Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    Haha. No one has ever accused me of not being closed minded

I've always held to management's view on this subject and I've seen way too much abuse in this area.
    I guess as being a part of management you can easily spot those that abuse it. I had one employee that used Vacation days on Fridays and Sick Days on Monday's.....it was a trend.

I've heard ALL kinds of excuses. At one of my former employers we required a Dr's note for those that abused it. Trusted and GOOD employees were never an issue.

I've worked at quite a few places and I have NEVER seen an employer financially reward an employee for working through "sick days"

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cowboybiker View Post
    There is this to consider
    Half the people in my office have young children. If no one came in when they had the sniffles nothing would get done and we don't work in an environment where someone else can pick up yer slack. No one here is allowed to be hit by a bus or we will bring them back to life and kill them ourselves.
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

darenblack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darenblack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darenblack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darenblack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darenblack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darenblack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darenblack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darenblack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darenblack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darenblack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darenblack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    I haven't called in to work sick since October 2005. Missed 1 day. And that was 2 employers back. Last company I was there 2.5 years without a sick day and I've worked here 3.5 years and have not yet taken a sick day.

Prior to that my last sick day was January 2001, but I was really sick and missed 3 days.

Almost did today, though...I feel like crap and have had a headache all week. And I almost NEVER get headaches. I didn't want to break my 'streak' though.

I know lots of people call in 'sick' when they aren't even sick. Pissed off, lazy, tired, hungover, need to do personal stuff, etc.

I never do that.

So what about you? Do you take adavantage, use sick days when you need them, or show up every day regardless?
    the world needs more guys like you,, tell us how can one become like you!

pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The only time I call in sick, an internal organ is being removed.

In the past 8 years I missed 2 days sick as a dog with the flu.

I have worked for my company for 23 years, and the other sick days involved gall bladder removal.
    I was ready to go back after a week, they made me wait 3 weeks.
    That was during the Bush/Gore hanging chad recount.
    Good times right there.

I have also discovered through a lot of trial and error (mostly error) that if I don't drink alcohol, I NEVER get hung over.
    Especially when I know I have to work.

Jus sayin
    �����Dirty�����South�����Crew�����
    FORMER GYM OWNER

DIRTY TEXAN

COFFEE LOVER

pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by darenblack View Post
    the world needs more guys like you,, tell us how can one become like you!
    I don't speak for FLEX...but the answer is:

One heavy badass rep at a time.
    �����Dirty�����South�����Crew�����
    FORMER GYM OWNER

DIRTY TEXAN

COFFEE LOVER

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Plus... it's much better to not call in, but come in to work, and then surf the o35 misc all day.
    David

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jellodirt View Post
    I appreciate when co-workers call in sick instead of valiantly spreading their disease all over the office like some sort of saintly martyr.
    We just had a run of a bad cold go through the office this year. One lady had the flu and an upper respiratory thing right behind it, she was out 6 days. I had it too, but was functional with no fever. So I toughed it out. Everyone is pretty much over it now. I did miss 2 days already with a spinal injection last week.

Come March, some people will be totally out of PTO time. Some have legit reasons, kids with chronic illnesses, elderly parents to take care of.

Rob
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I can do my job from home whenever I need to. If I'm sick, I'll send an email to the office saying i'm working from home. I can't remember the last time I was too sick to type on a laptop in bed.

I did end up taking about a month of medical leave last year for a couple surgeries. We have unlimited paid time off, so that was no big deal. Some of my friends here took 2 months vacation time last year. Management supports that if you're a good employee. I'm hoping to take an actual vacation this year that doesn't involve lying in bed recovering from surgery.

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mslman71 View Post
    Half the people in my office have young children. If no one came in when they had the sniffles nothing would get done and we don't work in an environment where someone else can pick up yer slack. No one here is allowed to be hit by a bus or we will bring them back to life and kill them ourselves.
    I just figured for you office rats.
    I work construction. Chopped my fingertip off, put it back on with duct tape and finished the day
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you people had a professional looking watch, you wouldn't want to call in sick all the time!
    David

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just figured for you office rats.
    I work construction. Chopped my fingertip off, put it back on with duct tape and finished the day
    Did that with an xacto knife once carving out wing ribs for an RC plane, except that there was a small sliver of skin holding it on. I CA'd it back down and it healed up okay. I was surprised.

Try SCE to AUX

Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PLANETGETLOW View Post
    I CANNOT STAND when people come to work sick, sick as in fever and all the other symptoms that go along with it. STAY HOME, YOU'RE REALLY NOT THAT IMPORTANT. The business will make it.

If have just a cold or the sniffles (with no fever) I will come in, but if I'm not feeling good, I stay home.
    Originally Posted by jellodirt View Post
    I appreciate when co-workers call in sick instead of valiantly spreading their disease all over the office like some sort of saintly martyr.

^^^These!
    Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=388841&page=90

xccellence.com, theironden.com

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I actually took the last two days off for sickness (first time in 3 years). Technically, I used vacation time because my managers were getting on my a** (I had carry over from last year).

My employer does not have sick days, only personal time, and they force you to take all of your time off. Win win...

