Registered User blademaster3090's Avatar
    blademaster3090 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

soreness in quads everyday, excess cardio sign?

hi all,

i've recently stepped up my cardio, for the past 2 weeks i have been doing cardio everyday for about 30 mins, with my heart rate at an average of 160 (im 22, and 87 kg). since last week, i also restarted hiit, so i've been doing hiit for 15 mins and medium intensity cardio (150-155 heart rate) for like 15 mins the next day.
    the thing is, my quads feel sore everyday in the morning, and while this soreness leaves by the evening, it obv does come back the next day after cardio. the last time i did hiit, that was the only cardio i did, and i did it every alternate day for 15 mins. so this soreness would only come through the next day, and would only last the day. so i would be fine to do cardio the day after that.

my question is should i go a bit easier on the cardio, or am i good at this level? the soreness level is mild, but i was just wondering if i was overtraining or something...

Registered User blademaster3090's Avatar
    blademaster3090 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump....

allancadenhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) allancadenhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) allancadenhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) allancadenhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) allancadenhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) allancadenhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) allancadenhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) allancadenhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) allancadenhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) allancadenhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) allancadenhead is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by blademaster3090 View Post
    hi all,

i've recently stepped up my cardio, for the past 2 weeks i have been doing cardio everyday for about 30 mins, with my heart rate at an average of 160 (im 22, and 87 kg). since last week, i also restarted hiit, so i've been doing hiit for 15 mins and medium intensity cardio (150-155 heart rate) for like 15 mins the next day.
    the thing is, my quads feel sore everyday in the morning, and while this soreness leaves by the evening, it obv does come back the next day after cardio. the last time i did hiit, that was the only cardio i did, and i did it every alternate day for 15 mins. so this soreness would only come through the next day, and would only last the day. so i would be fine to do cardio the day after that.

my question is should i go a bit easier on the cardio, or am i good at this level? the soreness level is mild, but i was just wondering if i was overtraining or something...
    What you'll find is D.O.M.S. The Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness. This occurs (and there are various theories out there) after a session. look on wikipedia and other sites for more info on this.

Basically, the more you do this cario.. the mroe your body will adapt and sooner or later you won't get this DOMS feeling.

Hope this helps.