Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    run5ever is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) run5ever is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) run5ever is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) run5ever is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) run5ever is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) run5ever is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) run5ever is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) run5ever is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) run5ever is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) run5ever is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) run5ever is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

How do guys eat so much without getting fat??

I know your calorie requirements are higher but I didn't realize you ate bowls of peanut butter, whole plates of cookies, pop tarts, ice cream, fried foods, burgers, etc. and were still able to bodybuild? Is this only for bulking? I only eat clean foods, but still rarely go above 1200-1500, even if I need extra energy/calories to work out...

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by run5ever View Post
    I only eat clean foods, but still rarely go above 1200-1500, even if I need extra energy/calories to work out...
    It sounds like you're developing or have already developed an eating disorder.

TomLynx is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomLynx is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomLynx is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomLynx is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomLynx is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomLynx is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomLynx is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomLynx is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomLynx is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomLynx is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomLynx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    by lifting + men have a higher calorie expendure
    I knew a man who once said death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.

run5ever is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) run5ever is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) run5ever is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) run5ever is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) run5ever is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) run5ever is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) run5ever is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) run5ever is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) run5ever is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) run5ever is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) run5ever is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by TomLynx View Post
    by lifting + men have a higher calorie expendure
    Yeah but lifting doesn't even burn that many calories....

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I know your calorie requirements are higher but I didn't realize you ate bowls of peanut butter, whole plates of cookies, pop tarts, ice cream, fried foods, burgers, etc. and were still able to bodybuild? Is this only for bulking? I only eat clean foods, but still rarely go above 1200-1500, even if I need extra energy/calories to work out...
    Let's take a look at FitnessFrog's TDEE calculator.

If I am 22 years old, with my input stats of 158lbs and 5'10. I also exercise 5 days a week.

My maintenance caloric level would be 2773.

In order to keep my current weight at 158lbs, I need to at least eat 2773 calories on a daily basis. I am also currently bulking and I desire to gain 0.75lb to 1lb per week. So I need to eat 333-500 calories surplus everyday.

At the end of the day, your body does not read if the protein you ate were either nuts, pepperoni, steak, whey or chicken, it only reads protein as ... protein. Same thing goes for carbs. Even if you ate brown rice or white rice, your body only reads carbs as a source of carb.

So by following IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros), macronutrients being fat, protein and carbs, you will achieve your caloric goals on a daily basis with any food you want. Thus, the reason why people can afford to eat either spinach or white potato as their source of carb, or eat a slice of conventional pizza instead of a whole wheat pita pizza.

Everyone's TDEE is different. Men vs Women have a big different of caloric intake per day.

Yeah but lifting doesn't even burn that many calories....
    You're misinformed. A great workout can potentially burn a great amount of calories. Not only it burns calories but will build our muscles if we are on a caloric surplus, or help retain as much muscle on a caloric deficit.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000)
    There's a cool exercise called sit-ups.

kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Men are designed to eat like cavemen, plain and simple

TooShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) TooShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) TooShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) TooShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) TooShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) TooShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) TooShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) TooShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) TooShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) TooShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) TooShredded is a name known to all. (+5000)
    We have way more muscle mass which explains the higher maintenance, it's not only about the weight/height. Also, female are genetically prone to store fat which might explain why it's harder
    I run faster horny than you do scared

LGeX is just really nice. (+1000) LGeX is just really nice. (+1000) LGeX is just really nice. (+1000) LGeX is just really nice. (+1000) LGeX is just really nice. (+1000) LGeX is just really nice. (+1000) LGeX is just really nice. (+1000) LGeX is just really nice. (+1000) LGeX is just really nice. (+1000) LGeX is just really nice. (+1000) LGeX is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dat dere metabolism. I can eat a whole pizza and gain not one pound.
    ☆☆☆FLORIDA GATORS CREW☆☆☆

+++HEAT NATION+++

ΠΚΑ

“To create more positive results in your life, replace ‘if only’ with ‘next time’.”

How do you figure out your specific macros and like protein/carb/fat requirements?

kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How do you figure out your specific macros and like protein/carb/fat requirements?
    Check out the stickies in the nutrition forum. One of them is for figuring all that out. You could also google it an it will dozens of websites that have calculators on them to figure out your needs

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Read stickies.

One of our stickies regards to IIFYM and basic nutrition says that we need certain minimum requirements for two macros.

