Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by krakkerz View Post
    Those kids are getting bigger all the time. We don't have that problem so much out here in the sticks, though.

I wasn't having a go at you, either. I hope you didn't think I was. Just trying to illustrate how switching the exercises won't hurt your quest for size.
    Yeah that's cool I didn't think anything like that lol.

Nice comeback victory for England in the rugby 7s final against Kenya at the Wellington 7s. Fiji were disappointing so were Australia.
    Training Journal-
    http://www.adarq.org/progress-journals-experimental-routines/2013-journal-becoming-an-advanced-athlete/
    Adarq.org We Run This

100m- 11.37 FAT
    200m- 23.15 FAT

Eat Fast Food Everyday But I'm Still Lean Crew
    I have in me the blood of the oldest living civilisation on earth

Just4shits is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Just4shits is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Just4shits is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Just4shits is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Just4shits is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Just4shits is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Just4shits is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Just4shits is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Just4shits is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Just4shits is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Just4shits is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUC35iIgEIo

most exciting player hands down.

ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000)
    i can't wait til the NFL dies and american rugby rises to the top

one day....

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't think you'll see that. But, I do think the US disposes of enough brilliant athletes that they could easily progress to being a top five nation extremely quickly, anyway.

The number of top flight athletes who don't get a gig after college is a travesty. Same out of high school.

ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't think you'll see that. But, I do think the US disposes of enough brilliant athletes that they could easily progress to being a top five nation extremely quickly, anyway.

The number of top flight athletes who don't get a gig after college is a travesty. Same out of high school.
    yeah man thats true i guess. you're right, even if the best athletes to come out of college w/out another future in pro sports picked up rugby, i think we would become a top team within a matter of years.

but the thought of even 1/4 of the best NFL players having learned rugby from a young age instead of football makes my mouth water (no homo, y'all know what i mean)

Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Another rugby player checking in. I'm 16 and live in England, been playing since I was 7.

I've always played Hooker, but have become too small (lightweight) to play front row. Just before Christmas I decided the best plan was to take the remainder of this year off to focus on building some strength and speed. Hopefully play scrum half next season. I think I've always been a back to be honest, but always been too fat and slow... I'm loosing the last of the fat at the moment - will hopefully be down to about 10% by the start of summer. Then it's all about sprint training and getting them heavy lifts going.

Any of you guys been following the 6 nations?

Originally Posted by Bugler666 View Post
    Another rugby player checking in. I'm 16 and live in England, been playing since I was 7.

I've always played Hooker, but have become too small (lightweight) to play front row. Just before Christmas I decided the best plan was to take the remainder of this year off to focus on building some strength and speed. Hopefully play scrum half next season. I think I've always been a back to be honest, but always been too fat and slow... I'm loosing the last of the fat at the moment - will hopefully be down to about 10% by the start of summer. Then it's all about sprint training and getting them heavy lifts going.

Any of you guys been following the 6 nations?
    i've been meaning to follow it but havent gotten around to it yet. i want to though because i'm gonna be watching the finals or whatever in ireland next month and i wanna know whats going on

Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ruckin View Post
    i've been meaning to follow it but havent gotten around to it yet. i want to though because i'm gonna be watching the finals or whatever in ireland next month and i wanna know whats going on

Best games so far was italy vs france and ireland vs wales.

There aren't finals, but I guess you're seeing ireland's final game.

Oh, and btw, I agree with you bro. If america taught rugby to some of their pro football players they could be devastating. It's not just football stealing the good players though. Imagine how good Shaq O'neal would have been as a second row/number 8. HUGE, fast, superb ball handling skills, good feet, athletic, 50" two footed jump or whatever. Would have been devastating as a rugby player.

Originally Posted by Bugler666 View Post
    Best games so far was italy vs france and ireland vs wales.

There aren't finals, but I guess you're seeing ireland's final game.

Oh, and btw, I agree with you bro. If america taught rugby to some of their pro football players they could be devastating. It's not just football stealing the good players though. Imagine how good Shaq O'neal would have been as a second row/number 8. HUGE, fast, superb ball handling skills, good feet, athletic, 50" two footed jump or whatever. Would have been devastating as a rugby player.
    yeah that must be it then. i forgot that there isn't an official championship match for 6 nations.

and you're right, i forgot about basketball players too. damn, some of them would be dirty. can you imagine if lebron james was raised a rugby player? lots of hockey players could be great ruggers & some baseball players too even.

the reason i originally just said NFL though is just b/c it's americas most popular sport and it's most similar to rugby in terms of physicality

BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mutumbo000 View Post
    Rugby player checking in. I play 1st Grade in Adelaide this is a vid of my team from last season.

