Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by steviedell1985 View Post
    wondered what every ones training routines are ill start
    im back at rugby 3 times a week and also at the gym 3 times
    Monday (6am ) bicepts, Chest
    Tuesday (7pm 2hours) rugby training
    Wednesday (6am) Legs Shoulders
    Thursday (7pm 2 hours) RUgby trainign
    Friday (6am) Back, Tricepts
    Sat Morning i do 1 hour warm up session pre match then play a match of Rugby
    Sunday Rest(swimming light)
    For the next month of pre season mine is:
    Monday: (AM) Cardio, chest and arms (Weights are strength phase). (pm) Team rugby Training
    Tuesday: Rest/ Recovery
    Wednesday: Team Rugby Training in the afternoon
    Thursday: Back and Shoulders and Cardio
    Friday: Team Strength and conditioning
    Saturday: Legs and Cardio
    Sunday: Rest/Recovery

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wallabies finally look good! Big win over Argentina.

Still look pretty bad in the scrum, though.

Rugbyfanfla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rugbyfanfla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rugbyfanfla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rugbyfanfla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rugbyfanfla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rugbyfanfla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rugbyfanfla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rugbyfanfla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rugbyfanfla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rugbyfanfla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rugbyfanfla has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by krakkerz View Post

yes I was surprised when that stat came up on the screen. Late in the game, even though comfortably ahead it was Pumas 11, and Wallabies 3 on scrum wins. Strange.

But they did look good, since the Pumas have been playing better these last few years. I'm glad too, I enjoy seeing rugby expand and get better and better.
    ******** : https://www.********.com/rugbyfanfla

twitter : @marlinzfan

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Rugbyfanfla View Post
    yes I was surprised when that stat came up on the screen. Late in the game, even though comfortably ahead it was Pumas 11, and Wallabies 3 on scrum wins. Strange.

But they did look good, since the Pumas have been playing better these last few years. I'm glad too, I enjoy seeing rugby expand and get better and better.
    It's not so strange. It's because Australia only had to scrum feeds. Argentina took scrums for a bunch of their penalties. Our scrum still didn't look great, but we were finally able to hold our ball and even on a tight head..

You're right about Argentina. They're going well and they'll continue getting stronger now they're part of the Rugby Championship.

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz

All of the new scrums look bad.

To be fair to Australia, the Pumas usually have one of the better scrums on the international scene.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    All of the new scrums look bad.

To be fair to Australia, the Pumas usually have one of the better scrums on the international scene.
    Sad news on the new scrums is that they're staying. My son got the word at his referee's conference at the weekend.

Argentina sure do have a great scrum. They also appear to have gone back to the Bajada scrum from the late 80s and early 90s.

oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lads a great link my coaches gave me : http://www.irishrugby.ie/476_9491.php

its all about rugby and eating for all ages but more for younger players

Benji Snap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benji Snap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benji Snap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benji Snap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benji Snap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benji Snap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benji Snap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benji Snap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benji Snap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benji Snap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benji Snap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why is the USA 7's team are neglecting Carlin Isles and giving him such little game time? It doesnt make sense. I suppose thats what happens when you have a player who is also the coach of the team? It's like he's just choosing his mates. Its really frustrating. If USA is ever to develop a strong 7's team it will be on the back of taking advantage of super athletes like Isles!

Originally Posted by Benji Snap View Post
    Why is the USA 7's team are neglecting Carlin Isles and giving him such little game time? It doesnt make sense. I suppose thats what happens when you have a player who is also the coach of the team? It's like he's just choosing his mates. Its really frustrating. If USA is ever to develop a strong 7's team it will be on the back of taking advantage of super athletes like Isles!
    I've only seen a little bit of Isles, but it seems to me that his abilities with anything other than running in space are suspect.

That's not to say they are poor. Nor am i saying that is why. I'm not familiar enough with the USA team. But being ridiculously athletic is not the be all and end all.

