Thread: Round 2

vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Round 2

Okay, since my last routine was simply NOT okay I tried to develope another one that would be better for a beginner. I've been researching a lot of the suggested beginner routines and tried to compile another one. Thoughts, comments, suggestions, and criticisms please and thanks.

Cycle I

Day 1:
    Incline Bench Press
    Military Press
    Inverted Squat
    Calf Raises on Machine

Day 2:
    Seated Rows
    Pull Ups
    DB Shrugs
    Seated Leg Curls
    Posterior Delt Fly

Day 3:
    Rest

Cycle these three days for 3 weeks

Cycle II

Day 1:
    Flat Bench Press
    Overhead Press w/DB
    Squat
    Calf Raises w/BB

Day 2:
    Bent Over Rows w/DB
    Lat Pulls
    BB Shrugs
    Face down Leg Curls

Day 3:
    Rest

Cycle III

Day 1:
    Incline Fly
    Skull Crushers
    Leg Extension
    Calf Raise on Machine
    Military Press

Day 2:
    Weighted Pull Ups
    Seated Row
    Seated Leg Curl
    DB Shrugs

Day 3:
    Rest

Cycle IV

Day 1:
    Flat Bench Fly
    Tricep Extension w/cable
    Weighted Lunges
    Calf Raises
    Overhead DB Press

Day 2:
    Lat Pulls
    Bent over Rows w/DB
    Face down Leg Curls
    BB Shrugs

Day 3:
    Rest

It's a 12 week cycle. I wouldn't do the exercises in this order necessarily. I'm not sure of what kind of set x rep ratio I should be doing for max gains. There seems to be some controversy about that. I was thinking of doing a 3x8-12.

Thanks in advance for the help!

vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No reply is ... good?

Helpful forum is helpful... -.-

JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    For a beginner you would be better off keeping most exercises the same for the full 12 weeks, cycling every 3 is just going to remove exercises right before you start really progressing on them. Sure you can change a few things up but focusing on a handful of basic movements and seeing how far you can take them in 12 weeks is likely going to give you the best results.

krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why don't you pick a proven beginner routine made by an experienced lifter? I wouldnt make my own routine untill I'm an advanced intermediate. The problem I see with your routine is the lack of progression scheme and too many exercises. Do all pro's routine, starting strength or JasonDB 5x5 routine and you will have better results. Of course it's just my opinion.

DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    3 weeks is not long enough to gain the maximum benefit from a particular routine. The push/pull idea is sound, and most of the individual cycles have pretty good exercises.

Day 1
    Horizontal Press
    Vertical Press
    Quad-dominant lower body exercise
    Calf Raises

Day 2
    Horizontal Pull
    Vertical Pull
    Leg Curl (would change to a complete lower body hamstring-dominant exercise like RDL or SLDL, or DL for that matter)
    Shrug

What would be the issue with choosing the best out of each of those and doing it for 12 weeks? (Or longer if it keeps working.)

Frequency is a little steep with 4-2/3 workouts a week. You could do a MTThF scheme and reduce frequency a bit and increase simplicity and reduce scheduling conflicts.

EDIT: krysix is right. As a beginner, full body 3x a week is ideal and the common ones are all well thought out. But if you're just creating a workout for fun or as an intermediate routine once you're done full body progression, you are on the right track.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by vocathalete View Post
    I've been researching a lot of the suggested beginner routines and tried to compile another one.
    Why are you doing this? You have no experience from which to write your own routine.

Pick a proven beginner program from the stickies and stop wasting your time writing these ridiculous programs and then complaining when no one wants to "critique" them.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Why are you doing this? You have no experience from which to write your own routine.

Pick a proven beginner program from the stickies and stop wasting your time writing these ridiculous programs and then complaining when no one wants to "critique" them.
    just trying to apply myself and explore my understanding of the subject matter. I usually try to do it with the least amount of negativity possible. Try it!

I will definitely check out those routines. I don't have a problem using them. Just trying to see what I could make. Thanks for the positive replies and feedback.

RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for the positive replies and feedback.
    Don't ask for 'criticisms' if all you want is positive replies and feedback. If your precious ego can't handle being told what you are suggesting sucks, then don't ask.

FWIW, I believe this proposal does suck. It reeks of dat dere musckle confuzzlement. You don't need to be constantly 'changing things up' to make progress. You need progression, either in weight added to the bar, reps, or sets.

Keep reading, keep learning, but more important, go lift some heavy sh!t and test your hypotheses and prove everyone wrong. Start a journal and go do your program for the next 12 weeks. Post before / after picks, before / after measurements, and starting / finishing lifts. Then you will have a frame of reference to make REAL judgements about what might work and what might not. The sample size will still be too small to make generalizations about the efficacy of your program, but at least you'll feel better about it.

Originally Posted by RockCrab View Post
    Don't ask for 'criticisms' if all you want is positive replies and feedback. If your precious ego can't handle being told what you are suggesting sucks, then don't ask.

FWIW, I believe this proposal does suck. It reeks of dat dere musckle confuzzlement. You don't need to be constantly 'changing things up' to make progress. You need progression, either in weight added to the bar, reps, or sets.

Keep reading, keep learning, but more important, go lift some heavy sh!t and test your hypotheses and prove everyone wrong. Start a journal and go do your program for the next 12 weeks. Post before / after picks, before / after measurements, and starting / finishing lifts. Then you will have a frame of reference to make REAL judgements about what might work and what might not. The sample size will still be too small to make generalizations about the efficacy of your program, but at least you'll feel better about it.
    It has nothing to do with ego or me not being able to handle what's being said. I asked for every response that I've gotten. That's what you risk when posting. I get that. That doesn't mean I have to swallow every bit of information being spoon-fed on here. I'm looking for positive feed back b/c usually the person that is being positive is actually trying to helpful instead of feed their own ego. You can be critical and productive at the same time. Instead people feel the need for destructive criticism which only affects negatively. It's unnecessary.

With that being said I really appreciate your feedback. I was wondering about the amount muscle confusion there was in a 12 week period. All I have to do is tweak it! I'm starting it Monday. I will do some before and afters and we'll see how it goes.

RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000)
    All I have to do is tweak it! I'm starting it Monday. I will do some before and afters and we'll see how it goes.
    Awesome! Start a journal in the 'workout journals' section and post a link in here or in your sig. I'm interested to see how things go for you.

CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not gonna lie, I stopped reading at inverted squats and leg curls. Where are the actual leg exercises in the first cycle?

If this is for beginners why not include squats and deadlifts?
    First, Revolution
    Then, Resolution
    Finally, Evolution

SQ [450x1] BP [285x1] DL [500x1] all @ 230 Raw, Drug Free