Jacobaking9845 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What should I do?

Well I've read alot about work out plans and alot say to bench once a week, and I also read once a week bench pressing is for size, not strength. I'm looking for strength so what should I do? And is this false? I could care less about size, this is football. Btw I'm doing the 12 week body transformation (a workout on this website) I'm only on day 6 so please help before I get to far into this.

markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The weight and rep range you use has more impact on strength than the excesize. If you want strength lift HEAVY weight for fewer reps. Something in the 3 - 5 range is good. For football id be more concerned with legs than chest.

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    so let me get this straight, you get some random exercise routine off a website (which most of are useless to follow anyway, everyone thinks they know the perfect routine and don't realize that most any routine will work...for a short period of time, but the proven ones are the best ones to start with), then you get 6 days into it and start questioning it? and now you're afraid that if you get any further into it without having your question answered, you're screwed?

you can bench more than once a week for both size and strength. your rep range and rest periods will have more impact on strength than anything else. i would suggest benching 2x a week if you already have some basic experience with lifting, if not, then you could likely get away with 3x a week. if you're looking for just raw strength then i see no reason to go more than 5 reps on working sets.

you're 14 years old, you're young and have plenty of time to develop your technique. look into starting strength style routines. eat a lot of food, a LOT. you need to grow. it's going to be hard to gain strength and muscle if you're eating like a little girl. so if you're afraid to see your weight go up, forget about training for strength and size.

dave tate's vids on youtube 'so you think you can bench' are great for fixing your technique as well.
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

Jacobaking9845 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't want to get fat.... I still want to be physically fit.... I play defensive end.

RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    lawl, lifting heavy won't make you fat. Eating too much will make you fat. Basically, if all you are interested in is strength, I would be hitting the chest once a week in the 1-3 rep range for about 8-10 sets. Repeat a few weeks, reap strength rewards.