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Benji Snap View Post
    Yes, the US has to use the tremendous athletic talent that they have, but they also have to play guys that know what is going on. From watdching Isles play, it's evident that he still has the gridiron mentality. If he can find space he's deadly, but he neither knows how to create space or how to read what's developing. He also completely neglects his support and pretty much just runs around like a chicken with his head cut off hoping to find a gap.

Having 7 players like that on the field would be a comedy show of colossal proportions.

7s also requires very smart positioning in defence. Moreso than other forms of the game. I'm not sure he has that together, either.

flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Didn't see this thread before, might as well contribute...

I'm lifting 3 days a week, focusing on heavy compound movements and Olympic lifts. I'm using Pendlay's Olympic starting routine with some variation(I added deadlift and changed up some of the rep ranges). I am also training with my team twice a week, playing 1-2 games a week, and sprinting 1 morning each week. I play in the centers/wing for my university.
    Squat: 365
    Deadlift: 505
    Bench: 295

BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey guys, I play 7/8/6 and occasionally lock when depth is lacking. I play at a decent level. I have a pair of moulded stud boots (for when the ground is hard in summer) and a pair of Adidas f50s with this stud pattern: http://shop.premier-football.ru/uplo...age104937.jpeg
    Both of these pairs have come to their end of life and I need to replace them (1 firm ground, 1 soft ground) I really liked the f50s, they gave me enough grip to push in scrums in the wet as lock (unlike typical 6-stud boots for backs) but not so much that they felt heavy and slowed me down like some boots with bigger studs (typical tight 5 boots) do.
    Appearance of boots is not hugely important to me and cost is not an issue though I'd rather not spend any more than I need to. Can anyone make any recommendations?
    SQ: 484lb
    BP: 330b
    DL: 540lb

Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey everybody. Figured I'd check in here. My names Rusty Richardson and I play prop for the Huntsville rugby club out of Huntsville, Alabama here in the states. I've only played rugby for about a year now but I love the hell out of it.
    Does anybody here have any good conditioning programs I cant run for a little while. I haven't been able to make our weekly practices here lately due to work and don't wanna get even more out of shape than I already AM.

Originally Posted by BreezerD View Post
    Hey guys, I play 7/8/6 and occasionally lock when depth is lacking. I play at a decent level. I have a pair of moulded stud boots (for when the ground is hard in summer) and a pair of Adidas f50s with this stud pattern: http://shop.premier-football.ru/uplo...age104937.jpeg
    Both of these pairs have come to their end of life and I need to replace them (1 firm ground, 1 soft ground) I really liked the f50s, they gave me enough grip to push in scrums in the wet as lock (unlike typical 6-stud boots for backs) but not so much that they felt heavy and slowed me down like some boots with bigger studs (typical tight 5 boots) do.
    Appearance of boots is not hugely important to me and cost is not an issue though I'd rather not spend any more than I need to. Can anyone make any recommendations?
    I play 2nd row. I use Canterbury Club boots with the big studs.

My son plays a lot of 8 and 6. He has the same boots for the wet and uses Blades in the dry.

Both are pretty inexpensive and do the job well.

Originally Posted by Rusty56 View Post
    Hey everybody. Figured I'd check in here. My names Rusty Richardson and I play prop for the Huntsville rugby club out of Huntsville, Alabama here in the states. I've only played rugby for about a year now but I love the hell out of it.
    Does anybody here have any good conditioning programs I cant run for a little while. I haven't been able to make our weekly practices here lately due to work and don't wanna get even more out of shape than I already AM.
    This article has a bunch of ideas from arguably the best known Rugby S&C coach.

http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...-rugby-player/

flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Check out the Adidas RS7 series, they're an awesome metal studded boot. A lot of pros play with them in both hard and soft conditions, and they are pretty damn light. If you want something with a bit more support the Adidas Incurzas look pretty solid too.
    Squat: 365
    Deadlift: 505
    Bench: 295

StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000)
    Since I'm not going to be playing for my schools club I think I'm going to try out for another club that'll fit my schedule better. Has anyone ever heard of the Belmont Shore Rugby Club of Long Beach, CA? They seem pretty good.
    -THE PACK BARBELL CLUB-
    -MISC BJJ CREW-

"My heart and my soul will be the fuel to carry my body when my limbs are to weary. I will never falter, I will never lose focus as long as there is hope in my mind and my heart still beats. I will never give in to the evil that is weakness and I will fight that evil with my dying breath."

