Zain786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Losing lower Belly pouch and Love Handles?

Hello Bodybuilders and enthusiasts,

I am new to this site, quick question which I hope anyone can give me an insightful answer for. I am around 5.9 ft tall, my body weight is now 130.073lb or 59kg, I used to be 25% Body Fat and am now at around 10 - 13%...I train 5 days a week, I train three days on weights lifting heavy doing exercises such as bent over barbell row, bench press, deadlifts, Kettle Bell squat,Hammer curls, goblet squat...the works...I lift HEAVY and my rep range is usually 3 sets of 6 to 8...my body has undergone a huge transformation and I my arms are toned up completely along with my upper body (chest) and legs.

The problem is that I still have a little bit of a pouch on my lower belly and also love handles, I need this to go away ASAP, I just cannot stand them anymore....I have been doing cardio recently which includes HIT training so im doing 20 secs on treadmill as fast as i can at a speed of around 17 - 18MPH, 3KM on the Bicycle machine and then 1000m sprint on the rower machine...My cardio is around twice a week along with three days weights..I feel very strong and muscular but am losing motivation due to my POUCH and LOVE HANDLES...my NUTRITION is very good..I eat oats in the morning along with a protein shake (Matrix Anabolic), for snacks I tend to eat a Bannana or Apple, for lunch it is usually grilled chicken and brocolli...my diet is good and my protein intake is high at around 150 grams...I try to drink a litre of water a day...I am at university so its hard to keep on drinking water constantly but im doing the best i can, I eat no JUNK FOOD and if i do it will be once a month but generally no...i do ab exercises and what not...crunches, twists, hanging leg raises...

HOW DO I GET RID OF IT, IS IT A WAITING GAME OR AM I DESTINED TO HAVE A LOWER POUCH AND LOVE HANDLES..IS IT A GENETIC THING...MY DAD IS FAT BUT MY BROTHER IS NATURALLY LEAN AND EATS ALL THE JUNK AND DOES NOT GET FAT...WHAT SHALL I DO, CALL IT QUITS OR MAINTAIN WHAT I AM DOING????...I NEED HELP ASAP!

Thanks

braddock112233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All you can really do is keep trying to cut until its gone.

Spot reduction doesn't really work.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're skinny fat mate, stop cutting, it won't get you anywhere, as you're discovering. Bulk, cut later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4GgbzzOZlaY

http://www.fitnessfactreview.com/the...y-fat-problem/

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I hate to use the term skinny-fat when I suspect you are basically just skinny (a picture would help), but I agree with the above. There is no point dieting further when you are 5'8" and 130 lbs if you are doing this for the sake of appearance. Time to focus on adding some muscle, and eat a little more.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Stop cutting and start bulking.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Stop cutting and start bulking.
    I am not cutting, I eat around five to six times a day and drink plenty of water..how is that cutting

TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Zain786 View Post
    I am not cutting, I eat around five to six times a day and drink plenty of water..how is that cutting
    Cutting refers to eating less calories than you consume. I assume you're not counting calories then?

I agree with the others. Eat more calories, gain muscle! You will gain fat! Only way you're gonna change your body composition and ultimately get rid of your stubborn fat. It may take several cycles to completely fix/reduce.
    Aug of 2010 - 330 lbs <--- Never Forget

Originally Posted by TelusLob View Post
    Cutting refers to eating less calories than you consume. I assume you're not counting calories then?

I agree with the others. Eat more calories, gain muscle! You will gain fat! Only way you're gonna change your body composition and ultimately get rid of your stubborn fat. It may take several cycles to completely fix/reduce.
    Like what...I am eating relatively healthy at all times, i do not eat carbs after 6pm and my protein intake is relatively high. explain to me the several cycles please..

Zoodust is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zoodust is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zoodust is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zoodust is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zoodust is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zoodust is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zoodust is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zoodust is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zoodust is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zoodust is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zoodust is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Like what...I am eating relatively healthy at all times, i do not eat carbs after 6pm and my protein intake is relatively high. explain to me the several cycles please..
    Cutting = caloric defecit
    Bulking = caloric surplus

And by the way its not about how many times a day you eat... I could eat a whole large pizza and a soda for breakfast and nothing else the rest of the day and it would put put me over maintance still.. or I can have 20 cans a tuna a day and still lose weight.... It's all about calories buddy when it comes weight loss/gain

alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do the same and am cutting. You said you eat about 150g of protein; I'm cutting with 160-175g protein every day and eating less than 1800 calories (and I'm a girl). Like everyone else said, if your calories are at a deficit, you are cutting. I'd suggest to figure out your calorie intake and macros and figure out how much you will need to bulk (read the stickies). If you enjoy eating healthy, you can do a "clean bulk" to keep any rise in body fat to a minimum. Either way, the bulk will pay off more than continuing to cut right now.

Congrats on the transformation, that's awesome!
    "The thrill of trying what doesn't seem possible...this is the place where fear meets faith and the face of God."

"you want results? then train like it."

Bench: 155 lb
    Squat: 245 lb
    Deadlift: 315 lb

alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You also don't necessarily have to worry about what times you eat certain foods at. I don't eat that many carbs at night either because I like having a schedule, but there are a lot of successful people on here who eat whatever they want whenever they want and just make sure they hit their macros/calories.
    "The thrill of trying what doesn't seem possible...this is the place where fear meets faith and the face of God."

"you want results? then train like it."

Bench: 155 lb
    Squat: 245 lb
    Deadlift: 315 lb

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That makes no difference. It depends on how many cals you're eating. If you're trying to lose love handles you aren't bulking.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Agreed...time to bulk...I'm female and bulked on 2500 an barely gained. You will need to eat a lot more than you think. Calculate your caloric requirements to maintain (BMR x activity factor) and add a few hundred calories to that number. [there are stickies in the forums that explain how to do this]

You will need to lift your azz off! As heavy as you can go, and then some. Assuming you have average genetics, expect to gain 50:50 muscle:fat...but dont sweat it, losing fat is far easier than gaining muscle. You can do everything by the book to prevent muscle catabolism on a cut, but it's inevitable that it will occur. Expect to lose 1# muscle for every 3# fat lost, this is where the bulk/cut cycles come in to play. Good luck.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463