Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

The new "commercial" Yukon GHD

Anyone have any experience with this? It says commercial rated, 11ga steel, etc but it only weighs 100 lbs. Ships for less than $500 which is why I'm interested.

Dude has a wtf look on his face too, which is concerning.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    Anyone have any experience with this? It says commercial rated, 11ga steel, etc but it only weighs 100 lbs. Ships for less than $500 which is why I'm interested.

Skid, my rogue abram weighs 200lb. as a comparison. I don't know anything about this one.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    Don't know anything about the GHR in the pic, but dang, that due needs to eat a sammich and lift something heavy every now and then.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

dac22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dac22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dac22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dac22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dac22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dac22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dac22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dac22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dac22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dac22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dac22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I can't comment on this new "commercial" version, but I have the cheaper version that I picked up on CL a few months ago. After I bought it I noticed that the thigh pad was pretty worn and decided to call Yukon's customer service to see if I could get a new one. The guy I spoke with told me he'd send me the "upgraded" thigh pad, which appears to be the same as the one used on the "commercial" version (split pad design). It wasn't covered by the warranty because I wasn't the original owner, but only cost $30 shipped, and came with a lifetime warranty. It appears to be better quality than the original pad and has held up fine for the last couple months of regular use. I don't have anything to compare it with since I've never used any GHD other than the Yukon, but for the price it might be worth a look.

Depending on where you're at, another option that might be worth a look is an equipment dealer in St. Louis. It's a guy named Jeff and he posts a lot of his stuff on CL, but has a huge warehouse of equipment including a really sturdy GHD for $480. You can see it here (5th picture):
    stlouis.craigslist.org/sgd/3564774462.html
    I don't remember who makes it, but saw this one in his warehouse a couple weeks ago when I went to pick up some other equipment from him. It has roller pads and seemed to be really well-made. Actually, if I had the money I'd replace my Yukon with this one in a second! I bet that Jeff could give you a shipping quote if you're not within driving distance.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Skid....that one has a really long profile, which could be promising. Its not really the weight alone that keeps the GHR from moving forward during use, its also the design of the components....which I guess would determine the weight distribution. The first one I got from Edge actually had a weight pin in the back to help counterbalance the user's weight. It wasn't always necessary, but it definitely made the device seem more stable. After he redesigned his GHR, it isn't included or needed. Both of those machines are well over a hundred pounds.

Since I'm not an engineer, my point may be lost in that paragraph....but the Yukon may not be too bad. It at least looks promising....although its unfortunate that it comes from the company that makes the only GHR I'll openly bash .
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

dac22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dac22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dac22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dac22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dac22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dac22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dac22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dac22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dac22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dac22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dac22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just saw another option in this price range:
    Body Solid Commercial Glute/Ham
    stlouis.craigslist.org/sgd/3582027843.html

Fitness factory outlet has it at $599 on their website, but listed it on CL for $549 w/ free shipping.

STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A place locally around me sells this GHD, some more pics here at $480 shipped: http://www.jackeeboyz.com/products/C...-YCOM-HYP.html
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #58 []---[]

HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Skid....that one has a really long profile, which could be promising. Its not really the weight alone that keeps the GHR from moving forward during use, its also the design of the components....which I guess would determine the weight distribution. The first one I got from Edge actually had a weight pin in the back to help counterbalance the user's weight. It wasn't always necessary, but it definitely made the device seem more stable. After he redesigned his GHR, it isn't included or needed. Both of those machines are well over a hundred pounds.

Since I'm not an engineer, my point may be lost in that paragraph....but the Yukon may not be too bad. It at least looks promising....although its unfortunate that it comes from the company that makes the only GHR I'll openly bash .
    That GHD in the link is made by Wright out of Birmingham, AL. It's much bigger in person than it looks in pictures.