Best Meet Lifts - 518/314/640= 1472 @ 165
    Best Gym Lifts - 535/315/640= 1490 @ 173-175

Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This article has a bunch of ideas from arguably the best known Rugby S&C coach.

http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...-rugby-player/
    I read thru all his articles there on elitefts. I liked a lot of his ideas. mucho gracias for the link man.

Originally Posted by Rusty56 View Post
    I read thru all his articles there on elitefts. I liked a lot of his ideas. mucho gracias for the link man.
    He's great value. He has a book available at getstrength.net that is very valuable for people who train teams.

For all international Rugby fans, the third Bledisloe Cup Test between Australia and New Zealand tomorrow is supposed to be being streamed live and free on Youtube at the All Blacks channel (http://www.youtube.com/allblacks)

Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I play 2nd row. I use Canterbury Club boots with the big studs.

My son plays a lot of 8 and 6. He has the same boots for the wet and uses Blades in the dry.

Both are pretty inexpensive and do the job well.
    I usually jus get cheap football boots from sports direct but this year cos i had extra money I decided to buy a pair of Xblades Legends, solid boot, really comfortable and not ridiculously heavy like canterbury ones

Originally Posted by Bignik92 View Post
    I usually jus get cheap football boots from sports direct but this year cos i had extra money I decided to buy a pair of Xblades Legends, solid boot, really comfortable and not ridiculously heavy like canterbury ones
    Heavy ones are good for scrums. At least for the ones where you have to push

BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000)
    Heavy ones are good for scrums. At least for the ones where you have to push
    Well, being a loose forward I try to do as little of that as possible... hahaha.

Originally Posted by flanker34 View Post
    Check out the Adidas RS7 series, they're an awesome metal studded boot. A lot of pros play with them in both hard and soft conditions, and they are pretty damn light. If you want something with a bit more support the Adidas Incurzas look pretty solid too.
    I picked up these badboys http://blog.lovell-rugby.co.uk/the-n...sg-rugby-boot/ along with some RS7s with moulded studs for OzTag/preseason training. Both pairs of boots are lightweight, and the FF80s look ****ing great. If they're good enough for the ABs loose forwards they're good enough for me.
    SQ: 484lb
    BP: 330b
    DL: 540lb

Well, being a loose forward I try to do as little of that as possible... hahaha.
    I was actually having a shot at League players. But it goes for loose forwards, too, I guess. Especially the Wallabies back row last Saturday night.

I've always worn Canterbury's because they're the only reasonably priced ones I can find here in the states. The problem I've run into is that after a year or two, the screws on the studs always start pushing through the bottom of the boot and it makes my feet go numb. Does that happen with all removable stud boots or is it just the Canterbury's?

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    I've always worn Canterbury's because they're the only reasonably priced ones I can find here in the states. The problem I've run into is that after a year or two, the screws on the studs always start pushing through the bottom of the boot and it makes my feet go numb. Does that happen with all removable stud boots or is it just the Canterbury's?
    It's happened with every pair of boots I've had since my feet stopped growing. I replace mine nearly every season for similar reasons. I think the skinny guys get away with it longer.

Benji Snap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benji Snap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benji Snap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benji Snap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benji Snap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benji Snap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benji Snap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benji Snap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benji Snap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benji Snap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benji Snap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    England vs Australia rugby league starting in 15 minutes

Amazing opening to the game so far. England 10-0.

quality games for opening matches of World Cup. I reckon when england get Graham back in team theylll beat the Oz's!

If we beat new zealand in semis haha

Italy and Wales have had a quality game too, right back and forth game. italy are sick haha