24/7 Customer Service 1-866-236-8417 Need Help? 1-866-236-8417

Stats: 6'1", 137 lbs
    geokilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geokilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geokilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geokilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geokilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geokilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geokilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Visit geokilla's BodySpace

Slightly Torn Ligament Or Pulled Ligament in Right Foot. Recovery Suggestions?

Just a bit over two weeks ago, I either pulled my ligaments or slightly torn it in my right foot after slipping down the 2nd last step of the stairs. I went to the family doctor and either one of them was the conclusion (I forgot lol) after getting x-rayed. I did everything he told me to do, such as wear an ankle brace for 10 days, ice it 4 times a day for 2 to 3 minutes (pharmacist said 20 minutes. I did 10 minutes), and buy a cane to walk around with, which I never used as I was at home and was able to walk without limping on day 3. Anyways I went to the doctor again on Thursday to ask him about my foot, as there's still a bit of pain when I'm wearing my shoes, and lifting my foot up while keeping the heels on the floor. He said everything is fine and as long as I can tip toe, I'm good to go. It's just that I have to be warmed up if I do any exercise, run, etc. and if I want to heal very quickly, I should dip my foot in some warm water. Also, my foot isn't swollen anymore, but my toes are a bit dark and there are bumps on it that might or might not have been there before the injury.

So what I'd like to know is, has anyone experienced a similar injury? How did you recover? What did you do to speed up the recovery process? The family doctor basically implied that I don't have to see him about my foot anymore.

Oh, he originally said it'd take me 3 weeks to heal. It's now like day 16.
    Canadian!

Stats: 6'1", 137 lbs
    geokilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geokilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geokilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geokilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geokilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geokilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geokilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Visit geokilla's BodySpace
    bump
    Canadian!