bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question Help with PL info.

My gym is geared for old people(50+) and fat loss. There is one power rack and 1 olympic bar, that's used for everything but I have no problem because I'm the only person that really uses it. There are a few bodybuilder type but they always use smith and dumbells.
    What I want to know is where you guys go to learn more about PLing and were you learn about meets and such.
    I would like to compete to see where I stand but have noone to ask anything except you guys.

takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bradmath1 View Post
    My gym is geared for old people(50+) and fat loss. There is one power rack and 1 olympic bar, that's used for everything but I have no problem because I'm the only person that really uses it. There are a few bodybuilder type but they always use smith and dumbells.
    What I want to know is where you guys go to learn more about PLing and were you learn about meets and such.
    I would like to compete to see where I stand but have noone to ask anything except you guys.
    You had me until "old people".

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

ThatGuyDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatGuyDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatGuyDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatGuyDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatGuyDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatGuyDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatGuyDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatGuyDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatGuyDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatGuyDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatGuyDave is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
    I'm fairly new to pling aswell, why is it that everyone advises people to gain weight?
    meet lifts/gym lifts
    S-175kg/170kg
    B- 122.5g/120kg
    D- 222.5kg/222.5kg
    T- 515kg @ 145

carletonperformanceandnutrition.co.uk

^^ Nutrition and performance advice ^^

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ThatGuyDave View Post
    I'm fairly new to pling aswell, why is it that everyone advises people to gain weight?
    Fat, to some degree, improves leverages. Increasing muscle mass will also increase cross-sectional area and improve leverages. More muscle will also mean more muscle fibers for your CNS to fire off at once thus moving more weight. Also, you don't want to be a tall guy in the lighter weight classes because you will be competing against guys who have a shorter ROM than you and much more muscle mass. 132 lbs weight class is for like 5' dudes. At a national meet, I was one of the tallest dudes in the 220 weight class.
    1372 @ 205

Boynton Barbell Center:

YouTube Channel:

ThatGuyDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatGuyDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatGuyDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatGuyDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatGuyDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatGuyDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatGuyDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatGuyDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatGuyDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatGuyDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatGuyDave is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Fat, to some degree, improves leverages. Increasing muscle mass will also increase cross-sectional area and improve leverages. More muscle will also mean more muscle fibers for your CNS to fire off at once thus moving more weight. Also, you don't want to be a tall guy in the lighter weight classes because you will be compete against guys who have a shorter ROM than you and much more muscle mass. 132 lbs weight class is for like 5' dudes.
    Ok, that makes alot of sense, thanks!
    meet lifts/gym lifts
    S-175kg/170kg
    B- 122.5g/120kg
    D- 222.5kg/222.5kg
    T- 515kg @ 145

carletonperformanceandnutrition.co.uk

^^ Nutrition and performance advice ^^

bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I dunno sounds like either they don't like the idea of weight classes or everyone need to look(lbs) like they lift???

Sorry for the "old" comment I mean my gym is more of a seniors gym so I can't ask where the next PL meet is but could deffinatly tell you were bingo is.

takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I dunno sounds like either they don't like the idea of weight classes or everyone need to look(lbs) like they lift???

Sorry for the "old" comment I mean my gym is more of a seniors gym so I can't ask where the next PL meet is but could deffinatly tell you were bingo is.
    Just keep diggin'...

^^lol I put foot in mouth I see^^

It has nothing to do with looking like you lift. Powerlifters aren't concerned with that. But we still believe in reality. And reality dictates that muscle is what moves weight, obviously with an efficient CNS at the helm. So you need muscle mass. A 5' dude at 165 lbs is going to have much more muscle mass than a 5'11" dude at 165 lbs. So with equal training age, I think everyone would bet on the 5' dude winning in a head 2 head competition. If you don't believe me, go look up some world record holders see how tall they are and what weight class they are in. You won't see any 6' dudes dominating the 132 weight class.
    1372 @ 205

Boynton Barbell Center:

YouTube Channel:

Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It has nothing to do with looking like you lift. Powerlifters aren't concerned with that. But we still believe in reality. And reality dictates that muscle is what moves weight, obviously with an efficient CNS at the helm. So you need muscle mass. A 5' dude at 165 lbs is going to have much more muscle mass than a 5'11" dude at 165 lbs. So with equal training age, I think everyone would bet on the 5' dude winning in a head 2 head competition. If you don't believe me, go look up some world record holders see how tall they are and what weight class they are in. You won't see any 6' dudes dominating the 132 weight class.
    I hope youre joking...its common knowledge the judges take physique into consideration at meets
    IG: kenneth_prime

Makes good sense.
    Thanks for the info. Since I've been training everytime I meet a goal as far as weight moved and new PR's it feels so much better than the new body I've built(both are great) so I've really come to like the powerlifting end of this sport more and at this point don't see myself as a future record breaker(yet) but definatly am pursing some PL events and build a better knowledge of the sport.