Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Opinions, muicroloading plate

This be of use in your home gym? Potential product.

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A 2" flat washer is another alternative to a square washer. This one costs around $3.14 each and according to the specs it weighs around 0.560700 lbs. You might be able to find them cheaper locally or on eBay. You can glue them together for larger weights. I got the idea from Starting Strength.

http://www.drillspot.com/products/10...ss_flat_washer

Edit: To fit on cheap import bars, it might be necessary to use washers with a larger center than 2"... maybe 2 1/8... dunno... it would depend on the bar.
    Last edited by morebarbell; 01-22-2013 at 09:23 PM.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by morebarbell View Post
    A 2" flat washer is another alternative to a square washer. This one costs around $3.14 each and according to the specs it weighs around 0.560700 lbs. You might be able to find them cheaper locally or on eBay. You can glue them together for larger weights. I got the idea from Starting Strength.

http://www.drillspot.com/products/10...ss_flat_washer

Edit: To fit on cheap import bars, it might be necessary to use washers with a larger center than 2"... maybe 2 1/8... dunno... it would depend on the bar.
    The spec for a 2" USS flat washer allows for a thickness between .153" and .213". Any washer with a thickness between those two numbers meets the spec. Since the weight of the washer is directly proportional to the thickness, the weight variation between washers can be as much as 40%. Washer manufacturers are not shooting for .560700 lbs, they are trying to make the most profitable washer that meets the spec.

Anyway, my price target for a plate, that weighs within 3% of .5 lb, would be in the range of $3.00 to $4.00 per plate , which is about what you pay for a 2" washer that can have a 40% weight variation.

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I overlooked that you were selling them but I see now that I read your post more carefully --Sorry.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sherman View Post
    This be of use in your home gym? Potential product.

potentially. personally, i'd prefer a 5/8 lb plate, since that's half of 1.25lb plate, which is half of the 2.5lb plate. though i'll say that i bought 1.25lb ivanko plates, and i seem to rarely use them (possibly coincidentally, i've been ignoring overhead press)

Roughlift is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roughlift is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roughlift is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roughlift is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roughlift is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roughlift is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roughlift is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roughlift is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roughlift is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roughlift is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roughlift is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been toying with the idea of getting a local machining school to make micro plates for me that are much more wider than what my dumbbells currently do, they would be really thin and I'd have a lot of them so I could turn my dumbbells into higher weight ones..so I think your idea is good too, and really easy to do in most machine shops(if they got the right kind cutter they could easily turn a 2mm metal sheet into several of those "plates", the only problem would be the hole tolerances probably when mass producing them..hmm stack them together in a jig and run a cnc machine to finish up the holes..would work).

Registered Ginger Muscle Mania Matt's Avatar
    Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I just use small loops of chain weighed on my food scale. Costs next to nothing.
    -[[[[------]]]]-

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    Traditional Wet Shave Crew

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Muscle Mania Matt View Post
    I just use small loops of chain weighed on my food scale. Costs next to nothing.
    I used to do this too. I dont remember how many links of chain, but it was maybe 5 or 6 links, with a 99cent carbiner to make a loop.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Speaker magnets make awesome platemates.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Opinions, microloading plate
    Sherm, this could potentially be an excellent product for on-the-bar weight calibration as it's usual for olympic plates to have some deviation from the stated weight. I'll consider buying your microloading plates if you offer a selection of weights as a set. Say 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1, 1 1/4 lbs plates with a margin of deviation 2-3%.

For example, one of my Ivanko 25 lbs plates is 24.6 lbs. I could use your microloading plate to compensate for .4 lbs discrepancy.

Mark Rippetoe measured and put exact weight number on the dumbbells in his gym. Same could be done for plates. And whatever the deviation is be compensated by your microloading plates. Would be nice have them colored too and have wide enough center hole to fit on most bars.

Also it might be good for those doing olympic weightlifting. Found this quote on amazon customer reviews for CFF fractional weights:
    Originally Posted by NorwichGrad
    I bought these over 2 years ago when I first got into fitness. I initially followed a typical 5 x 5 program. Several months later I got into Olympic Weightlifting. These are great to have, especially if the program you follow is based on percentage of your 1RM. For example, your calculations suggest you should do 203.5-lbs of Clean & Jerk? No problem. Just load up the bar to 200-lbs using your regular bar and plates, and then add two black and two red micro plates. How about a 136.5-lb snatch? No sweat. Load up the bar with two 45-lb bumper plates, then add two blue and two silver micro plates. Studies have shown that the best way to break through plateaus is by micro-loading; therefore, these little wonders are great to have. In fact, these should be mandatory if you are serious about strength training. They come with a tough carrying pouch, so you can shove `em in your gym bag no problem.
    You might wanna name your product "Calibration Microloading Plates".