I agree with plantetglow and jello... if you're legit sick, leaking like a sieve and stand the chance of getting others sick... stay out of work and stay out of the gym.

cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Did that with an xacto knife once carving out wing ribs for an RC plane, except that there was a small sliver of skin holding it on. I CA'd it back down and it healed up okay. I was surprised.
    Thats how mine was, just a small piece keeping it on.
    It healed up but took almost a year to get sensation back.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Plus... it's much better to not call in, but come in to work, and then surf the o35 misc all day.
    lol, it does make you wonder how people get such high post counts. I always assumed they were stay at home housewives or something!

If you people had a professional looking watch, you wouldn't want to call in sick all the time!
    lulz
    Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=388841&page=90

xccellence.com, theironden.com

Thats how mine was, just a small piece keeping it on.
    It healed up but took almost a year to get sensation back.
    Sensation never really came back on mine. Maybe I should have used more glue.

I did use sawdust to pack a chainsaw wound once. That was stupid. Do not do it.

Try SCE to AUX

Sensation never really came back on mine. Maybe I should have used more glue.

I did use sawdust to pack a chainsaw wound once. That was stupid. Do not do it.
    Eschew glue.
    Duct tape heals all wounds.

But thanks for the heads up on the sawdust

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    the world needs more guys like you,,
    Agreed.

tell us how can one become like you!
    Unfortunately you either have it or you don't. Clearly you don't.

So keep going with that sarcasm thing you do so well; it's really working for you!

I've actually had a rather productive day; got some reports done. Cleaned up my desk. Attended a meeting I wasn't invited to just to give my support and ended up getting handed a new project that I'm about to start working on.....
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If I know something is going on I won't blue falcon my co-workers but on the flip side it doesn't break my heart to call in sick either as long as everything is covered.

There was a gal from my office that called in sick to go call bingo at an Eagle's Club in another town. For whatever reason my boss went there to drink beer.
    "Before my father died, he said the worst thing about growing old was that other men stopped seeing you as dangerous. I've always remembered that, how being dangerous was sacred, a badge of honor." - Act Of Valor

geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think it can all depend on what field you are in too. Growing up in Wisconsin I did a lot of construction weather permitting. Most construction workers are laid off sometime from Dec - Feb because of snow and ice the ground is frozen etc. You can usually work through Nov and start back up around March. During those months instead of just collecting unemployment and sitting around I would take a job as a cook/bartender at my buddies sports bar. When you play with peoples food you should not come in if you have a cough or runny nose etc. I am a big believer in absolute sanitation in that situation. If you just sit at your own desk you can probably just let your boss know how you feel and do your best to avoid your co-workers and do your thing. Heck though with networking being what it is today, a lot of folks can probably get away with just remote log in for a few days still get their work done through file servers, and avoid getting their co-workers sick too.
    Get your ass in the gym period!

erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Haha. No one has ever accused me of not being closed minded

I've always held to management's view on this subject and I've seen way too much abuse in this area.
    Abuse is a whole other topic! There is always going to be someone who abuses the system. I would agree with your assessment in that case!
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=17995794

geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lol tell em brother!
    Get your ass in the gym period!

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    ended up getting handed a new project that I'm about to start working on.....
    Looks like you should have called in sick after all lol...
    David

PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz
    Now I'm feeling sick.....may have to call in tomorrow, it is FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Being self employed, there really is no sense in calling in sick, but then again, there is no ability either. In a 7 day a week retail operation and as sole charge owner/operators for 5 of those days, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Prior to this though, my sick leave at my previous jobs almost always went unused, except with both kids had the chicken pox, then me and the mrs shared the stay home duties to look after them
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150040863

Max Lifts

Squat 135kgs (297 lbs)
    Bench 105kgs (231 lbs)
    Deads 160kgs (352lbs)

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've had 2 days off in 10 years at my current employer both last week.
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by PLANETGETLOW View Post
    I guess as being a part of management you can easily spot those that abuse it. I had one employee that used Vacation days on Fridays and Sick Days on Monday's.....it was a trend.

I've heard ALL kinds of excuses. At one of my former employers we required a Dr's note for those that abused it. Trusted and GOOD employees were never an issue.

I've worked at quite a few places and I have NEVER seen an employer financially reward an employee for working through "sick days"
    I worked at a place where if you were sick you had to come in and tell your boss and ask for the day off.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    I worked at a place where if you were sick you had to come in and tell your boss and ask for the day off.

Try SCE to AUX

Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I am guessing we have quite a few non-union workers responding? I am not a fan of sick days except when really necessary. I know quite a few union people that take them because they believe they are due those days, and using them somehow costs them. I gots a problem with that attitude for sure.

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm self-employed and one would think that I could take as many days off as I'd like to. However, I work on appointments so if I want to call in sick I have to call in sick to all of my clients for that day. Plus I take a big hit in income if I can't reschedule the session before the end of the month. Each appointment pays me about $75 and I average about 5 per day so one day of calling in sick can mean a $375 loss in income for the month.

Needless to say I've forced myself to come to work many times despite feeling horrible. One time I even wore a painters mask so nobody would bitch and moan. lol
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.