I guess you can see by my stats that I play wing. There's some footage of me in that vid scoring tries at 2:15 and 4:10.
    Obviously goal for this year is to win a premiership but individually I'm hoping to put on some size whilst getting leaner and increasing my speed and strength.
    Souths I see.. I'm also playing (hopefully) first grade for another Adelaide club, won't say who though until I play you I play in the loose forwards. Small world the internet is!
    SQ: 484lb
    BP: 330b
    DL: 540lb

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by BreezerD View Post
    Souths I see.. I'm also playing (hopefully) first grade for another Adelaide club, won't say who though until I play you I play in the loose forwards. Small world the internet is!
    i may be vacationing in Aus this summer and could be in Adelaide for a month...

may come watch a few games...
    Sleepy.

swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Texas rugby player checking in. I used to haunt the old thread before it faded away. Playing for top division locally, which may not mean much to you funny talkers. I believe scott donald and beer tank have the best reference to compare. Just got promoted last year, so the going are still tough. I spend most of my time on the flank and second row, with the RARE appearance at center when the coaches get really desperate or want a laugh.

Currently following CFFB 2012 Amateur in-season program to the letter, with some extra fitness, plyo/agility, and flex/mobility work to keep a 2-a-day workout schedule. Noticing some solid returns in both fitness and strength.

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Had to look up what CFFB was. It looks a lot better programmed than the regular Crossfit. Good to see it working out for you.

Super XV

So the best comp in the world starts tonight. Rebels v Force (an uninspiring first game for the season, I must say).

What say you, Rugby men? Who will be keeping an eye on the competition?

Afrozac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Australian Rugby League player checking in. Playing U17 this year. Currently around 193cm and around 97kg, playing fullback and centre mainly, but don't mind the odd game at 2nd row and five-eight. Currently in the off season, with our first trial game around April 1st. Currently training everyday, any feedback on my program:

Day 1: Push day and afternoon agility
    3x5 bench press, military press, dips, incline press
    Then maybe acouple of hypotrophy sets here and there

Day 2: Pull day and afternoon Plyometrics
    3x5 deadlift, bent over rows, chin ups, power cleans
    And again acouple of hypotrophy sets

Day 3: Legs and conditioning/fitness
    3x5 squats, leg press, STDL, lunges, calve work
    No hypotrophy sets but

And then repeat, resting on the 7th day. Core work is worked into every 2nd day.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

If I'm reading you right, that's a six day a week, three-way split routine.

Do you ever feel sore at training and games? Most of us use 3-4 day per week, full body or two-way split routines. 2-3 days for during the season.

Do you get any time in to improve your league skills?

Mind you, exercise selection is good. and if you can handle the workload, more power to you.

So the best comp in the world starts tonight. Rebels v Force (an uninspiring first game for the season, I must say).

What say you, Rugby men? Who will be keeping an eye on the competition?
    yeeeeeeeeessssssssss!!!

being in america, it's hard to follow any professional leagues, but i wanted to make an effort to follow the super 15 this season. is there any specific time during the week that they only play? like only saturdays or something?

tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Mutumbo000 View Post
    LOL yeh I'm about the size of the average U16 forward. Even some of the backs in U16s are bigger than me. My girlfriends nephew plays Inside Centre at the same club as me and he's around my height but weighs 105kg at 15 (Cook Islander) and there abut 3 or 4 other players in his team that are bigger than him.
    Those kids are getting bigger all the time. We don't have that problem so much out here in the sticks, though.

I wasn't having a go at you, either. I hope you didn't think I was. Just trying to illustrate how switching the exercises won't hurt your quest for size.
    as you guys are talking alot about power and strength (in legs) in conjuction with onfield training = speed, what do you guys do on leg days and how many days a week do you work legs?????

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by tomgaa View Post
    as you guys are talking alot about power and strength (in legs) in conjuction with onfield training = speed, what do you guys do on leg days and how many days a week do you work legs?????
    that should all depend on goals, strengths and weaknesses and where in the training year...
    Sleepy.

