mistikempire will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistikempire will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistikempire will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistikempire will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistikempire will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistikempire will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistikempire will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistikempire will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistikempire will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistikempire will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistikempire will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Time to change my chest routine, advice needed

Hello guys, i have been following my chest workouts for more then a year now, an was satisfied at first with the results but now, i need something more complex to really push me to the next level along with, increase size.

My chest program usually follows something like this:

Incline dumbell press - 4 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6
    Decline Dumbell Press - 4 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6
    Heavy Dumbell Flys - 4 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6
    Dips - 3 x 12

So can anyone suggest more excercises or change up in routine

PhilB000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mistikempire View Post
    Hello guys, i have been following my chest workouts for more then a year now, an was satisfied at first with the results but now, i need something more complex to really push me to the next level along with, increase size.

Dips - 3 x 12

You should always be changing up your workouts whether it's sets, reps, or rest periods, exercises, even switching dumbbell and barbell exercises. Skeletal muscle is extremely adaptive and will quickly adapt to the stress that is your workout. By not varying your exercises, while you will certainly experience gains in mass and strength, you are not necessarily doing what is optimal.

If you never do bench press, consider mixing it in. It is after all "the king" of all exercies (*debatable) but it is an outstanding exercise nonetheless.

Don't be afraid to mix in sets of 15 reps when doing isolation exercises e.g. cable flys

Always keep your muscles guessing try having two chest programs an A and B.

A could be:

Flat Bench Press
    Incline DB Press
    Incline DB Fly
    Cable Fly

B something like:

Dips
    Flat DB press
    Incline Fly
    Fly Machine

It really doesn't matter too much what exercises you do just switch things up.

KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by PhilB000 View Post
    You should always be changing up your workouts whether it's sets, reps, or rest periods, exercises, even switching dumbbell and barbell exercises. Skeletal muscle is extremely adaptive and will quickly adapt to the stress that is your workout. By not varying your exercises, while you will certainly experience gains in mass and strength, you are not necessarily doing what is optimal.

If you never do bench press, consider mixing it in. It is after all "the king" of all exercies (*debatable) but it is an outstanding exercise nonetheless.

Don't be afraid to mix in sets of 15 reps when doing isolation exercises e.g. cable flys

Always keep your muscles guessing try having two chest programs an A and B.

A could be:

Flat Bench Press
    Incline DB Press
    Incline DB Fly
    Cable Fly

B something like:

Dips
    Flat DB press
    Incline Fly
    Fly Machine

It really doesn't matter too much what exercises you do just switch things up.
    ^Terrible advice.

If you are still making good gains I wouldn't change anything. If you are doing "heavy" flys you might be doing that exercise wrong.

You really need to provide more information to get a proper answer, and even then it is dependent on a person to person basis.

Have some of your chest exercises stalled and others have not? How long have you been lifting for? What frequency a week do you train chest? Have you stalled in other muscle parts as well? etc etc etc
    Last edited by KingOfLimbs; 01-28-2013 at 11:36 AM.

SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Dips - 3 x 12

Instead of doing 12 10 8 6 do 8 8 8 8 if completed next time do 9 9 9 9 and so on if u fail to complete a set next time repeat it example u get sumthing like this " 9 9 8 7 " next time try to get 9 9 9 9 untill u hit 4x12 then reset to 8 while increasing weight, do flat instead of decline and do barbell instead of db in incline for a change.
    MUST READ about back development : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151735043

MUST READ about shoulders development : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151861353

easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Mix up the rep schemes, maybe some low rep sets, try doing straight sets (my preference). Switch DB for BB. I wouldn't change my workout every week though, that doesn't sound right. This is all assuming you've stalled out on your current workout.

adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Dips - 3 x 12

Define Heavy.

If you want to switch, maybe do flat db bench? Cable Crossovers, when done with proper form, really burn the chesticles. Higher reps at lower weight. Cable flyes are good as well.

If you want to increase your size, you gotta eat more. Period.
    I remove my shirt to poop crew
    Hookey Pookey crew

Captain Funpants' Poop Log of Excellence:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146431903

Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PhilB000 View Post
    Is this muscle confusion? What usually works for me is when you're about to go the gym on your chest day, you do squats instead. Your chest will be so confused...massive gainz.

adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ninetysix View Post
    Is this muscle confusion? What usually works for me is when you're about to go the gym on your chest day, you do squats instead. Your chest will be so confused...massive gainz.
    Fukin lol
    I remove my shirt to poop crew
    Hookey Pookey crew

Captain Funpants' Poop Log of Excellence:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146431903