DazeDolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DazeDolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DazeDolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DazeDolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DazeDolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DazeDolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DazeDolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DazeDolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DazeDolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DazeDolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DazeDolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Deadlift and Weak Abs

Everytime i try to do deadlifts my lower back starts to hurt a lot. It gets to the point where i cant even walk sometimes but for some reason this doesnt occur with back squats and sometimes it doesnt even occur when i try to RDL or Trap Bar deadlifts. I read that weak abs could lead to lower back pain when deadlifting and mine are pretty weak. Any thoughts on this? Also i dont think my form is wrong . Ive gotten it checked by numerous of people , including one of the bodybuilders that work at my gym(he just told me to stop deadlifting it doesnt agree with my body)

shropshireliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DazeDolo View Post
    Everytime i try to do deadlifts my lower back starts to hurt a lot. It gets to the point where i cant even walk sometimes but for some reason this doesnt occur with back squats and sometimes it doesnt even occur when i try to RDL or Trap Bar deadlifts. I read that weak abs could lead to lower back pain when deadlifting and mine are pretty weak. Any thoughts on this? Also i dont think my form is wrong . Ive gotten it checked by numerous of people , including one of the bodybuilders that work at my gym(he just told me to stop deadlifting it doesnt agree with my body)
    I have really strong abs from soccer and cycling and i had the same problem. I did some isolate workouts on my lower back and strengthened it then i went back and continued with deadlifting but i started with really soft weight. Took some time

DazeDolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DazeDolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DazeDolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DazeDolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DazeDolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DazeDolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DazeDolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DazeDolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DazeDolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DazeDolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DazeDolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by shropshireliam View Post
    I have really strong abs from soccer and cycling and i had the same problem. I did some isolate workouts on my lower back and strengthened it then i went back and continued with deadlifting but i started with really soft weight. Took some time
    even lower back extensions bother me. =\

ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000)
    He who does Blast Strap Fallouts shall have abdominals of forged steel!
    Eternal Gym Rat, Student Physical Therapist. None of my post content should be taken as medical advice. Ask your doctor/PT.

Best Gym Lifts: 585/390/675 440 FS 265 OHP @203 No longer competing

I lift weights for fun

brianpancow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brianpancow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brianpancow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brianpancow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brianpancow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brianpancow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brianpancow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brianpancow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brianpancow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brianpancow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brianpancow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DazeDolo View Post
    Hmmm that's a tough one since your form is already correct, and I'm assuming you're not performing crazy amounts either. I understand why weak abs could be the issue because your spines flexor muscles include your abdominal muscles, and you probably already read about how they enable bending and arching. Though I never had this issue, maybe you should just strengthen your abdominal's and see how deadlifts feel after taking a short period away from them. Doesn't hurt to try, and every person's body is different so maybe that is all you need to do.

nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think you should post a video. Nothing wrong with a few more people checking your form.

Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are you just tightening your abs or are you letting them expand outwards? You should take big deep breath and push outward with your abs for stability, not suck them in.

Also if you're arching your back too back either way it can cause pain, try a neutral spine.
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Strict limited diet crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140012233
    Oil cleanse your face: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156983633&pagenumber=