mtowns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Right amount of protein

Hi all,

Just for some general information about myself.
    I have recently started going gym and trying to improve my nutrition aswell.
    In my diet I am trying to fit chicken twice a day + a fruit + nuts.

Now my main question, I am drinking Maximuscle Promax for protein after workout. I dont get any aching next day compared to my previous failure attempts at gyming. I feel im not getting any muscle ache because of all the protein in my diet....
    Does this mean that the amount of protein I am taking is enough?
    I am planning to buy some protein bars each with 50gms of protein... will it be necessary to add to my diet? or good or bad, or not make a difference.

Cheers.

Mexisack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mexisack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mexisack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mexisack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mexisack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mexisack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mexisack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mexisack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mexisack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mexisack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mexisack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The answer to this question varies person to person. The nutrition section stickies would answer it definitively, but most people aim for anywhere from 1-1.5g per lb lean body mass.

Shrady will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shrady will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shrady will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shrady will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shrady will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shrady will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shrady will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shrady will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shrady will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shrady will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shrady will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah its about 1-1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight.
    It usually depends, but the nutrition stickies can help you with this.

mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^ What they said. And nice username OP

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mtowns View Post
    Hi all,

Just for some general information about myself.
    I have recently started going gym and trying to improve my nutrition aswell.
    In my diet I am trying to fit chicken twice a day + a fruit + nuts.

Now my main question, I am drinking Maximuscle Promax for protein after workout. I dont get any aching next day compared to my previous failure attempts at gyming. I feel im not getting any muscle ache because of all the protein in my diet....
    Does this mean that the amount of protein I am taking is enough?
    I am planning to buy some protein bars each with 50gms of protein... will it be necessary to add to my diet? or good or bad, or not make a difference.

Cheers.
    Protein requirements are vastly overstated. At your weight you'd be fine with 100g of protein per day most likely. Carbs are much more essential for muscle building and recovery. Simply try each day to meet a goal of around 100g of protein, through whatever means you want.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Most research uses 0.6 to 0.9 grams per pound. If you are doing cardio + wts in the samework out, Id say 0.65 g per pound.

tip. its a myth that we can only absorb 35-40 grams of protein per meal

Joe
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com