Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SUNDAR.ENIGMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SUNDAR.ENIGMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SUNDAR.ENIGMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SUNDAR.ENIGMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SUNDAR.ENIGMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SUNDAR.ENIGMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Essential Supplements For A Beginner

Hi, currently i am trying lose weight and i am planning to hit the gym once i reach my ideal weight cause then i will have more freedom to eat surplus of calories to build muscle which is what i have always wanted to, kindly suggest me the supplements that i should be buying before i start working out and when would it be necessary for me to buy stuff like Creatine Monohydrate and Glutamine?

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    For a beginner, worry about

1. Training consistency
    2. Diet
    3. Rest

I know that isn't what you wanted to hear. However, without those things, supplements will do you no good. If you need a little energy to workout, caffeine tabs are cheap but effective.

Ellis42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellis42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellis42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellis42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellis42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellis42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellis42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellis42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellis42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellis42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellis42 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by llahhsoj View Post

1. Training consistency
    2. Diet
    3. Rest

I know that isn't what you wanted to hear. However, without those things, supplements will do you no good. If you need a little energy to workout, caffeine tabs are cheap but effective.
    ^^great advise

Supplements are not magic like many think, you can't just take a pill and lose weight or drink a protein shake and gain muscle without a good diet and training plan
    Within Me Lies The Soul Of A Gladiator, And The Heart Of A Lion

iForce Hemavol review:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151140643

iForce Compete review:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151141253

I Rep all MILITARY on sight

Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SUNDAR.ENIGMA View Post
    Hi, currently i am trying lose weight and i am planning to hit the gym once i reach my ideal weight cause then i will have more freedom to eat surplus of calories to build muscle which is what i have always wanted to, kindly suggest me the supplements that i should be buying before i start working out and when would it be necessary for me to buy stuff like Creatine Monohydrate and Glutamine?
    The only supplements I take are 1000 iu vitamin d (because I live in the uk and we barely get any sun) and 3g of fish oil (because I don't really eat much fish) other than that you don't really need any supplements. Just make sure you get the right amount of calories in and get plenty of vitamins from your diet and you will be fine.

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

1. Training consistency
    2. Diet
    3. Rest

Good advice
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

SUNDAR.ENIGMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SUNDAR.ENIGMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SUNDAR.ENIGMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SUNDAR.ENIGMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SUNDAR.ENIGMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SUNDAR.ENIGMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh ya i forgot to mention i'm planning to follow the workout and diet from Arnold's encyclopedia and i just had a few doubts regarding supplements as it is not available easily in the place where i live so wanted some opinions

nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

1. Training consistency
    2. Diet
    3. Rest

Yes. I might suggest fish oil as a starter, keep your joints in good shape among other things!
    Fck your "Company rep rule violation"

mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

1. Training consistency
    2. Diet
    3. Rest

^...He always knows whats up

Originally Posted by nugget5 View Post
    Yes. I might suggest fish oil as a starter, keep your joints in good shape among other things!
    And fish oil is good for overall health OP.

dbh332 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbh332 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbh332 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbh332 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbh332 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbh332 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbh332 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbh332 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbh332 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbh332 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbh332 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would say eat right and the only supplement that you should get is a multi and fish oils. Then later on when you continue working out than if you like to get protein and creatine.
    git 'er done

Thanks for the advise people, so will concentrate more on workout and nutrition more

AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ESSENTIAL SUPPLEMENTS
    -None

VERY HELPFUL SUPPLEMENTS
    -Whey protein
    -Multivitamin

SOMEWHAT HELPFUL SUPPLEMENTS
    -Pre-workout
    -Creatine mono
    -Fat burner

NOT WORTH IT
    -Most other stuff

In my opinion anyway, no doubt peeps will have varying opinions on this.

kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't understand why your not gonna go to gym to help you get to lose weight???

Originally Posted by kenny85 View Post
    i'm doing cardio on an empty stomach and some bodyweight exercises to lose fat

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i'm doing cardio on an empty stomach and some bodyweight exercises to lose fat
    Not a great idea.

Weights + cardio would make you lose body fat much quicker. I personally wouldnt do cardio on an empty stomach
    Controlled Labs Warder

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

and i wanna get down my body fat to less than 20 % before entering a weight training program to build muscle

Originally Posted by powercage View Post
    Not a great idea.

Weights + cardio would make you lose body fat much quicker. I personally wouldnt do cardio on an empty stomach
    But in many articles i have read it said you can't build muscle and lose weight at the same time??? my ultimate goal is the build muscle so i thought may be i should first get my bodyweight down and then start working out with weights and eat more calories to build muscle

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    and i wanna get down my body fat to less than 20 % before entering a weight training program to build muscle
    Your body and all, but why cut, then bulk and get fatty again only to need to cut?

But in many articles i have read it said you can't build muscle and lose weight at the same time??? my ultimate goal is the build muscle so i thought may be i should first get my bodyweight down and then start working out with weights and eat more calories to build muscle
    You will have much better results instituting a weight program and minimal cardio.
    Controlled Labs Warder

Originally Posted by lucia316 View Post
    Your body and all, but why cut, then bulk and get fatty again only to need to cut?
    so if i start eating a surplus of calories while working out in the gym with a goal to build muscle will an obese guy like me still lose weight?

kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Not trying to be negative but it sounds like you have the mindset that this will happen overnight. It's not a sprint it's a marathon. Like many have stated already without a proper diet and workout routine then your not going to get anywhere. Read the nutrition stickies if you haven't already, tons of great info over there. Sounds like you want to get results, just a little confused on where to get started

You will have much better results instituting a weight program and minimal cardio.
    okay but do i have to eat more than the maintenance level of my current bodyweight because right now i am obese.

lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    so if i start eating a surplus of calories while working out in the gym with a goal to build muscle will an obese guy like me still lose weight?
    No, you're bulking. The goal is to gain weight and muscle is more dense (heavier) than fat.

Not trying to be negative but it sounds like you have the mindset that this will happen overnight. It's not a sprint it's a marathon. Like many have stated already without a proper diet and workout routine then your not going to get anywhere. Read the nutrition stickies if you haven't already, tons of great info over there. Sounds like you want to get results, just a little confused on where to get started
    no not at all i am open for suggestions and appreciate your advise but since July last year i have lost close to 30 pounds and i do know that a transformation would not happen overnight and i have always been patient and dedicated during my weight loss program.

okay but do i have to eat more than the maintenance level of my current bodyweight because right now i am obese.
    Id just eat around maintenance or slightly below. You can recomp.
    Controlled Labs Warder

You really need to spend some time in the nutrition forums and not worry about supplements.

no not at all i am open for suggestions and appreciate your advise but since July last year i have lost close to 30 pounds and i do know that a transformation would not happen overnight and i have always been patient and dedicated during my weight loss program.
    Just get on a routine and work all areas and consistently eat at a deficit

Id just eat around maintenance or slightly below. You can recomp.
    okay will join a gym, eat right and see if it would help me lose fat in an efficient manner

okay will join a gym, eat right and see if it would help me lose fat in an efficient manner
    Keep in mind, the more lean muscle mass you have the higher your basal metabolic rate.

It will be easier for you to lose fat. Do not use a scale btw.
    Controlled Labs Warder

it looked bigger at 130 Lawlzorz's Avatar
    Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    multi
    greens
    fishoil
    fibre
    whey
    PC Master Race (Minesweeper 60+ FPS)

Keep in mind, the more lean muscle mass you have the higher your basal metabolic rate.

It will be easier for you to lose fat. Do not use a scale btw.
    no i always prefer to use clothes, mirror and photos :P