lBryzla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lBryzla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lBryzla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lBryzla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lBryzla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lBryzla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lBryzla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lBryzla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lBryzla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lBryzla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lBryzla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

As a beginner, do you really need to start on a beginner's workout?

Okay, so I am what you would call a beginner, and I'm quite skinny and average height for my age.
    I'm 14, 5'6 and weigh in at 8stone/50kg/110lb. I am doing half of GOMAD. While eating more food than usual.

I have been doing BLSS(only for 2/3 weeks), but I feel like there is insufficient volume in the program, and at the end of the sessions I never feel worked out enough.
    My diet is good, the people in the gym have been correcting my form, everything seems alright, but I never feel too tired or too sweaty.

So what I am thinking is can I move onto a fullbody workout, a premade one with all major compound movements and lots of ab exercises.
    My typical workout only last for around 30/40 minutes, and thats with a bit of doodling around, and extra exercises ( DB workouts )

At the end of the day, won't I still be making my noob gains, and the workout doesn't matter so much, as long as I am making progression (increasing reps/weight) and doing all compound exercises with correct form.

Just want helpful advice guys.
    Thanks

jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If your goal is to bench/squat/deadlift/row alot of weight do BLSS.

If your goal is to look muscular do a beginner hypertrophy program.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=151197173
    Sig line can't be a novel

lBryzla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lBryzla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lBryzla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lBryzla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lBryzla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lBryzla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lBryzla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lBryzla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lBryzla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lBryzla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lBryzla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jz416 View Post
    If your goal is to bench/squat/deadlift/row alot of weight do BLSS.

If your goal is to look muscular do a beginner hypertrophy program.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=151197173
    thanks bro, still looking for more answers.

SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    it is best to do a beginner routine if you are a beginner. You are running a good program right now if you want to get stronger. There are better suited options if you want to mainly build muscle though

Originally Posted by SethBJJ View Post
    it is best to do a beginner routine if you are a beginner. You are running a good program right now if you want to get stronger. There are better suited options if you want to mainly build muscle though
    could you or any other forumer linked me to a routine for building visible muscle? Dem aesthetic gains

met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am one of those who stand behind the idea of creating a nice strenght background first.
    I started with Babylovers Starting Strenght around a year ago, and got my bench from 60kg to 100kg 1RM, squat from 50kg x5 to 110kg x5, and deadlift from 70kg x5 to 120kg x5 in like 3-5 months. While building alot of muscle at the same time. You say you are 2-3 weeks into the program? Well of course it will feel light. You are supposed to start light, and work yourself to the heavier weights so you wont stall that quickly. I quarantee you, that if you keep doing the program, it will get heavy. Squating almost 5RM 3-4x a week will make you wanna kill yourself. You learn to hate squats, but the feeling you get after you've done it is great, and therefore you also learn to love them.

I dont know how would one turn out if he had started with a full hypertrophy routine, since I havent done it, nor have any of my friends. Thats why I wont even start to judge that approach, since I dont know. All im saying is, that Babylover's SS did a fantastic job for me, and thus Im happy to recommend it to you.

E: Dont add excercises, do the optional work. As the program gets heavier, your workouts tend to get longer because you need longer rest between sets.

E2:
    Originally Posted by lBryzla View Post
    could you or any other forumer linked me to a routine for building visible muscle? Dem aesthetic gains
    "You can build muscle with ANY non retarded routine if your training, DIET, and rest are in check for an extended period of time"
    -N4J4R
    ^^Or something like that. But the key is that dont over complicate things. Work hard, get your calories and you'll turn out great with ALMOST any routine. IMO, stick with BLSS while working hard and eating alot. If you then wish to move onto an hypertrophy routine, do so. BUt yes, start with a beginner routine.
    Last edited by met3ork; 01-26-2013 at 04:33 AM.

FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you can always add more days to SS, you can easily do it every other day (8 times a forthnight) or even 5 days (though not as recommended). The only difference between a beginner and an intermediate is their ability to progress quick. IF you are a beginner you can progress a lot more aggresively hence why SS makes you add weight every session, eventually you will hit a wall sooner or later.
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

Originally Posted by met3ork View Post
    I am one of those who stand behind the idea of creating a nice strenght background first.
    I started with Babylovers Starting Strenght around a year ago, and got my bench from 60kg to 100kg 1RM, squat from 50kg x5 to 110kg x5, and deadlift from 70kg x5 to 120kg x5 in like 3-5 months. While building alot of muscle at the same time. You say you are 2-3 weeks into the program? Well of course it will feel light. You are supposed to start light, and work yourself to the heavier weights so you wont stall that quickly. I quarantee you, that if you keep doing the program, it will get heavy. Squating almost 5RM 3-4x a week will make you wanna kill yourself. You learn to hate squats, but the feeling you get after you've done it is great, and therefore you also learn to love them.

I dont know how would one turn out if he had started with a full hypertrophy routine, since I havent done it, nor have any of my friends. Thats why I wont even start to judge that approach, since I dont know. All im saying is, that Babylover's SS did a fantastic job for me, and thus Im happy to recommend it to you.

E: Dont add excercises, do the optional work. As the program gets heavier, your workouts tend to get longer because you need longer rest between sets.

E2:

"You can build muscle with ANY non retarded routine if your training, DIET, and rest are in check for an extended period of time"
    -N4J4R
    ^^Or something like that. But the key is that dont over complicate things. Work hard, get your calories and you'll turn out great with ALMOST any routine. IMO, stick with BLSS while working hard and eating alot. If you then wish to move onto an hypertrophy routine, do so. BUt yes, start with a beginner routine.
    Originally Posted by Xuaxace View Post
    you can always add more days to SS, you can easily do it every other day (8 times a forthnight) or even 5 days (though not as recommended). The only difference between a beginner and an intermediate is their ability to progress quick. IF you are a beginner you can progress a lot more aggresively hence why SS makes you add weight every session, eventually you will hit a wall sooner or later.
    Thanks for all the replies guys! Guess I'll stick with it for another month or so, but if my boredom gets the better of me, I will probably try a beginners hypertrophy program.