The menu consists of squat, deadlift, cleans and some single leg work mostly. And three days a week during off-season - most of the time.

tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The menu consists of squat, deadlift, cleans and some single leg work mostly. And three days a week during off-season - most of the time.
    really 3 days a week... do you not get bad doms from 3 days per week??? i dont have any off season during the year so i do a full leg workout once per week but i dnt find my legs growing in size!!!!

really 3 days a week... do you not get bad doms from 3 days per week??? i dont have any off season during the year so i do a full leg workout once per week but i dnt find my legs growing in size!!!!
    More frequent training actually reduces DOMS. Bodybuilders who train each part once per week and train to very high levels of fatigue cause more damage to the muscles and get DOMS.

I believe you don't need that level of fatigue. Plus, the more frequent training provides a better adaptation to the stimulus.

That's the theory. It seems to work well

Afrozac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If I'm reading you right, that's a six day a week, three-way split routine.

Do you ever feel sore at training and games? Most of us use 3-4 day per week, full body or two-way split routines. 2-3 days for during the season.

Do you get any time in to improve your league skills?

Mind you, exercise selection is good. and if you can handle the workload, more power to you.
    Not really to be honest? I was the first two weeks into the routine, but after that, theres pretty much no soreness and/or stiffness?

So it doesnt look to much to you? What does your routine look like if you dont mind me asking?

Im still at school, we usually play touch at lunch and recess, and usually fit in abit of skills around agility or fitness

For the most part, I use similar exercises, but we work full body three days per week . It's a bit more frequency as you have per movement with varied intensity. Probably just a little less overall volume.

We'd put any speed and power work at the front of those workouts and use the off days for tempo or steady state cardio off-season. Pre-season an in-season are a different story.

More frequent training actually reduces DOMS. Bodybuilders who train each part once per week and train to very high levels of fatigue cause more damage to the muscles and get DOMS.

I believe you don't need that level of fatigue. Plus, the more frequent training provides a better adaptation to the stimulus.

That's the theory. It seems to work well
    not necessarily true... very much seems to depend on the individual... recovery techniques... diet... rest etc...

different people... can tolerate different levels of stimuli - volume vs 1 set to failure etc...

but it all comes down to training for sport should be specific to improving performance on the field in the given sport...
    Sleepy.

Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    not necessarily true... very much seems to depend on the individual... recovery techniques... diet... rest etc...

different people... can tolerate different levels of stimuli - volume vs 1 set to failure etc...

but it all comes down to training for sport should be specific to improving performance on the field in the given sport...
    I agree for the most part that individual tolerances vary. Which is the reason I finished with my "That's the theory" quip.

However, there is no doubt that in the middle of the curve, my observations are correct. And that's where we train. We have some guys at the margins and they train differently.

It's worth noting, however, that it's not about the training frequency as much as intensiveness. It happens that less frequent training allows for more highly intensive training.

So, you are right, but in the context of club training, it works well that way.

Reds V Brumbies

So, it's the second half of Reds (my team) v Brumbies (Mrs Krakkerz' team).

No spoilers here, but the Reds had better win or I'll never hear the end of it.

thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Another rugby player here, currently in the offseason trying to get bigger stronger and faster. At the moment I probably run a low 12 100m or possible high 11 and can grab onto a full sized basketball rim, I plan to get to roughly 170-175 and then go on a quick cut to reduce fat by track season.

My current lifts are weak but here they are:

Bench: 70-72.5kg
    Squat:90kg
    Deadlift: 120kg

Vid of me playing:

3.58 and 11.29 are tries

touching the rim- i can now hang on the rim as this is an old video

Anybody got ideas on how I can plan my offseason to achieve my goals?
    Bench: 255lbs (115kg)
    Squat: 320lbs (145kg)
    Deadlift: 430lbs (195kg)

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." Vince Lombardi.

You're not weak, you're young. You've also got good game speed do you play in the row or were you just wearing 5 in the video?

thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You're not weak, you're young. You've also got good game speed do you play in the row or were you just wearing 5 in the video?
    I was only wearing 5, my position is winger. Any tips on what I could do?
    Bench: 255lbs (115kg)
    Squat: 320lbs (145kg)
    Deadlift: 430lbs (195kg)

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." Vince Lombardi.