Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10)

4 Month Bulk Progress- should I cut now?

Bulking for 4 months now 168- 184 pounds

Should I go on a mini cut now?

I was going to cut for six weeks then go back to bulking for about another 2 months then cut to single digit bodyfat. I was told if I did a mini cut first that my body would respond to the cut better when I do my full cut to below 10% and I will drop the fat quicker second time around.

any opinions on what I should do?

also any ideas of bodyfat?

front sept 12

side sept 12

back sept 12

front Jan 13

side Jan 13

back Jan 13

irishbrah23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irishbrah23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irishbrah23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irishbrah23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irishbrah23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irishbrah23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irishbrah23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irishbrah23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irishbrah23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irishbrah23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irishbrah23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Knew you were irish by looking at you haha good bulk man i reckon another month or 2 bulking still left
    ♛ Misc Boxing crew ♛

***Irish Misc Crew***

Misc Lean Bulk Crew

100+

Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by irishbrah23 View Post
    Knew you were irish by looking at you haha good bulk man i reckon another month or 2 bulking still left
    we do have that look the irish!

original plan was to keep bulking until the end of march, but I feel like I have a bit too much bodyfat and then when a friend told me that my body would react to a cut better if I did a mini cut first then went back to bulking for 2 months then did a full cut. The mini cut would allow my body to adapt better the second time around

wants to be called Dan. hcoyle545's Avatar
    hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    too much irish ITT.

looking fairly lean still but if you're uncomfortable there's no harm in going on a quick 2 month cut to show off your gains before settling back into bulking.
    BJJ / Greyskull LP log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166276471&p=1337135191&posted=1#post1337135191

Clobosco9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clobosco9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clobosco9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clobosco9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Could do a lean bulk for a month, but if looking to put on that size, keep bulking and don't worry about the body fat. You'll force yourself to work harder to drop it once you start cutting, and you'll see the gains and be impressed. Keep it, looks good.

irishbrah23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irishbrah23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irishbrah23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irishbrah23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irishbrah23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irishbrah23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irishbrah23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irishbrah23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irishbrah23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irishbrah23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irishbrah23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Oriainarama View Post
    we do have that look the irish!

original plan was to keep bulking until the end of march, but I feel like I have a bit too much bodyfat and then when a friend told me that my body would react to a cut better if I did a mini cut first then went back to bulking for 2 months then did a full cut. The mini cut would allow my body to adapt better the second time around
    Never heard about that, but maybe, id keep bulking as you still look lean enough and by cut in 2 months for summer cause its freezing now and no one will see the hard work
    ♛ Misc Boxing crew ♛

***Irish Misc Crew***

Misc Lean Bulk Crew

100+

TLDelaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLDelaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLDelaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLDelaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLDelaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLDelaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLDelaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLDelaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLDelaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLDelaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLDelaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Doin a great job op. Holding that 16 lbs pretty well. Keep bulkin!

thanks for all the comments, might keep bulking until the end of March, just a bit nervous about cutting, never done it before so worried it won't be successful!

bump for before and after bodyfat estimations and for a guess at what bodyfat I could have after a 6 week cut?

Would I look like i'd put on much muscle after a cut, comparing to my before pic?

amenazaomar is on a distinguished road. (+10) amenazaomar is on a distinguished road. (+10) amenazaomar is on a distinguished road. (+10) amenazaomar is on a distinguished road. (+10) amenazaomar is on a distinguished road. (+10) amenazaomar is on a distinguished road. (+10) amenazaomar is on a distinguished road. (+10) amenazaomar is on a distinguished road. (+10) amenazaomar is on a distinguished road. (+10) amenazaomar is on a distinguished road. (+10) amenazaomar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you dont necessarily need to keep bulking to build muscle. You can try and just maintain for the next couple months, and that way you'll have a head start for when you're ready to start cutting. IMO its best to do a > bulk > Maintain > and then cut. good luck!!

ryang1919 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    keep eating alot of protein... dont cut just yet

