jenniepea is on a distinguished road. (+10) jenniepea is on a distinguished road. (+10) jenniepea is on a distinguished road. (+10) jenniepea is on a distinguished road. (+10) jenniepea is on a distinguished road. (+10) jenniepea is on a distinguished road. (+10) jenniepea is on a distinguished road. (+10) jenniepea is on a distinguished road. (+10) jenniepea is on a distinguished road. (+10) jenniepea is on a distinguished road. (+10) jenniepea is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Judge my diet/routine/supps

I'm fairly new to this lifestyle and have recently decided to add supplements to my regime. I've been seeing a trainer who has taught me a ton, but my sessions with her are coming to an end and I feel like I could use a bit of a boost.

I am working out an average of 4 days per week (2 leg days, 2 arm days, both with a 15 min warm up and 10 min cool down which consists of 15% incline at 3 mph on the treadmill). I have been sticking to a meal plan about 95% of the time;

Meal 1:
    Greens shake + omegas + multi
    5 egg whites

Meal 2:
    Fruit
    3 rice cakes + all natural peanut butter

Meal 3:
    Chicken, rice& veg + omegas

Meal 4:
    Greek yogurt w/stevia & hemp hearts

Meal 5:
    3 rice cakes w/all natural peanut butter+ omegas

Meal 6:
    Protein shake

Before bed - vit c,vit d, omegas

This has been working great for me. I'm down 13 lbs, 4% body fat and a total of 13.5 inches in 3 months. My digestive system seems to be I proved as well. I don't really have a goal weight. I would like to reduce my body fat, and keep on track to becoming stronger!

I just ordered some supplements, which should be arriving tomorrow;

CLA
    L-Carnitine
    Preworkout shake (nutrabolics, hemorush) with creatine
    Glutamine
    More whey (isolate blend)

I have a pretty good idea of dosages for the supplements; 5000mg, 4000mg, 1 shake, 5g (correct me if I'm wrong). I guess I'm just looking for any advice on incorporating the supplements, and keeping on track once my personal training sessions are up!

KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    First off, great choice on making the decision to engage in a healthy and active lifestyle. Secondly, congrats on losing 13 lbs. so far! Those inches lost are also very, very impressive. Your diet looks very clean and I wouldn't change anything about it as long as it's working for you and you can keep following the same routine without a trainer. Looking at the supplements you ordered, it looks like you made some good decisions for the most part. Glutamine isn't really necessary and you'd probably better off going with an all-around BCAA supplement. Besides that, it looks great! Keep it up Don't hesitate to PM me if you ever need any motivation or have any questions. I've been down the road you are on right now.
    ~Veni Vidi Vici~

Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You said you're doing two leg days and two arm days...do you mean lower and upper? Are you training chest, back and shoulders too?

Congrats on the loss so far

jenniepea is on a distinguished road. (+10) jenniepea is on a distinguished road. (+10) jenniepea is on a distinguished road. (+10) jenniepea is on a distinguished road. (+10) jenniepea is on a distinguished road. (+10) jenniepea is on a distinguished road. (+10) jenniepea is on a distinguished road. (+10) jenniepea is on a distinguished road. (+10) jenniepea is on a distinguished road. (+10) jenniepea is on a distinguished road. (+10) jenniepea is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you both!

KwayZee, thank you for your kind words. I had hit that wall that most of us are familiar with, and it was just time! My biggest excuse before was that I didn't have time. Now I make time. I have made the gym a part of my family's routine!!

Good to know, I've read a lot about BCAA's and Glutamine and wondered if they duplicated each other. I'm sharing these supplements with my husband so they'll finish up quickly I imagine. Next time around I will go for the BCAA's! Thanks again :]

Lunu, Yes, I should have clarified, upper and lower! I'm definitely including back & chest!!

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would die on that diet...too boring. Eat whatever you'd like and hit your calories and macros and you'll be fine.

Lift as heavy as you can and you'll keep making progress.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

I thought that at first too, but 3 months in I'm pretty well used to it. Like I said, I stick to it about 95% of the time... meaning that sometimes I'll swap tuna and crackers or a "healthy" wrap for one of my meals, and I have about one cheat meal (restaurant) every two weeks. I also have a few drinks (vodka water or vodka diet) every weekend.

I get so confused trying to figure out my macros and stuff. I've read the sticky and I just have a hard time making sense of it all. My trainer came up with my meal plan - she competes and it's a spin off of her personal one. I'm pretty confident that based on my strength gains and weight/bf loss that it's working for me.

I'm definitely trying to increase how much I lift as well. When I first started, I could barely do 7.5lb free weights and 20lbs on a bar. I'm up a bit, 12.5 or 15lb free weights and 30-35 on a bar. When I'm pressing it's an empty bar (around 45-50lbs), but I'll get there! I think once I've gotten my bf down a bit more, I'll be focusing more and more on how much I can lift. I've read a lot of articles on here and other forum threads by users and am coming to the conclusion that this is probably the most successful way to go about it.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I see...I eat the same thing every day during prep because it's easy. I know what to throw in my lunch bag and takes me 10 minutes tops to cook and package in the mornings.

I'm takin a little more liberties this prep, like swapping my almonds for peanut butter such a rebel. I try to make equivalent swaps without loosing complete site of my plan, similar to what you are doing.

Although, I avoid restaurants due to not knowing how they prepare foods. I always assume the will cook any protein and veggies in a few tablespoons of oil...yuck!
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jenniepea View Post
    I thought that at first too, but 3 months in I'm pretty well used to it. Like I said, I stick to it about 95% of the time... meaning that sometimes I'll swap tuna and crackers or a "healthy" wrap for one of my meals, and I have about one cheat meal (restaurant) every two weeks. I also have a few drinks (vodka water or vodka diet) every weekend.

I get so confused trying to figure out my macros and stuff. I've read the sticky and I just have a hard time making sense of it all. My trainer came up with my meal plan - she competes and it's a spin off of her personal one. I'm pretty confident that based on my strength gains and weight/bf loss that it's working for me.

I'm definitely trying to increase how much I lift as well. When I first started, I could barely do 7.5lb free weights and 20lbs on a bar. I'm up a bit, 12.5 or 15lb free weights and 30-35 on a bar. When I'm pressing it's an empty bar (around 45-50lbs), but I'll get there! I think once I've gotten my bf down a bit more, I'll be focusing more and more on how much I can lift. I've read a lot of articles on here and other forum threads by users and am coming to the conclusion that this is probably the most successful way to go about it.
    Get myfitnesspal so you can track and understand macros.
    If you set this up you can see what you are eating so far in terms of protein, fat and carbs,
    It depends what your goals are,
    Rule of thumb for women is 1g of protein per lb of lean body weight, or body weight, depends on your goals I think, .. Fat is est .45g of fat per lb of body weight,
    Wrk out how many calories you are having a day,
    Protein calories are 4x total g, so I have for example 111g protein a day, that's 444 cals or protein roughly.
    Fat is 9x totals g.
    You minus those calorie totals from your daily calorie goal and the rest can be made up of carbs =)

But depends if you want a low carb diet you would calculate protein and carbs then fat would make up the rest... That's why things can be tricky.. I hope I explained it ok was try to keep it short.

So if you wanted to compare your current diet macros to what you calculate, it could give you some ideas for tweaking your diet.

I would do that first, second, I would increase cardio, and then if you are still hitting a wall, I would then add a fat burner.... That's just from things I have read in articles and others experience...
    Jade
    Kick Today In The Dick