WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Any jobs that I can do with a Personal Training degree and a Psychology degree?

So I'm about to get my BS in Psych and I am working on a personal training certification degree. I'm thinking of doing something such as helping people with mental disabilities workout. Are there any other types of jobs like this that I can do with a duel psychology and personal training certification?
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.

You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.

The greatest achievement was at first, and for a time, but a dream.

jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You could work as a recreational therapist.. There's a facility near my university, it was formerly known as a Retardation Center but changed the name to Regional Center.. My university sent many exercise students there to do practicums/internships. That's about the only type of profession I can think of that you seem to be aiming for.

Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    IMHO you could be a great PT. Half of my job is psychology, behavioral and mental. I am glad I took some psych classes when getting my undergrad, cause it paid off. Being able to help people change their life outside the gym is the biggest obstacle a PT can face, and a little human psychology can sometimes be the answer, because everyone has different mental and emotional needs. As far as specializing, I am not sure on careers in the field, maybe in extreme weight loss clients. But every PT should take some psych classes to better understand why their clients act and think the way they do. It only makes you that much more valuable as a trainer!
    "There is no one right way, everyone is different"

-B.S. Pre-Med/Biology from CMU and ex-CMU Wide Receiver
    -NASM CPT, PES, CES
    -Current trainer of elite athletes
    -Future Elite BowHunter and certified Lungcutter

Official 1st Phorm Ambassador

https://coachmatt.1stphorm.com/

AtomicMule is on a distinguished road. (+10) AtomicMule is on a distinguished road. (+10) AtomicMule is on a distinguished road. (+10) AtomicMule is on a distinguished road. (+10) AtomicMule is on a distinguished road. (+10) AtomicMule is on a distinguished road. (+10) AtomicMule is on a distinguished road. (+10) AtomicMule is on a distinguished road. (+10) AtomicMule is on a distinguished road. (+10) AtomicMule is on a distinguished road. (+10) AtomicMule is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Footballa_19 View Post
    IMHO you could be a great PT. Half of my job is psychology, behavioral and mental. I am glad I took some psych classes when getting my undergrad, cause it paid off. Being able to help people change their life outside the gym is the biggest obstacle a PT can face, and a little human psychology can sometimes be the answer, because everyone has different mental and emotional needs. As far as specializing, I am not sure on careers in the field, maybe in extreme weight loss clients. But every PT should take some psych classes to better understand why their clients act and think the way they do. It only makes you that much more valuable as a trainer!

With another certificate in hypnosis you could look into become a sports hypnotist. Giving local athletes the edge in performance enhancement.

I too have a psychology degree - which is not an exercise physiology degree - so make the most of the way it differentiates you from other trainers!

Dealing with motivation, dietary behavior modification/habit-forming, and emotional eating are all relevant areas for fitness.

Hypnotherapy for weight loss and smoking cessation can be very helpful, too. Hypnosis is a great way to apply a psych degree without going through the rigmarole of practicum, licensing and supervision. You deal with high-functioning clients (who are more likely to be able to pay).

One of the most important factors that influence client outcomes is - rapport. Degree types and licenses are not accurate predictors of client success. Those vital eating habits can be very psychologically-influenced.

Personally with one hypnosis session my whole eating habit changed forever. Food was no longer the reward it once had been. Which for me was more critical for weight loss than hitting the gym heavy for months and months.

Good luck!

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by WannaGetJACKED View Post
    So I'm about to get my BS in Psych and I am working on a personal training certification degree. I'm thinking of doing something such as helping people with mental disabilities workout. Are there any other types of jobs like this that I can do with a duel psychology and personal training certification?
    PT certification degree? Is there a such thing?
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

ScapMan is not very well liked. (-100) ScapMan is not very well liked. (-100) ScapMan is not very well liked. (-100) ScapMan is not very well liked. (-100) ScapMan is not very well liked. (-100) ScapMan is not very well liked. (-100) ScapMan is not very well liked. (-100) ScapMan is not very well liked. (-100) ScapMan is not very well liked. (-100) ScapMan is not very well liked. (-100) ScapMan is not very well liked. (-100)
    GNC and/or Vitamin Shoppe...

nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For one, if you want to be a PT you shouldn't have the MINDSET of an employee and having a JOB because the most successful PT's are self-employed business owners, usually working from home in the weekends writing plans, and then at a studio, park or gym where they rent a space for $250-350 per week...

So I would start by asking yourself if you want to be a business owner first, and then decide which NECHE market you want to target in the health and fitness field as a qualified personal trainer.
    Nick Ritchie
    NLP, Hypnotist, Online Fitness Coach

Join My 12 Week Transformation Program:

http://nickritchielive.com/transformation-program

Trollin4Tuna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What were your internships in?

BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)
    burger king? walmart?

BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by nickdavid View Post
    For one, if you want to be a PT you shouldn't have the MINDSET of an employee and having a JOB because the most successful PT's are self-employed business owners, usually working from home in the weekends writing plans, and then at a studio, park or gym where they rent a space for $250-350 per week...

So I would start by asking yourself if you want to be a business owner first, and then decide which NECHE market you want to target in the health and fitness field as a qualified personal trainer.
    depends on how you define"successful". Are we talking ability to get results, or ability to get people to write you a check?