Thread: need some ideas

Npas4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

need some ideas

first of all hello everybody - new to the forums and it seems like there is some good content on this site.

in terms of training i suppose im a "beginner". i mean i've trained on and off for a few years and never really got anywhere since i always end up stopping for one reason or another.

so now i need some opinions. gym is not an option for me now since it's too far to travel to regularly (i don't drive). however i have an olympic bench and a ton of olympic weights in my garden house so this is where i will be training. the first problem comes with training back and particularly my lats, since i don't have access to lat pulldown and i don't have anywhere to do pullups either, unless i put the bar on the highest and hang off that for the whole exercise. i know it's not ideal but do you think this is good enough? i will have to tuck my legs right up to actually hang... LOL

next is training triceps. sure i'll train them a bit from benching and shoulder pressing but what sort of exercises would you guys suggest? no access to cables obviously and i want to get the best workout possible with these restrictions.

if you have any suggestions on how to get the most out of training then i would appreciate some input

ty

Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Npas4 View Post
    first of all hello everybody - new to the forums and it seems like there is some good content on this site.

in terms of training i suppose im a "beginner". i mean i've trained on and off for a few years and never really got anywhere since i always end up stopping for one reason or another.

so now i need some opinions. gym is not an option for me now since it's too far to travel to regularly (i don't drive). however i have an olympic bench and a ton of olympic weights in my garden house so this is where i will be training. the first problem comes with training back and particularly my lats, since i don't have access to lat pulldown and i don't have anywhere to do pullups either, unless i put the bar on the highest and hang off that for the whole exercise. i know it's not ideal but do you think this is good enough? i will have to tuck my legs right up to actually hang... LOL

next is training triceps. sure i'll train them a bit from benching and shoulder pressing but what sort of exercises would you guys suggest? no access to cables obviously and i want to get the best workout possible with these restrictions.

if you have any suggestions on how to get the most out of training then i would appreciate some input

ty
    For triceps you could do bench dips, close grip bench or skull crushers and for lats you could do rows. I would suggest buying a pull up bar and some dumbbells that would make things easier.

29a is not very well liked. (-100) 29a is not very well liked. (-100) 29a is not very well liked. (-100) 29a is not very well liked. (-100) 29a is not very well liked. (-100) 29a is not very well liked. (-100) 29a is not very well liked. (-100) 29a is not very well liked. (-100) 29a is not very well liked. (-100) 29a is not very well liked. (-100) 29a is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Daniel0636 View Post
    For triceps you could do bench dips, close grip bench or skull crushers and for lats you could do rows. I would suggest buying a pull up bar and some dumbbells that would make things easier.
    I do overhead extensions
    Close grip
    Skull crushers
    Dips
    N for back
    Deadlift
    Pulldowns
    One arm rows
    Bent over barbell. Bend right over

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    for back do a form of deadlift, BB rows and pull ups. all you have to do is find something to hang from for pull ups. anything that is stable will do. if you have to, spend $20 on a pull up door that hangs in a doorway, you can buy them just about anywhere now.

for triceps do close grip bench, dips, and if you have dumbbells you can do overhead extensions and kickbacks as well. there are plenty of things to do with just barbells and dumbbells.
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

Npas4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the replies. i'll fix a routine together