BBofDulok is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBofDulok is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBofDulok is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBofDulok is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBofDulok is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBofDulok is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBofDulok is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBofDulok is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBofDulok is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBofDulok is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBofDulok is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question about bailing on a power clean when too heavy no bumper weights

Well the title pretty much explains it all, but I can go into a little bit more detail.

I recently power cleaned 195 for the first time, with a PR of 15lbs, previous record being 180. I was able to make this jump because I learned how to duck under the bar more. I want to try more. But here's the problem . I haven't worked on my front squat that much. I am not sure how much I can deep front squat. When I toy around with the bar, I can catch it in the deep squat position. I think I could catch heavier weight in the deep squat position, but I don't think I could stand back up with it. How do I bail out? That's my question. + reps for best answers
    Subscribe to the Bearded Beast of Dulok kids

ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BBofDulok View Post
    Well the title pretty much explains it all, but I can go into a little bit more detail.

I recently power cleaned 195 for the first time, with a PR of 15lbs, previous record being 180. I was able to make this jump because I learned how to duck under the bar more. I want to try more. But here's the problem . I haven't worked on my front squat that much. I am not sure how much I can deep front squat. When I toy around with the bar, I can catch it in the deep squat position. I think I could catch heavier weight in the deep squat position, but I don't think I could stand back up with it. How do I bail out? That's my question. + reps for best answers
    Just dump it off of you and jump back practice with lighter weight it's no big deal

Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you're going to be going into a deep front squat then it isn't going to be a power clean anymore it will be a squat clean. Power cleans are generally caught high. ChrisJones999 is right though, dump and jump. You will pretty much instinctively get out of the way when you dump it.
    Last edited by Sendug; 01-24-2013 at 04:15 AM.
    http://www.half-the-man.com - My new blog dedicated to my experiences with weight loss. Helpful hints, tips and articles that may facilitate your fat loss.

30 Stone(420 pounds) -> 14.5 stone(203 pounds) in 3 years. Come at me bro!

☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆
    ₪ ₪ ₪TRUE MI$CER₪ ₪ ₪
    [A]lpha [B]eard [C]rew

OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1) Front squat more.

2) Bailing: Push the bar one way, move your body the other way. Bumper plates or not, you can replace them. You can't replace your body. Just be safe and smart.

BBofDulok is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBofDulok is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBofDulok is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBofDulok is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBofDulok is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBofDulok is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBofDulok is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBofDulok is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBofDulok is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBofDulok is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBofDulok is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the answers guys. I have never tried to catch heavier weight too much lower than a power clean so I didn't want to go too heavy and not know how to bail.

So basically, bailing will come naturally to me, I just need to clear plenty of space so I can drop the weight if need be?

OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So basically, bailing will come naturally to me, I just need to clear plenty of space so I can drop the weight if need be?
    Yup, pretty much.

LudiWithKnives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LudiWithKnives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LudiWithKnives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LudiWithKnives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LudiWithKnives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LudiWithKnives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LudiWithKnives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LudiWithKnives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LudiWithKnives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LudiWithKnives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LudiWithKnives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    either weight goes forward and you go back

or

weight goes back and you jump forward

i dropped a failed snatch down my spine 2 months into lifting because i never realized i needed to learn how to bail
    .........(july 23, 2010)
    Bench 200
    Squat 335
    Deadlift 375

Snatch/CnJ 84kg/108.5kg (sept 23, 2011)

ATG 134kg
    FS 120kg

get jacked, squat rack
    do rows; working on your back

doievenlift.tumblr.com

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ELE2 CREW FOUNDER

trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by OlyTrick View Post
    1) Front squat more.

2) Bailing: Push the bar one way, move your body the other way. Bumper plates or not, you can replace them. You can't replace your body. Just be safe and smart.
    Or the bar will squeeze you out. Had that happen to me for the first time, I shot back a couple feet...
    Squat: 135 lbs
    Bench: 225 lbs
    Deadlift: 185 lbs

Stop quoting my stats. I know what I'm doing if I can deadlift 1.5 plates.

Originally Posted by LudiWithKnives View Post
    either weight goes forward and you go back

or

weight goes back and you jump forward

i dropped a failed snatch down my spine 2 months into lifting because i never realized i needed to learn how to bail
    I hope that's for snatch's and not power cleans, because I imagine on a clean the bar would have to travel through you for it to go back and you forward.

Originally Posted by trailless View Post
    Or the bar will squeeze you out. Had that happen to me for the first time, I shot back a couple feet...
    Squeeze you out? Do you mean like in a literal sense? LOL I think I've seen videos of that on california strength. I'm just worried about any dangers to look out for. So far I've learned to clear out my training area a little more before trying a questionable clean, i train in my room and it's carpeted so i'm hesitant to drop the weights. I'm on the first floor, it seems sturdy but i don't want to damage the floor obviously. I'm unsure if it even would actually. But you can never be too careful

trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I hope that's for snatch's and not power cleans, because I imagine on a clean the bar would have to travel through you for it to go back and you forward.

Squeeze you out? Do you mean like in a literal sense? LOL I think I've seen videos of that on california strength. I'm just worried about any dangers to look out for. So far I've learned to clear out my training area a little more before trying a questionable clean, i train in my room and it's carpeted so i'm hesitant to drop the weights. I'm on the first floor, it seems sturdy but i don't want to damage the floor obviously. I'm unsure if it even would actually. But you can never be too careful
    Go make a make shift platform. Some ply wood and rubber mats on the sides. You coupld probably make it for under $75...
    Squat: 135 lbs
    Bench: 225 lbs
    Deadlift: 185 lbs

Stop quoting my stats. I know what I'm doing if I can deadlift 1.5 plates.

Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lmfao

I have another question: Today I was doing heavy front squats all the way down, what happens when your at the very bottom of the movement and your so low you cannot drop the bar nor stand back up and you've gone too heavy? You'd be in trouble wouldn't you..well that almost happened to me today. I had to rest for an extra 6 seconds at the bottom before i could stand back up , I almost didn't make it and I was by myself. LOL wtf do I do in this situation?

Besides try not to get in it in the first place lol

Edit: Heavy sets of 3, made 165x3 as a PR ( achieving absolute full ROM) went for 170x3, got stuck at my second rep, still made it at least but it was close.

+reps for good answer. for example, when you fail with the bench press, if the weights not too heavy, you can sorta roll it to your waist and then sit up so you don't die.

LOL imagine being stuck at the bottom of a front squat and being so low that you cannot drop the weight. What do you do?

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have another question: Today I was doing heavy front squats all the way down, what happens when your at the very bottom of the movement and your so low you cannot drop the bar nor stand back up and you've gone too heavy? You'd be in trouble wouldn't you..well that almost happened to me today. I had to rest for an extra 6 seconds at the bottom before i could stand back up , I almost didn't make it and I was by myself. LOL wtf do I do in this situation?

Besides try not to get in it in the first place lol

Edit: Heavy sets of 3, made 165x3 as a PR ( achieving absolute full ROM) went for 170x3, got stuck at my second rep, still made it at least but it was close.

+reps for good answer. for example, when you fail with the bench press, if the weights not too heavy, you can sorta roll it to your waist and then sit up so you don't die.

LOL imagine being stuck at the bottom of a front squat and being so low that you cannot drop the weight. What do you do?
    Dump it!! Literally, just "pop" it forward and get out from under it. Google bailing front squats and you'll get the idea!!
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

Originally Posted by olyw8lifter View Post
    Dump it!! Literally, just "pop" it forward and get out from under it. Google bailing front squats and you'll get the idea!!
    thank you, i will try this next time