Originally Posted by amenazaomar View Post
    you dont necessarily need to keep bulking to build muscle. You can try and just maintain for the next couple months, and that way you'll have a head start for when you're ready to start cutting. IMO its best to do a > bulk > Maintain > and then cut. good luck!!
    No avi, and doesnt know what he's talking about
    ♛ Misc Boxing crew ♛

***Irish Misc Crew***

Misc Lean Bulk Crew

100+

Registered User transformerchad's Avatar
    transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000)
    nice work bro

thanks for all the advice I actually think I am going to go with a cut now, go to maintenence for 2 weeks then cut for about 6 weeks until the end of March, then maybe slow bulk April and May then finish cut June and July.

to be honest there isn't much difference between doing that or my other option was keep bulking another 2 months until the end of March then cut for April May and June.

I just feel I need to change things up, getting a bit tired of bulking and curious as to how I would get on with a cut, I think i'll find it hard, as I have a really bad sweet tooth. But i'm looking forward to seeing what kind of progress I can make.

Reps for replies thanks!

Thanks again for comments, however my bulk is now finished and I am going to start a cut soon.

End of Bulk stats for anyone who cares and a few more progress pictures, flexed!

weight 168-185
    Chest 38inches to 43 inches
    waist 32.5 inches to 33 inches
    Arm 14 inches to 16.5 inches

bicep

traps

back

waxor will become famous soon enough. (+50) waxor will become famous soon enough. (+50) waxor will become famous soon enough. (+50) waxor will become famous soon enough. (+50) waxor will become famous soon enough. (+50) waxor will become famous soon enough. (+50) waxor will become famous soon enough. (+50) waxor will become famous soon enough. (+50) waxor will become famous soon enough. (+50) waxor will become famous soon enough. (+50) waxor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Awesome progress.
    What was your diet and workout like?

Originally Posted by waxor View Post
    Awesome progress.
    What was your diet and workout like?
    thanks diet wasn't too strict just ate over 2700 calories a day usually between 2700-3000, and made sure i ate at least 170g of protein, ate mostly whole foods not processed but did eat as much junk food as i wanted.

workout was a 2 day split and i worked out 4 times a week so everything got hit twice a week.

everything was 4 sets 8-12 reps
    day 1- Chest Back Bicep
    chest- barbell bench press, incline dumbell fly, incline dumbbell fly, cross bench pullover
    back- single arm dumbbell row, wide grip chin ups, lat pull, seated machine row
    bicep- machine preacher curls, standing dumbbell curls

day2- shoulders, triceps, abs, legs
    shoulders- seated overhead dumbbell press, lat raises, front raises, shrugs
    triceps- close grip bench press, weighted dips, triceps push down
    abs- whatever i wanted really, usually something involving weights.
    legs- unfortunately have a knee ligament injury so couldn't train legs over that time.

so thats its, consistently went 4 times a week, didn't always do entire workout, sometimes i left an exercise or 2 out or only did 3 sets of some exercises.

Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Oriainarama View Post

weight 168-185
    Chest 38inches to 43 inches
    waist 32.5 inches to 33 inches
    Arm 14 inches to 16.5 inches
    ... You gained 5 inches on your chest and 2.5 inches on your arms in 4 months, and only .5 inches on your waist?

I find that about as hard to swallow as a lumpy protein shake after a 1rm deadlift, no offense.

Originally Posted by Oceanbreezeez View Post
    ... You gained 5 inches on your chest and 2.5 inches on your arms in 4 months, and only .5 inches on your waist?

I find that about as hard to swallow as a lumpy protein shake after a 1rm deadlift, no offense.
    not offended at all, measurements are certainly true though, gains are correct, the only one I am not sure is correct is the waist. I feel like I've added quite a bit more fat around the waist more than .5 inches only thing I can think of is possibly I was bloated a bit first time my measurement was taken so maybe my original waist measurement may have been about 31 or 31.5 as opposed to 32.5 which was recorded.