LiveStrongly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiveStrongly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiveStrongly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiveStrongly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiveStrongly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiveStrongly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiveStrongly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiveStrongly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiveStrongly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiveStrongly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiveStrongly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Exclamation Need opinions on comine stats...

Misc. give me srs opinion
    I'm trying out for football. UH Manoa as a walkon. Had several issues medically stopping me from training consistently. very off and on.

today is the first day in the field in 3 weeks. very out of shape feeling. The combine is on the 15th of Feb. I want to know what my chances even look like solely based on my combine stats as of right now. and what i aim for it to realistically be by the combine. which is in 19 days.

40yd dash: 4.5 (current) (did 4.4 over 3 weeks ago. hoping to get it back to 4.4 flat....)

Vert: 36inches. today is 1st time testing it. im 190 lbs. 6'0.5 . not sure if thats very good or bad. wanting to get 38+ on combine day...

Broad jump: NEVER tested this until today...9ft. 10 inches. hoping to break 10ft at least.

20yd pro shuffle: no official time. still trying to get that down.

225lb Bench: Could do 225 x 9 before. now its a lot less...maybe 5..due to chest pain problems. wanting to get it to atleast 8 reps..im hoping a low 225 reps will not hugely affect chances.

idk brahs i have doubts. but i feel like i can work with 19 days. gonna be hard...

LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It all depends on what position you are playing. Overall your 40 time is good, your vertical jump is fine, your broad jump could be longer, and you should be able to do more on bench.

What really matters though is how you perform on the field, that is what the coaches are going to be looking at.
    College Football Training Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152135513

Maxs:
    Barbell Bench Press - 295 lbs
    Squat - 455 lbs
    Deadlift - 425 lbs
    Hang Clean - 270 lbs

LiveStrongly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiveStrongly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiveStrongly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiveStrongly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiveStrongly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiveStrongly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiveStrongly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiveStrongly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiveStrongly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiveStrongly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiveStrongly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LuckSide View Post
    It all depends on what position you are playing. Overall your 40 time is good, your vertical jump is fine, your broad jump could be longer, and you should be able to do more on bench.

What really matters though is how you perform on the field, that is what the coaches are going to be looking at.
    i know. my only concern right now is how those stats loook. because i know how i perform is what matters. but will any of this catch their attention is what im hoping. going for WR.

LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The 40 time and if the vertical can get up to 38 that would look pretty good too. That is what you will initially need anyways.
    College Football Training Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152135513

Maxs:
    Barbell Bench Press - 295 lbs
    Squat - 455 lbs
    Deadlift - 425 lbs
    Hang Clean - 270 lbs

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LiveStrongly View Post
    i know. my only concern right now is how those stats loook. because i know how i perform is what matters. but will any of this catch their attention is what im hoping. going for WR.
    If you run a 4.5 in front of them, they will love it. Don't worry about working hard to get a 4.4 and end up just tiring yourself out before the tryout. You should also completely rest a few days prior to the tryout. A 4.4 would be great, but so would a 4.5.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LiveStrongly View Post
    today is the first day in the field in 3 weeks. very out of shape feeling. The combine is on the 15th of Feb. I want to know what my chances even look like solely based on my combine stats as of right now. and what i aim for it to realistically be by the combine. which is in 19 days.
    going to be weak sauce compared to all the guys who were able to train properly for the "combine". Unfortunately, sometimes people get keeping medical issues which makes it impossible for them to achieve what they want to do in the athletic field or in other endeavors like SOF selection.

I'll stand back and let the rainbows and unicorn crowd flame me, but you need to get damn honest with yor medical conditions and if they will ever allow you to participate in a contact sport.

JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your 40yd and vert are great, especially considering you're only 20. Your bench is your limiting factor. I'd be surprised if they didn't take you on due to the speed and leg power you have but it also depends on these 'medical conditions'.

Originally Posted by JardmanOLB View Post
    Your 40yd and vert are great, especially considering you're only 20. Your bench is your limiting factor. I'd be surprised if they didn't take you on due to the speed and leg power you have but it also depends on these 'medical conditions'.
    the medical issues were more for pre caution. heart pain. cardiologist has almost given me the all clear. ive been able to train this week. felt great. ithink i was just having panic episodes. but all the test show great. hes geting to me on holter monitor test results on wed. this week. which he really thinks ill be fine. i do too.

JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000)
    I saw you say in the misc thread that your chest is weaker due to an operation that went through your chest, was that to do with your heart? Are you sure you should be playing a sport where you can suffer huge impact to that area of your body, not to mention concussions that can also cause complications.

MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    if doctor gave you the all clear go for it

bench doesnt matter

comes down to body language, attitude and how many balls you drop on the day. if you dont drop any balls and you run a 4.5 then youre useful.

jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Really the only relevant test there for a WR is the vertical.

Coaches really don't put much weight into combine numbers unless they are extremely low or extremely high, and even then that is only an attention grabber; means very little.

I can take a kid that runs a 5.0, and make him run a 4.7 in the same session simply by tweaking his start. Did I make him .3 faster? No, I just made him better at the test. Coaches know this, and a fast 40yd time only tell them that you've practiced the test. The exception is the NFL combine where everyone practices the tests; then it matters a little more.

They'll pay much closer attention to how smooth you run in your routes, and obviously how well you catch. I would recommend spending 90% of your speed/agility time on the field running smooth routes. You can throw in a couple 40's and shuttle runs a week to keep good technique.