jamesagrainger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Workout program - Lean Gains

Hello!

I've read the leangains website and i understand all the fasting, and i am good with nutrition anyway so that isnt the problem.
    The only thing i am unsure of is the planning of a workout. I have read that martin berkhan likes being a minimalist and sticking to, "squats, deadlifts, bench presses, chin-ups, triceps extensions and calf raises." He believes these produce the best results. That is how i would like to workout. I understand how to do all of them that isnt an issue, i am just really stuck on how to put them into a workout 3 times a week. Like do i do all of them in the same workout? Or do i do different things, on different days. Hopefully you can help me, thankyou.

Jaw2Jab is just really nice. (+1000) Jaw2Jab is just really nice. (+1000) Jaw2Jab is just really nice. (+1000) Jaw2Jab is just really nice. (+1000) Jaw2Jab is just really nice. (+1000) Jaw2Jab is just really nice. (+1000) Jaw2Jab is just really nice. (+1000) Jaw2Jab is just really nice. (+1000) Jaw2Jab is just really nice. (+1000) Jaw2Jab is just really nice. (+1000) Jaw2Jab is just really nice. (+1000)
    Martin sets it up as follows (or at least he used too, don't know if he still does, I know some of his IF protocols have changed)
    Day 1 Dead lift and weighted chins + back and biceps accessory work
    Day 2 Bench press + chest and triceps accessory work
    Day 3 Squats + leg accessory work (including calves)

These are the main moves for the day and are done reverse pyramid. Also, they are always the first move for the day.
    Personally I think full body is better and would add accessory work to make each day a full body, but to each their own, and Martin clearly gets results from his setup.
    USMC 1999-2007
    Bobbed when I should have weaved
    I build a better sniper rifle than you.

allancadenhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) allancadenhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) allancadenhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) allancadenhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) allancadenhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) allancadenhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) allancadenhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) allancadenhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) allancadenhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) allancadenhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) allancadenhead is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is good. You should make your own program up consisting of these.

Grow some individualism and mix it up. Compounds are good all rounders, but polish it up with a few accessories as Jaw2Jab said.Your body would soon get use to one routine, so swap them round. Just don't make your routine contradict itself!

Hope this helps

ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000)
    Or you could pick a proven routine like madcows 5x5 or Starting Strenght
    my workout log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147657213
    my blog about weight lifting -> http://jsaarelainen.wordpress.com/
    "May the sun illuminate thy path!"

my currents : sq 319 - dl 419 - bp - 231 - ohp 143
    my goals 2014 : sq 341 - dl 440 - bp 242 - ohp 154