Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100)

Need to target upper/mid obliques. Any workouts?

Pelvic bone is wider than my ribcage, I plan on working lats a little, serratus, and possibly the obliques. I'm afraid of full oblique workouts because it just might make my hips stick out more. To add insult to injury, I have a narrow waist. I want to know some good oblique workouts that may target right blow the rib cage or right beside my belly button, and I'll also work upper obliques if that covers over the rib cage.

I already do deep breathing and pullovers to widen my ribcage, so please don't tell me to do those

preacher of simplicity godsamurai's Avatar
    godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Dycfer View Post
    Pelvic bone is wider than my ribcage, I plan on working lats a little, serratus, and possibly the obliques. I'm afraid of full oblique workouts because it just might make my hips stick out more. To add insult to injury, I have a narrow waist. I want to know some good oblique workouts that may target right blow the rib cage or right beside my belly button, and I'll also work upper obliques if that covers over the rib cage.

I already do deep breathing and pullovers to widen my ribcage, so please don't tell me to do those
    hold big dumbells on both hand. Move side by side. To illustrate, go left and back to center position. Go right and back to center position. Center position = standing up straight
    Dymatize ISO-100 protein: 25g protein, 1 carb, 0 fat, 0 lactose, 0 sugar
    That's all you need.

Personal Dymatize protein review (2011):

AC1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AC1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AC1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AC1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AC1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AC1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AC1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AC1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AC1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AC1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AC1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by godsamurai View Post
    hold big dumbells on both hand. Move side by side. To illustrate, go left and back to center position. Go right and back to center position. Center position = standing up straight
    I would recommend against this. Try using a single dumbbell in one hand, standing with feet shoulder width apart, facing forward. Hold it in your LEFT hand, without moving your feet move the dumbell down your leg until you feel the stretch in your right side. Then slowly back up. Imagine you're trapped between two walls, one in front and one behind, with your feet cemented into the floor. The only way you can move is sideways.

The reason you don't use two dumbbells at the same time is because when you move the weight back up to the centre position the other weight facilitates the movement and it's not your oblique muscle that is moving the weight up and down, it's the other dumbell.

Exactly as above post, but with one dumbbell at a time. Nice one Gods, it's what I do. I also do this with a cable as well.

Hope this helps and is informative. No Neg

SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your hips are your hips man, filling out wont make them stick out more. A bigger stronger core will make your hips not appear so stick outish.

As far as exercises, weighted steering wheels (and its variations), spiderman pushups (and its variants), pullup bar oblique crunches, etc. Alot of different exercises you could do, depending on what you have available to you.

preacher of simplicity godsamurai's Avatar
    godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    actually I met op from other threads, he is still growing. By packing more muscle to his hips, there's possibility to add more bone size to his pelvic bone ( I researched on this).
    There's even a study that shows prolonged pelvic growth even after people getting mature, it can continue up to age 25+ and statistically more people are having this recently.

hey op, have u had any luck finding any expert chiropractic?
    Originally Posted by SpiritFighter View Post
    Your hips are your hips man, filling out wont make them stick out more. A bigger stronger core will make your hips not appear so stick outish.

As far as exercises, weighted steering wheels (and its variations), spiderman pushups (and its variants), pullup bar oblique crunches, etc. Alot of different exercises you could do, depending on what you have available to you.
    Dymatize ISO-100 protein: 25g protein, 1 carb, 0 fat, 0 lactose, 0 sugar
    That's all you need.

Personal Dymatize protein review (2011):

Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by godsamurai View Post
    actually I met op from other threads, he is still growing. By packing more muscle to his hips, there's possibility to add more bone size to his pelvic bone ( I researched on this).
    There's even a study that shows prolonged pelvic growth even after people getting mature, it can continue up to age 25+ and statistically more people are having this recently.

hey op, have u had any luck finding any expert chiropractic?
    Unfortunatley no. My parents don't think it's a problem, just bad genetics. I however, am still trying to find what works for me.. I think I will try upper/mid obliques. It's that my leg frame is almost twice as wide as my ribs. I have had maybe a little bit of luck with this. It COULD be my dumbbell pullovers working or I'm just being positive and my eyes are tricking me into seeing something better. Thanks for your concern!