eRickety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eRickety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eRickety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eRickety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eRickety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eRickety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eRickety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eRickety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eRickety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eRickety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eRickety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Familiar with macros and bulking/cutting principles, but not sure which is for me

Quick rundown so you guys don't spend too much time on this:

I'm 5' 10'', 175 lbs. I'd say I'm probably about 18% bf, but that could be totally off. I don't know if I have enough muscle to cut down to trim, athletic body and I don't want to diet myself into skinny-fatness. There are pictures attachedfront.jpgside.jpg

So basically I'm asking your guys' opinions on this on the basis that you know more about body types than I do. For the next 6-12 months, would it be more beneficial to me healthily and/or aesthetically to cut or to bulk? I'll be lifting weights 3 times a week and playing ball twice a week regardless, I think.

Thanks

front.jpg

side.jpg
    I don't need a signature to be cool

cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    from your description and pictures I think you should clean bulk. What program are you on, and what are your planned macros?

KALLISBROTHERS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KALLISBROTHERS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KALLISBROTHERS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KALLISBROTHERS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KALLISBROTHERS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KALLISBROTHERS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KALLISBROTHERS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KALLISBROTHERS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KALLISBROTHERS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KALLISBROTHERS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KALLISBROTHERS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What are your goals?
    Just a pair of natural bodybuilders, Est. 1990 & 1992

cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by KALLISBROTHERS View Post
    What are your goals?
    Yup, forgot to ask this.

eRickety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eRickety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eRickety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eRickety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eRickety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eRickety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eRickety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eRickety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eRickety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eRickety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eRickety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cjowns76 View Post
    What program are you on, and what are your planned macros?
    I don't particularly care to get real bulky. I like feeling quick and flexible, so I don't mind staying a little smaller and just getting really lean and in shape. I'd say my goals are to get down to around 12-13% body fat and maintain. In a perfect world I'd get under 10% but that's too high maintenance for me.

Lifts will be:
    Monday: Chest/back
    Wednesday: Legs
    Friday: Arms

6 forms per day, plus Ab Ripper X at the end of each one. I play basketball Tuesdays and Thursdays for an undetermined amount of time.

I just started keeping track of my diet a few days ago (not that it was completely disregarded before that) and my macros look like this:
    2100 cals
    200g protein
    70g fat
    rest carbs

Diet is mostly comprised of fresh vegetables, chicken breast, protein supplement, milk, whole grain bread, eggs, with some other things here and there where I desire.

Thanks!

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Build muscle, caloric surplus. You are not going to blow up like a balloon and get too, bulky. If it starts to happen you will have months/years to react before it gets out of hand.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    Build muscle, caloric surplus. You are not going to blow up like a balloon and get too, bulky. If it starts to happen you will have months/years to react before it gets out of hand.
    Alright, I dig. Is lifting 3x a week still appropriate for rocking a surplus of 500-1000 cals?

Kittycat26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittycat26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittycat26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittycat26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittycat26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittycat26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittycat26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittycat26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittycat26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittycat26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittycat26 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Remember man you have to eat clean so that you can build muscle and burn fat at the same time. 5-6 meals a day with lean protein and complex carbohydrates. Remember hardcore lifters always eat clean man. Don't be weak and eat desert and sugary stuff. Eat almonds and celery for snack because they are fat burning foods

Remember to get your protein shake right after your workout along with your fast digesting carbs. Don't eat carbs late at night because those end up going right to the midsection.

In terms of your lifting. Remember to lift moderate weight with high repetitions so you can build lean muscle and burn fat at the same time. You don't want to get huge or anything. You want the toned physique with the chiseled six pack.

oceanus99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oceanus99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oceanus99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oceanus99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oceanus99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oceanus99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oceanus99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oceanus99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oceanus99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oceanus99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oceanus99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by eRickety View Post
    Alright, I dig. Is lifting 3x a week still appropriate for rocking a surplus of 500-1000 cals?
    Why would you ever do a 500-1000 cal surplus? You will just put on unnecessary fat. A 200-300 calorie surplus is enough to maximize muscle gains while minimizing fat gain.
    12/1/12 - 120 lbs ~12% first bulk, only upper body.
    5/15/13 - 145 lbs ~16% First cut
    8/1/13 - 130 lbs ~8% Second bulk. Started training legs. 2x/week per bodypart. Track macros everyday
    2/1/14 - 155 lbs ~13%
    2/22/14 - 157 lbs ~14% Second cut
    3/8/14 - 152 lbs ~11-12%
    4/2/14 - 149 lbs ~9-10%
    7/20/14 - 143 lbs ~7%

S>315x5
    DL>410x5
    DB Benchpress>100sx5
    DB Shoulderpress>90sx5
    Onearm DB Row>165x5

Originally Posted by oceanus99 View Post
    A 200-300 calorie surplus is enough to maximize muscle gains while minimizing fat gain.
    Oh alright cool. This works out perfectly on account of I don't want to feel like I'm stuffing myself and I can't afford (financially) to eat an absurd amount of calories daily. I'll start at 3,000/day and see how things go (5'10" 175lb 21 y/o male).

RyGla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RyGla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RyGla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RyGla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RyGla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RyGla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RyGla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RyGla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RyGla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RyGla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RyGla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    maybe you should try a recomp, on days you workout, eat at around a +250-400 cal surplus, and on off days, eat 250-400 cal deficit.
    seems to suit your goals
    ***Canadian Crew***

Lifts:
    1 rep max
    Bench:315
    Front Squat: 315x2
    Dead:495x3