Vanch333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Looking To Buy A Rowing Machine, But Which One (On A Budget)?

I have around £300 ($485) MAXIMUM to spend and am looking for the best rowing machine or at least a semi decent one that I can afford with that budget. I live in the UK also if anybody knows of anywhere in the UK to buy decent rowing machines.

Do you guys have any idea what type of Rowing Machine to look for with a budget of around £300?

I know that the Concept 2 is currently the best on the market apparently, but with a price of over £1,000 ($1,610) I can't afford it, so I'm looking for something that is of decent quality & lastable.

I'd like it to have a respectable amount of resistance so that I'm able to perform HIIT type workouts on it if possible.

Thanks guys, would really appreciate some ideas/names of decent rowers if you know of any.

BJMoose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

C2 not the cheapest, but the best value!

Disclaimer: this does not directly answer OP's question.

That said, yes, the Concept2 (C2) erg is without question the finest rowing machine one can have. It not only gives me a cardio workout, but also supplies reasonable strength and flexibility benefits. I'd encourage you to find a way to go with C2, one way or another. One thought would be to go with an older, user unit, like a Model C with a PM2 monitor, rather than the current Models D & E with PM3/4. You will get essentially the same workout benefits, as the suckers last forever. My Model D is still relatively young, but after more than 2,000,000 meters rowed, still looks and operates like new. Hence purchasing used should not only get you a good machine, but one you can sell years later for close to what you paid.

Start by looking at the UK's very active Concept2 Website, in their Forum Marketplace. I don't post much, so I can't give you a direct link, but type the following: concept2 <dot> co <dot> uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=7. There, Model Cs seem to go for £400-500. Yes, that's more than you were looking to pay, hence the initial disclaimer. But you are still getting a top-notch erg that will hold its value nearly forever.

Sorry that's all the advice I can give; the C2 is the only erg I have owned. Or wanted to own, based on the other makes used at clubs/gyms.