Registered Ginger Muscle Mania Matt's Avatar
    Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jetigen View Post
    Sherm, this could potentially be an excellent product for on-the-bar weight calibration as it's usual for olympic plates to have some deviation from the stated weight. I'll consider buying your microloading plates if you offer a selection of weights as a set. Say 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1, 1 1/4 lbs plates with a margin of deviation 2-3%.

For example, one of my Ivanko 25 lbs plates is 24.6 lbs. I could use your microloading plate to compensate for .4 lbs discrepancy.

Mark Rippetoe measured and put exact weight number on the dumbbells in his gym. Same could be done for plates. And whatever the deviation is be compensated by your microloading plates. Would be nice have them colored too and have wide enough center hole to fit on most bars.

Also it might be good for those doing olympic weightlifting. Found this quote on amazon customer reviews for CFF fractional weights:

You might wanna name your product "Calibration Microloading Plates".
    That's not a bad way to go about it. I have one 45 that is off just enough that I can feel it and it drives me nuts.
    -[[[[------]]]]-

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    Traditional Wet Shave Crew

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You can do a permanent calibration on your out-of-tolerance plates by modifying them. Some number of lead fishing sinkers can be epoxied to underweight plates. Holes can be drilled in overweight plates to remove material. If aesthetics are important, holes can be filled in with a low density material and then repainted.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    You can do a permanent calibration on your out-of-tolerance plates by modifying them. Some number of lead fishing sinkers can be epoxied to underweight plates. Holes can be drilled in overweight plates to remove material. If aesthetics are important, holes can be filled in with a low density material and then repainted.
    This might be good for larger deviations. What would you recommend to permanently compensate for - 2.1 lbs deviation on one of my 25 lbs CAP plates. That's the worst off one among my plates (-8.4%).

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    This might be good for larger deviations. What would you recommend to permanently compensate for - 2.1 lbs deviation on one of my 25 lbs CAP plates. That's the worst off one among my plates (-8.4%).
    Wow. That's pretty bad.

Maybe cut up a lead sheet and epoxy it to the interior of the plate?

Maybe cut up a lead sheet and epoxy it to the interior of the plate?
    I am using it right now as a dedicated plate for my seated calf machine. I'll just leave as it is. Don't wanna mess with epoxy.

Don't wanna mess with epoxy.
    JB-Weld and JB-Kwik are awesome. I use them all the time.

Mixing can be a hassle though. If that's a concern, there's some clear stuff - don't remember the brand name - that comes with the resin and hardener in side by side syringes. You attach a mixing nozzle on the end and then just squirt it into place. They provide two nozzles so that you don't have to use it all in one go. (Anything left within the nozzle after about five minutes gets hard and plugs it up.)

This be of use in your home gym?
    Not to me, but if they're as affordable as you suggest, I think you'd be able to sell some.

(I already own platemates.)

JB-Weld and JB-Kwik are awesome. I use them all the time.

Mixing can be a hassle though. If that's a concern, there's some clear stuff - don't remember the brand name - that comes with the resin and hardener in side by side syringes. You attach a mixing nozzle on the end and then just squirt it into place. They provide two nozzles so that you don't have to use it all in one go. (Anything left within the nozzle after about five minutes gets hard and plugs it up.)
    Thanks. I'll keep it in mind.

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    With weight deviations like that I would be looking to sell them, and buy different ones, in fact I already did. I would especially if I lived in the states with the choices you guys have.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

Thanks, lots of good information and ideas.

I've got to keep this potential product very simple. So the objective is to be able to add weight to the bar in one pound increments. With a set of eight plates you could add one pound at a time up to four pounds, then, for the next step, switch them all for a pair of 2.5's. Of course, there is no end of combos that could be used..

As far as price goes, I'm figuring on $35.00 for a set of eight, including US shipping. Any number less than eight would be $4.00 per plate plus $5.00 shipping (not per plate, for the whole package - example, three plates would cost a total of $17.00 shipped).

The big question: Is there a market for it?

I've got to keep this potential product very simple. So the objective is to be able to add weight to the bar in one pound increments. With a set of eight plates you could add one pound at a time up to four pounds, then, for the next step, switch them all for a pair of 2.5's.
    I really liked 1 lbs increases at a time on an olympic bar. Few questions though. Is the shape of the final product gonna be rectangular or round? Is it gonna be painted or be as it is?

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The spec for a 2" USS flat washer allows for a thickness between .153" and .213". Any washer with a thickness between those two numbers meets the spec. Since the weight of the washer is directly proportional to the thickness, the weight variation between washers can be as much as 40%. Washer manufacturers are not shooting for .560700 lbs, they are trying to make the most profitable washer that meets the spec.

