Thread: Hear me out..

IrishJack89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishJack89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishJack89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishJack89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishJack89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishJack89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishJack89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishJack89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishJack89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishJack89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishJack89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hear me out..

Until last year I always carried a bit of weight, nothing serious but always over a bf of say 16%. I've always worked out or played sports, my diet has just always been crap and when I hit the gym I never worked out efficiently! Then last year I said I had enough, I said I was getting a 6 pack no matter what it takes!
    So I did my bit of homework, said I would clean up my diet, followed a proper weights programme. Seemed like the weight just fell off me, went from 76kg to 70kg and got good shape to my muscles.
    I put it down mainly to my diet, I was unreal dedicated, nearly a bit OCD about the whole thing but I had serious will-power in that I could say no to snacking or resist the slighest craving for some tastey food! It felt great & I often thought to myself how I didnt do this sooner, that it was so easy!
    But then last July I said lets put on a bit of size so I decided to bulk. It wasnt a clean bulk in that I tracked macros & calories but I was really careful with what I ate & never ate s**t!
    But as the weeks went on I started just eating loads to the point where I was fit to get sick and not for the sake of bulking but because I wanted to! I've since managed to get a hold of eating but I'm far from where I used to be.
    So the reason I'm writing this is because I want to know how do I get back to where I was a year ago, where eating well and in moderation was 'easy'? As it stands I'm eating only about average 250-300 cals above my target amount but those cals are mainly carbs & eaten late at night. Its like I have no will power to just say no, your not hungry now go to bed.. I wonder do I have to wait until I get overweight or where I start getting slagged for being overweight before I decide to do something again. If anyone has any advice on how to break this barrier and get back on track it would be greatly appreciated!

Location: Fleetwood, Lancashire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    1) Maybe its your body telling you that you need to re-adjust your goals? You might have put on enough muscle that you need more calories now?

2) If its just a mental thing, maybe your subconscious is just tired of the discipline - willpower needs rest just like muscles.

If I was you, and I'd double checked all my macros to make sure I was eating enough, i'd take a week off.

Just forget about it all for a week, eat what you like, when you like. Relax. Just for a week. If you're anything like me, a week of subway and McDonalds will be more than enough time for the self loathing and guilt to kick in and you'll be back on track in no time lol.