting and dead lifts. I do not want to bulk no matter what; my goal is to lose 5% more body fat and about 10 more lbs (although if I have to gain some weight to reach the lower body fat I am okay with that because it would be muscle).

Thanks.

BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000)
    By weight loss and " toning" I assume you mean reducing your BF and adding some muscle to your frame? Two things to point out: 1 bulking doesn't mean your end result is looking "bulky". 2 you will not add muscle if you are cutting your calories. A calorie deficit will only encourage muscle loss and you will be spinning your wheels with lifting heavy.

Start here.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703921
    AFAA- CPT

"Make up your mind that, at least for the first year or two, you're not going to worry about body fat levels if you're already lean, because lean is easier to reacquire than strong is to build" (Rippetoe 310).

ASKHOLE: A person who constantly asks for advise, yet always does the opposite of what you told them.

sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You should do more research into women and weightlifting. I lift heavy and I'm tiny
    Read the sticky on macronutrients
    * dont even have a crew *
    |||---------you can find me at the bar---------|||

Gemini235 is a complete loser! (-2000) Gemini235 is a complete loser! (-2000) Gemini235 is a complete loser! (-2000) Gemini235 is a complete loser! (-2000) Gemini235 is a complete loser! (-2000) Gemini235 is a complete loser! (-2000) Gemini235 is a complete loser! (-2000) Gemini235 is a complete loser! (-2000) Gemini235 is a complete loser! (-2000) Gemini235 is a complete loser! (-2000) Gemini235 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Thanks girls

Yeah I just want to lose body fat and add some muscle. I'm just such a noob when it comes to this stuff.

jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just me two cents on deadlifts.... They are the bomb.
    Lifting in general is the bomb but deadlifts in my opinion are the bomb diggity.!
    I had what I called saddlebags on my hips, I didnt worry about them much because that's just my figure, and I know you can't spot reduce. But once I started dead lifting they decreased in size so drastically in a matter of weeks. My overall strength improved too. I couldn't love without my deadlifts I love them, and I've converted many into doing them! Even the boyfriend... God only knows why he wasnt already doing them!!
    Last edited by jordyanne91; 01-29-2013 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Jade
    Kick Today In The Dick

Originally Posted by jordyanne91 View Post
    Just me two cents on deadlifts.... They are the bomb.
    Lifting in general is the bomb but deadlifts in my opinion are the bomb diggity.!
    I had what I called saddlebags on my hips, I didnt worry about them much because that's just my figure, and I know you can't spot reduce. But once I started dead lifting they decreased in size so drastically in a matter of weeks. My overall strength improved too. I couldn't love without my deadlifts I love them, and I've converted many into doing them! Even the boyfriend... God only knows why he wasnt already doing them!!
    Thanks! What was the weight you started at?

alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First, don't worry about bulking, at all.

Deadlifts are amazing. Start out at whatever weight you feel comfortable with. Even if it's just 95 lb, you can always add more weight. More importantly than weight though, is make sure you have the right form. Form is so so so important. I'm sure you've heard this in the videos but basics: back straight, head up, bar close to the body.

Good luck!
    "The thrill of trying what doesn't seem possible...this is the place where fear meets faith and the face of God."

"you want results? then train like it."

Bench: 155 lb
    Squat: 245 lb
    Deadlift: 315 lb

Originally Posted by alexisap View Post
    First, don't worry about bulking, at all.

Deadlifts are amazing. Start out at whatever weight you feel comfortable with. Even if it's just 95 lb, you can always add more weight. More importantly than weight though, is make sure you have the right form. Form is so so so important. I'm sure you've heard this in the videos but basics: back straight, head up, bar close to the body.

Good luck!
    Thanks! So many questions I have lol. I'm just scared I'll do something wrong/hurt myself. I see a lot of ppl when they are done just drop the weight on the floor instead of placing it gently down. Which way is right?

Also, I'm not sure if I would need gloves or not....I can curl 50-85 easily but I'm just hesitant with the dead lifts for some reason? I guess I think I will drop it and fall forward or it will land on my feet etc

alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Gemini235 View Post
    Thanks! So many questions I have lol. I'm just scared I'll do something wrong/hurt myself. I see a lot of ppl when they are done just drop the weight on the floor instead of placing it gently down. Which way is right?

Also, I'm not sure if I would need gloves or not....I can curl 50-85 easily but I'm just hesitant with the dead lifts for some reason? I guess I think I will drop it and fall forward or it will land on my feet etc
    Don't worry you won't fall forward or anything! As far as dropping it goes, I wouldn't unless you have the bumper plates. Some gyms don't even allow people to drop the bar. There has been one time where I half dropped it/half placed it down and it was because I was doing my max and the bar almost slipped from my hands (bad grip on my part). There's no real need to drop it otherwise, or at least none that I've ever experienced. I personally don't use gloves. I use an alternating grip so the bar doesn't slide from my hands, and I use chalk which is helpful. The only bad part about not using gloves is sometimes my palms get really sore because of calluses and such. The chalk supposedly helps with this because it evens out your hands more so skin isn't pinched between your grip and the bar.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions!
    "The thrill of trying what doesn't seem possible...this is the place where fear meets faith and the face of God."

"you want results? then train like it."

Bench: 155 lb
    Squat: 245 lb
    Deadlift: 315 lb

Thanks! Lots of good advice. I'll get the hang of it eventually =)
    I'm going to drop a fork down the garbage disposal and make the best dub step song ever.