Fat: 0.4g per lean body mass in pounds (lbs)
    Protein: 1g per lean body mass in pounds (lbs)

For example, I eat 57g of fat and 136g of protein as a minimum per day, then I dump most of my remaining calories on carbs.

And for macros 101;
    - 1g of Fat: 9 calories
    - 1g of Protein: 4 calories
    - 1g of Carbs: 4 calories

Like I said, run5ever, I did post a link on a reply I did earlier about FitnessFrog's TDEE calculator. That tells you exactly how much calories you need to eat per day in order to maintain your current weight.

For me, it's 2774 in order to maintain (around), I am also bulking so I eat like 3200 per day.

So by eating 57g of fat which is 513 calories and 136g of protein which is 544 calories, I am at 1057 calories. So I dump the rest of 2143 calories on carbs (and/or fat and/or protein).

My daily macros are like 80g fat, 150g protein and 470g carbs.

TooShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) TooShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) TooShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) TooShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) TooShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) TooShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) TooShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) TooShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) TooShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) TooShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) TooShredded is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by softpounder View Post
    Read stickies.

One of our stickies regards to IIFYM and basic nutrition says that we need certain minimum requirements for two macros.

For example, I eat 57g of fat and 136g of protein as a minimum per day, then I dump most of my remaining calories on carbs.

And for macros 101;

Like I said, run5ever, I did post a link on a reply I did earlier about FitnessFrog's TDEE calculator. That tells you exactly how much calories you need to eat per day in order to maintain your current weight.

For me, it's 2774 in order to maintain (around), I am also bulking so I eat like 3200 per day.

So by eating 57g of fat which is 513 calories and 136g of protein which is 544 calories, I am at 1057 calories. So I dump the rest of 2143 calories on carbs (and/or fat and/or protein).

Aha take it easy brah, fait juste lui dire de se bouger le cul et de lire les ****ing stickies a la place de te forcer pour elle...Si elle est trop paresseuse pour ca ca risque de pas lui servir à grand chose anyways

Originally Posted by TooShredded View Post
    Aha take it easy brah, fait juste lui dire de se bouger le cul et de lire les ****ing stickies a la place de te forcer pour elle...Si elle est trop paresseuse pour ca ca risque de pas lui servir à grand chose anyways
    LOL - y'know or should I say tsé?

Nah, I like informing people. It's all good. Même si la femme est paresseuse en esti, j'peux pas être un trou d'cul pareil, ya diggggg.

Read stickies.

And for macros 101;

Wow thank you for all the info...super helpful! I'm confused though...what if it's something that has both fat and carbs or fat and protein in it? Like it's not chicken breast, which is basically all protein?

Wow thank you for all the info...super helpful! I'm confused though...what if it's something that has both fat and carbs or fat and protein in it? Like it's not chicken breast, which is basically all protein?
    You still count them in. Imagine almonds. There's fat, protein and a litttttttttle tiny bit of carbs. You still have to write in your total macros/calories intake.

j'suis pas paresseuse...

LaudyBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaudyBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaudyBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaudyBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaudyBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaudyBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaudyBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaudyBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaudyBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaudyBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaudyBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's called metabolism you idiot
    let them say i lived in the time of zyzz.
    *always picks 7 crew*
    *always picks 3 when 7s not a choice crew*
    *he man Rudyrude haters crew*
    *Muay Thai & BJJ crew*
    Brb bulking

You still count them in. Imagine almonds. There's fat, protein and a litttttttttle tiny bit of carbs. You still have to write in your total macros/calories intake.
    So it gets counted twice? Like multiply the grams of almonds by 9 calories for fat and then by 4 calories for protein?

LOL - y'know or should I say tsé?

Nah, I like informing people. It's all good. Même si la femme est paresseuse en esti, j'peux pas être un trou d'cul pareil, ya diggggg.
    j'suis pas paresseuse...
    So it gets counted twice? Like multiply the grams of almonds by 9 calories for fat and then by 4 calories for protein?

Bahahaha. T'aurais pu tout trouver dans les stickies en haut si t'avais lu par toi même...Et pour ta question. Quand tu lis l'info en arrière sur la fiche nutritive, les protéines, glucides et lipides qui y sont incrit sont déjà comptabilisé dans les calories indiquées sur la fiche, alors quand tu compte tes macro tu calcules juste ce qui est écris précisément dans les rangées: lipides, glucides, protéine pour la quantité que tu manges

Your making it harder than it is, not trying to be a jerk. Just count it. Count all p/f/c.