Anyway, my price target for a plate, that weighs within 3% of .5 lb, would be in the range of $3.00 to $4.00 per plate , which is about what you pay for a 2" washer that can have a 40% weight variation.
    This is true, however if you buy them from a distributor like say, Fastenal, and not out of a bin - you will/can keep their control numbers the same. Places that sell large quantities of fasteners have to be able to track what manufacturer and batch they came from in case a bad batch is identified and the fasteners need to be removed from service/shelves.

I had a customer whose required washers to be the same thickness - not to a spec, but just that they were the same on each side. We found that washers from the same batch were almost always identical and likely stamped from the same sheet.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

I really liked 1 lbs increases at a time on an olympic bar. Few questions though. Is the shape of the final product gonna be rectangular or round? Is it gonna be painted or be as it is?
    Rectangular, approx 3" x 4" with rounded corners, painted black (custom color if you want to pay a few buck extra, or I can ship them bare and you can paint them yourself).

Rectangular keeps the cost down and the accuracy up.

brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hate to burst your bubble but this product has been around for ages.

http://www.amazon.com/CFF-Olympic-Fr...ctional+Plates
    ()---() York Barbell Club #26 ()---()
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #34 ||---||
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #74 []---[]
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #10 ──<//>─<\\>──

Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150771833

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    This is true, however if you buy them from a distributor like say, Fastenal, and not out of a bin - you will/can keep their control numbers the same. Places that sell large quantities of fasteners have to be able to track what manufacturer and batch they came from in case a bad batch is identified and the fasteners need to be removed from service/shelves.

I had a customer whose required washers to be the same thickness - not to a spec, but just that they were the same on each side. We found that washers from the same batch were almost always identical and likely stamped from the same sheet.
    I'm sure what you say is true, but If I'm out to buy a dozen washers, the hassle to get get them all the same thickness may not be worth it. And if they are all the same thickness, they will all weight the same but probably won't be .5 lb on the nose, since there is a 40% range in spec thickness.

Originally Posted by brucedelaney View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble but this product has been around for ages.

http://www.amazon.com/CFF-Olympic-Fr...ctional+Plates
    Don't feel bad Bruce, you're not bursting my bubble. I've known for ages what's on the market.

Rectangular, approx 3" x 4" with rounded corners, painted black (custom color if you want to pay a few buck extra, or I can ship them bare and you can paint them yourself).
    When do you think you'll be able to start selling them? I am interested in buying a set of your microplates for doing Rippetoe tricep extensions with a Swiss bar.

P.S. I think lettering could be a little better than 1/2 lbs handwriting as you have it on the plate in the picture. And please, make holes wide enough so that they could fit on specialty bars.
    Last edited by Jetigen; 01-24-2013 at 01:43 PM.

BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks, lots of good information and ideas.

I've got to keep this potential product very simple. So the objective is to be able to add weight to the bar in one pound increments. With a set of eight plates you could add one pound at a time up to four pounds, then, for the next step, switch them all for a pair of 2.5's. Of course, there is no end of combos that could be used..

As far as price goes, I'm figuring on $35.00 for a set of eight, including US shipping. Any number less than eight would be $4.00 per plate plus $5.00 shipping (not per plate, for the whole package - example, three plates would cost a total of $17.00 shipped).

The big question: Is there a market for it?
    http://www.roguefitness.com/iron-woo...nal-plates.php

Am I missng something?
    Surely if I'm paying for precision, a few bucks saved will not steer me towards some scrap metal squares over a uniformly sized and nicely finished product.
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Equipment Crew #57 [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

[]──[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #26 []──[]

❍--❍ York Barbell Club #34 ❍--❍

☆☆☆ That On3 Cr3w That Has Too Much Pow3r Cr3w ☆☆☆

Originally Posted by BloodType3R View Post
    http://www.roguefitness.com/iron-woo...nal-plates.php

Am I missng something?
    Surely if I'm paying for precision, a few bucks saved will not steer me towards some scrap metal squares over a uniformly sized and nicely finished product.
    They are not made from scrap, they are uniformly sized, and painted black, like 90% of normal weight plates.If your preference is for circles rather than rectangles, that's fine. Appreciate the comments.

Originally Posted by BloodType3R View Post
    Am I missng something?
    He uses different approach. There is just one fraction: 1/2 lbs. It makes micro weight increases easier compared to multi-fractional plates. You just keep putting his 1/2 lbs plates on the bar till they reach total of 2 lbs. The next step you use 2.5 plate and start over with the 1/2 plates. To me this way is more user convenient.

I am also gonna get the traditional multi-fractional set for on-the-bar weight calibration.