Bahahaha. T'aurais pu tout trouver dans les stickies en haut si t'avais lu par toi même...Et pour ta question. Quand tu lis l'info en arrière sur la fiche nutritive, les protéines, glucides et lipides qui y sont incrit sont déjà comptabilisé dans les calories indiquées sur la fiche, alors quand tu compte tes macro tu calcules juste ce qui est écris précisément dans les rangées: lipides, glucides, protéine pour la quantité que tu manges
    Chillax dawg, people are so misinformed, it's making me shake my head like crazy.

A lot of people are so hyped up by marketing schemes, magazines, media and friends/faketritionists so they don't even know what's the truth anymore. Remember back in the days when bras said "yo, you gotta do 5 sets of 30 reps flies in order to get a nice chest", that's fake too, so y'know.

Yes.

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-almonds-i12061

So let's say I ate exactly 24 almonds.

14g fat x 9 = 126 cals
    6g protein x 4 = 24 cals
    6g carbs x 4 = 24 cals
    = roughly around 173 although the data/table says 163 - that's because companies round up numbers to the closest decimal numbers. I always say that nutritional values have a slight margin of error of 1-3%.

lets take this as an example:

You want to eat 300g of this food. You will count: 19g of fats, 53g of carbs and 15g of protein and add those macros to what you ate for the rest of the day. At the end of the day you want to have eaten the macros you calculated

lets take this as an example:

You want to eat 300g of this food. You will count: 19g of fats, 53g of carbs and 15g of protein and add those macros to what you ate for the rest of the day. At the end of the day you want to have eaten the macros you calculated
    Amen, truth, great post. Just read labels if there's any, but if there isn't any label (chicken), just buy a cheap food scale at Wal-Mart or on ebay/amazon and start weighing food. Then use the internet or MyFitnessPal to see what the nutritional data/table/values say.

DjOnEChuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DjOnEChuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DjOnEChuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DjOnEChuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DjOnEChuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DjOnEChuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DjOnEChuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DjOnEChuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DjOnEChuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DjOnEChuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DjOnEChuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you don't want to be lost in all those calculations, just download myfitnesspal on your smartphone or go on the website. It will do everything for you !

lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    1. You are female if the avatar is accurate. You will eat less forever than a male.
    2. It's about activity. I'll have to eat 4000-4900 a day to gain depending on my activity that day based on work, house chores, lifting, etc.
    The Ultimate Resource on Dieting and Intermittent Fasting
    http://www.blastthebelly.com

Originally Posted by lvsteven View Post
    1. You are female if the avatar is accurate. You will eat less forever than a male.
    2. It's about activity. I'll have to eat 4000-4900 a day to gain depending on my activity that day based on work, house chores, lifting, etc.
    Oh man! I feel bad for you. I got a buddy that works for a construction company so he does nothing but manual labor. His maintenance is 3800.

It's crazy man.

Kittycat26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittycat26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittycat26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittycat26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittycat26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittycat26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittycat26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittycat26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittycat26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittycat26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittycat26 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Easy...

Men>women.

Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    dont worry op you may eat less but you still hold the power over us boys lol.....
    "Voracious Overeaters Crew" (JasonDB) lol

Starting weight 235 lbs(April 2012) - Oct 29/12 159.1 lbs (FAIL)

Starting weight again 230 -235 lbs May 2015 - Nov 2015.. 211.9

Bulking

It aint easy being cheesy Wantaripbod's Avatar
    Wantaripbod is a name known to all. (+5000) Wantaripbod is a name known to all. (+5000) Wantaripbod is a name known to all. (+5000) Wantaripbod is a name known to all. (+5000) Wantaripbod is a name known to all. (+5000) Wantaripbod is a name known to all. (+5000) Wantaripbod is a name known to all. (+5000) Wantaripbod is a name known to all. (+5000) Wantaripbod is a name known to all. (+5000) Wantaripbod is a name known to all. (+5000) Wantaripbod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm at 5000+ cals a day, and I'm stay quite lean.
    I dont know how I'm not fat :/
    US ARMY 74D

*Yellow Fever Crew*
    *No fap/No porn Crew*
    *Motorcycle Brah*